Chapter 3

I hate you

Dinnertime was quiet. Because it was only the two of you. You are still thinking about what Kai had said. You kept playing with your food.

"Yah,eat up and stop playing around with your food." Kai ordered. You roll your eyes and starts stuffing food into your mouth.

"Wae? Still thinking about your boyfriend?" Kai purposely asked.

"Sehun,is not my boyfriend.Even if I want him to be,he can't. Cause unfortunately,I'm married. To you!" You answered back,showing off your wedding ring that is on your finger and rolling your eyes in annoyance.

"Then,don't give him hope. Ignore him." Kai simply said,propping his elbow on the dining table,watching you.

"It's not that easy.." You said,not making eye contact with him.

"Is it because you like him back?" Kai asked,cautiously.

"Maybe.." you mumbled.

"oh." he simply said,before continue eating. "If you really know Sehun,I'll guarentee you won't like him." he continued.

You took a sip of your drink and studied Kai. "Wae?Wae are you so certain?Even if you tell me,I wouldn't want to know."

He tilted his head to the side and does his famous smirk. "You'll definitely regret what you had just said."

"Then let me ask you,Why are you still friends with him?" You asked,curious.

He put down his utensils and sigh.

"Because he needs me. If I ever leave him like I did once,he would not be here now."

You blinked and try to absorb what Kai had just said. He left Sehun once? Sehun would not be here? You studied his face and you realise he's been clenching his jaw and his face shows seriousness. He then shake his head and stood up.

"I'm going to bed." He simply said,wiping his mouth with the table cloth.

"You're not doing your homework?" You ask.

He then look at you and a short laughter escaped from his mouth. More like a snicker. "I,have done all my work at school not like somebody who was busy walking home with her boyfriend."

You breathe out slowly mentally saying to calm yourself down instead of answering him back with sarcasm. "I,don't want to argue." You simply said with gritted teeth.

Again,he smirked. "Neither do I." and he left.

You slump back on your seat  and think. Again why did you agree on marrying this....this annoying guy? Who always drive you up the wall? You pick up your plate and his and headed towards the kitchen.

"Oh young mistress,Why are you doing this...It is my duty to clean up." the maid hurried up to you and take the plates from your hand.

"Gwenchana. I want to help once in a while,too." You simply answer and head towards the sink to wash your hands.

"But it's my duty,young mistress."

"Nevermind,pass the plates." You insists.

The maid couldn't obliged and pass the plates to you.

"Young mistress,I'm not trying to be rude but...Do you and Young master always fight..?"

You are taken aback by her straightforward question.

"W-wae...you realise it too?" You asked as you scrub the plate clean.

"Not only me,young mistress...Everyone in this house noticed. We all know it's an arrange marriage but usually couples in this situation will slowly and shyly open up to one another but young mistress and young master...." She trailed off as she put the now clean plates away.

You just continue washing the dishes not knowing what to answer her.

"But sometimes,I see young master checking out young mistress when young mistress is not looking."

You are too shocked that a plate slipped from your grip, smashing into pieces in the sink. One of the sharp pieces made a cut on your palm.

"Ouch!" as blood starts to ooze out,dripping onto the sink.

"Omo!" the maid shrieked. "Young mistress,I'm sorry.I didn't mean to-" she starts to panicked.

"It's okay.Just pass me the first aid kit." You said,as you wash your hand. You winced in pain as you realise the cut is stinging your finger.

"I heard a noise,what happened?" As Kai,only in his pajama pants,came in. He then look over at the sink and look at you,his face turn from shock to worry.

"Yah,did you cut yourself?!"

"It's nothing.."

He rushed over to you and take a look at your wounded hand. "Aish,you pabo!"

"I said it's nothing.." you said as you try to pull away from his grip.

"Here's the first aid kit." The maid came back,looking apologetic.

Kai grumbled,took the kit and drag you out of the kitchen. "Kai..." you called out but he just kept quiet and bring you inside the study room.

"Sit." he ordered.

"Kai,really I'm fi-"

"I said sit." he cut you off.

"Kai,it's just a s-" you tried to explain.

But before you could finish your sentence,Kai walked up to you,Pick you up by your waist and make you sit on the study table.You were too shock to react. He then stand so close that his bare chest was almost touching yours. Your legs were pushed apart as he stands in between your legs. You blush slightly at your position with him.

"You stupid girl. It's not your duty to wash the plates but you stubbornly do it. " he said as he took out a cream from the first aid kit. He squeeze out some onto his finger and look at you.

"Your hand." he ordered.

You slowly showed your wounded hand and he hold your wrist firmly.

