Chapter 9

I hate you

 

A few Hours earlier...

 

 

Kai's cellphone rang non-stop and Kai ignores it. He was busy telling the maids to hang properly your dress. He doesn't want the dress to be ruined,even the slightest scrunch can upset Kai. The phone kept ringing and ringing and finally Kai picked it up,frustrated.

 

"Yah,what do you want?!" Kai practically shouted at the phone.

"Dude,chill will you!I'm the one who is supposed to be angry at you. Where's my book that I let you borrowed,like..weeks ago?!" A raspy voice,Baekhyun said at the other end.

 

Kai rub the back of his neck as he remembers about the book he borrowed..He laughs nervously. "I'm..still reading it..I'll give it back to you once I have finished reading it.." Kai said as he paced back and forth around the room.

 

"It has only 20 chapters! And you already have a girlfriend who till now,you haven't even introduced her to us! Just give me back my dating tips book. Me,Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are desperates!" Baekhyun babbled on the other line.

Kai bursts out laughing as he imagine his mates desperately trying to flirt with girls. "Okay okay..I will return it once I'm finished with my mission..."

"Mission?what mission?" Kai heard Kyungsoo said at the background. Kai chuckled as he knows it must have been Chanyeol who had put the phone on loud speaker.

"Yeah,what mission?" A baritone voice,Chanyeol chirpped in.

"A mission that has got nothing to do with you guys!byeeeee~~~" Kai purposely said his goodbye longer as he puts the phone further away from him before ending the call. He shake his head and laugh at his chaotic friends.He sat back down and reach out for the book at the table lamp. He turn to the last chapter and read the head title once more.

 

 

 

CONFESSION

 

 #20 : Now that all 19 tips are at the tip of your fingers,the only thing to do is a confession!

Good luck and have a happy life with your soon to be~

 

 

 

 

Kai close the book and sigh. Why did he even wanted to borrow that Bacon's stupid dating tips book. If he hadn't borrowed it,he wouldn't be doing all of this. No,if you didn't come into his life,he wouldn't even know what is love.. He look at the dress beside him and pictured you wearing it. He then smile to himself as he stands up and make his way towards the room you're currently in...

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

  Kai laughed as he remembers what he had gone through this morning just to surprise you. He had actually been nervous,wondering if you would have accepted his invitation or not. He then cooly walk towards the pier where a big tent has already been set up,where he had already asked you to go first. As he approach it,the instant he saw your face,smiling brightly,he hadn't realise he had been smiling too....

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Go and enjoy yourself. I'll be there later..." Kai has said to you as he pushes you slightly towards the pier where a big white tent has already been set up.

You hesitantly walk towards it,turning back to look at Kai but Kai just wave at you,indicating for you to go inside first. As you stand infront of the big white tent's entrance,you feel nervous as you anticipates what's inside. What has Kai planned this time? You push aside the white fabric and went inside.

 

"Happy Birthday to you~!" All the people inside burst into singing the birthday song,upfront,your mother,rolling a birthday cake towards you.

As you are rooted to the ground and is in awe,you scan around the room to see that your family members,your cousins and some close friends are here. Even Kai's mother is here,smiling widely at you. You felt your heart could burst anytime as you are so overwhelmed. Never once in your life has this many people celebrated your birthday. Whatsmore,they actually never had the time to remember your birthday. So how did Kai actually pull this? As they finish singing,and you have cut the cake, and everyone is cheering and clapping, your mother walks up to you and hug you tightly.

"Happy birthday,sweetheart." She said as she cup your face and plant a kiss on your forehead. She look at you with teary eyed and kiss your cheeks."You look so matured now. And so beautiful in this dress..."she compliments. "Now enjoy the party your husband has set up for you.." She then whispered.

You smile and hug her back tightly. "Komawo,Umma..."

 

 

   The next minutes,people came up to you and wish you happy birthday. Some were even your cousins that you haven't seen them for a very long time.Again,how did Kai manage to call them up? As they were all enjoying the party, you realise the tent was decorated beautifully with roses and vines all over. The dim lightings make it a little bit more relaxed and romantic. Just...the way you like it. How did Kai know? As you kept thinking about Kai,you remembered that he is not here. You look out towards the pier,to see him walking slowly towards the tent. You smile brightly at him and he smiles at you back,you felt your heart flutters seeing him like that.

 

"Happy Birthday,Hani." You heard a familiar voice behind you.

You slowly turn around and it's none other than, Sehun. He is well-dressed and he look sleek and stylish,very manly than his usual teenage-like dressing.
 But what is he doing here when Kai is also here?

"S..Sehun..." You muttered. He smile brightly as you call his name. You don't know how to react if he sees Kai here.

"Hey Kai!" Sehun walk up towards Kai and did their own handshake. Kai smile back as he pats Sehun's back. "Isn't he just great?" Sehun pointed at Kai as the latter just shrug. You look at them in confusion.

"Don't you know?His mother,our mama, is a event planner! and Kai helps around~ And look at this place! beautiful,right?" Sehun said,excitedly.