"This is a deep cut. You could loose a lot of blood from it. Bacteria can spread. You could faint from it. or worse,loose your life." He nagged as he slowly applied some cream onto your palm. You winced in pain.

"Sorry." he apologised,then blowing your wounded palm. He then reached out for the bandage and began wrapping it around your palm.

"What were you thinking?!If the cut were any deeper,it could be severe and you'll make people around you worried sick. Especially me!" He nagged non stop.

All along you could only stare and listen to him.The worried look when he saw your wounded hand. His choice of words of what could have happened if it was any deeper. His nonstop nagging that somehow makes you want to laugh at,His worried glances he gave you as he applies cream onto your palm and how firm yet soft grip he holds your hand,your heart starts to beat faster than usual...What is this feeling..?

"All done. See,I even put a pikachu plaster on it incase the bandage slipped off. Pikachu will secure it and take good care of your hand." he said,smiling like a kid before looking up.

You stare at him,studyiing his face. From his soft,gentle eyes looking back at you. Not his usual brooding,cold eyes. You moved down to his sharp yet a little bit rounded nose. And lastly,your eyes rested on his full plump lips. Overall,he is actually good-looking and well... Handsome. And with this totally different Kai infront of you,he is actually quite...irresistible...

"Pabo." he said,smirking, and pulled away.

You get back to reality and pouted. Why must he be so nice and the next so annoying?

"If you can't wash the dishes,then don't" he said,as he pack up the things back into the kit.

That only mad you angry because the reason is also because of him.

"Well,it's not my fault! I was too shocked because I found out apparently,Somebody has been checking me out without me knowing!" You argued back.

He buckle up the kit and look at you,in shock. You smile in satisfaction as you realise you are winning this argument.

"Someone is checking you out?" He asked,mockingly,looking at you up and down. "That person must be blind!" he laughed,before walking out.

"KAI!!!" You shouted,you grab the nearest thing on the table which is a book and throw it at him.It hits his back.

"Yah,you wanna die?!" He glared at you,but still stiffling his laughter.

You got up,stick out your tongue at him and walk away. "Serve you right!" You shouted but you only hear him laughing.

 

You change into your pajamas and wash your face clean. You then climb onto the bed,remembering to put the bolster in between so the Kai would not get into your space.You lie down and close your eyes.

"Are you asleep?" You heard Kai said,as he gets into bed.

You open your eyes and look at him with a dull face. "If I answer,does it mean I'm asleep?" you said with sarcasm.

He pull the duvet over him and lie down. "You didn't have to answer."

You scrunch up your nose in annoyance. 'Aish,I can never win aguing with him!' you thought.

He then turn to face you. You move back a little because you two were inches away from each other. He mindlessly ruffled his already messy hair and yawned.

'Damn,he does y things so effortlessly.' You thought to yourself. You blinked and quickly look away. 'Have I gone crazy??KAI? Y?!' You argued with yourself.

Noticing you pulled back,he asked you a questionn.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"I'm not a player,I don't have any history of having a girlfriend. I'm certainly not rude. I respect people who are older than me. And obnoxious? No I'm not." he continued.

"Well,you're being contradicting right now saying you're not obnoxious when you just speak highly of yourself." You replied.

"Hey,I was defending myself!" He retorted.

The first person that came into your mind when he asked you that was your mother. She surely must have told him. Who else?

"Remind me to kill my mother." You said out loud.

Suddenly you heard laughter and see Kai laughing heartily. The way he laughs is just rare and.....cute. His eyes are tightly shut,his nose scrunched up and his lips curved into a wide smile. His smile is just contagious that without you realising,you are smiling too.

"You're funny." He suddenly said.

You are used to people saying that but when Kai said then,you can't help but blush. You thank that only the table lamps are on so he can't see clearly that you're blushing.

"If you know me well,I'll bet you take back everything you said about me." he said,as he hug the bolster and looking at you with puppy eyes.

Right there,looking at him behaving like that,you just wanted to agree with him but you can't just change your mind in an instant,right?

"Oh yeah?How can you be so sure?"

He just smile his lazy smile before closing his eyes.

"Jaljayo Chagiya~" he said,before turning his to you.

You blinked. Did he just call you Chagiya...?! You smile and close your eyes. This was actually a real conversation you had with Kai.And it wasn't bad. Believe it or not,Kai is actually.......Nice.

How come only now you realised it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hehehe like it? ;)

Oh god when I was typing this,I can't help but to cringe.Not because it's not good or whatsoever but actually...My brother looks exactly like Kai (the reason why I change my bias to Bacon) so I have to get him out of my mind and focus on KAI! xDD

 

Anyways,as always, comment and subscribe~^^