You look at Kai with the is-it-true? face and he just avoid eye contact with you. "I didn't know you two know each other~" Sehun said as he nudge Kai playfully.

Kai just nudge back and smile. "I just know her name is Hani. That's all." Kai lied,Sehun just nod.

 

As the three of you just standing there,suddenly your umma came up to you. "Sorry gentlemens,but may I borrow this beautiful swan for a while..?"

Both Kai and Sehun chuckled as you become flustered from your umma's teasing. Your Umma then drag you towards the centre of the stage.

 

Sehun turns to Kai and smiles. "Thanks,bro. For doing this for her. I've never seen her smile so happily like that. It must have been a big thing for her. I must thank Mama for doing this."

Kai just nod slightly. "I just help Mama."

"oh,and thanks for inviting me and Umma!" Sehun thanked Kai sincerely.

 Kai put an arm around Sehun and chuckled. "What are brothers for,huh? I'm helping you to get her heart,Dear Sehunnie~"

Sehun just laugh and become flustered slightly. "Thanks Kai. I owe you one."

Both of the boys walk towards the the stage. "Oh,how did Mama knows it's her birthday today?"

"Her Umma,of course. Duh~" Kai lied as he answers sarcastically.

 

 

 

 

"Umma,why are you making me sit on the stage?" You asked as your Umma made you sit on a chair,on stage. People starts to crowd around you as you feel all eyes are on you,now. You feel slight embarrassed. You heard the mic being checked before a voice boomed on the sound system. It's Kai's mom.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemens,Now is one of the event where we put out birthday girl on a spot where people can come up to embarass her,or to impress her or do anything to her!"

Everyone cheered as you facepalmed. Oh no..You thought.

Up first,one of your close cousin went up on stage,and began telling your embarrassing moments when both of you were little. Every once in a while you cover your face or just laugh out loud.

"And there's this one time where she wears her red underwear on her head and said 'I'm spiderwoman!' "

Everyone burst out laughing as you try to stay pokerface.

Next,was your aunts and uncles dancing crazily around you,making you close your eyes all the way,not wanting the scene becomes your nightmare at night.

After that,your mom went up on stage and gave a heartwarming talk about mother and daughter and about how both have sacrificed a lot. You began to tear up ad it ends with both hugging each other.

 

 

"Anyone else?" Kai's mother asked.

No response.

"Nobody? So now I officially ends th-"

"Wait."

Everyone turns to see who said that. Kai had raised his hand, You look at him with wide eye. What is he going to do now?

 

 

"My brother,Sehun and I will dance for the birthday girl."

 

 

 

As both of them walk up the stage,you can hear whistles and whispers coming from the audience. As the heavy beat starts to play on the sound system, both boys began dancing in sync. From their precise popping of the chest to the swift moves, you stare at them in awe. All the way,both boys dance,but their eyes are on you. Both of them shows passion in their eyes. Sehun's gaze make your heart beat fast while Kai's bore into you,making you blush. They began circling around you, their moves so elegant yet agrresive. Their moves in sync with the music. Suddenly you felt a pair of arms wrap around your shoulder lightly as he brush his fingers so lightly on your collarbone,making you shiver in excitement,you feel his hot breathe on your neck. It was Sehun. Then he was pushed by Kai,No,it was part of the choreography. Aparrently the dance is about who will get the girl. Kai then swiftly take your hand and turn you into his strong arms,your face inches away from each other. With one swift move,he dip you down low,before bringing you back up. You felt as if you lost your breathe for a second there. Both of you stare at each other with intense gaze before you were turn into someone else's arm,Sehun. Sehun then waltz you around,his eyes locking with yours,all the way. He then make you sit back onto your chair as he smirk and high five Kai,before both of them break in to a sync powerful dance number,with y body waves and crotch-grabbing. After one clean-cut turn,they kneel down on one knee,and extend out a hand with a rose.

 

"Choose!choose!" The audience starts to chant.

You look like a lost kid sitting on the chair. You don't know whom to choose.Kai look up at you,still heavy-breathing,he use his eyes indicating you to choose Sehun. You blinked and again,Kai tells you to pick Sehun. You wanted to object but then he gave you the glare and you slowly takes the rose from Sehun. Everyone cheered as Sehun stands up and hugs you,smiling happily. Kai pretended to fake cry and laughed afterwards.

The music then change into a slow song as you and Sehun began slow dancing,others joined in.

Sehun made eye contact with Kai and Kai gave him a thumbs up. Kai smiled bitterly as he look at how compatible you look with Sehun. He then walk out of the tent,enjoying the night cool breeze. He take out his phone and began dialling.

 

 

 

"Hello?" A deep voice answers bluntly.

"Abeoji..." Kai adress his father.

"What is it,Kai?" his father answers,clearly sounds as if he's annoyed.

"Are you free tomorrow?I need to meet you."

"Is it that important?"

"Yes..Very.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Comment and Subscribe~^^