Goodbyes

Baby, don't cry

"Come out sweetie pie, someone's waiting for you." The man greets me as I walk out the door, whispering in my ear. I cringe as a shiver runs up my body.

"Show me Baekhyun, and I’ll come with you." I demand, sounding as brave as I could, although my voice was shattering.

I have no idea what his condition is. Although the man led him to get ‘medical treatment,’ I don’t entirely believe him. I wonder what he’s like now; and a brief image of his face-pale and in pain fills my head. I shake my head in denial and tried to focus on convincing the man to lead me to Baekhyun. 

"What if I say no?” He replies testily.

"Then I’ll suicide.” I say with determination. “You need me for the money, don’t you?"

The man smirked, slightly revealing his yellowed teeth. "Hmm…I’m thinking," he murmured under his breath. "Fine, take her to lover boy over there." He ended his sentence with a chuckle as two guards pulled me through a series of hallways and finally arrived at the damp cellar that Baekhyun was in. 

I shut my eyes tightly, not wanting to see his body. Dread filled my chest.

"_______? Is that, y-ou?" His breaths were short and choppy.

I suddenly pop my eyes open as tears fall out endlessly. I observe his condition, and my heart hurts.

His face is gray and his eyes dull and tired. It seems as if all the hope is out of his soul. His arm is even more bruised than before, if that was possible.

I ran towards him and collapse beside his arms. He raises his arm to wipe the tears away and I finally notice the heavily blood-stained bandage that they had poorly wrapped on.

"Bae-khy-u-n," I say, stuttering as I feel my heart ripping apart. “Stop moving, PLEASE,” I beg.

I grab his hands and put them on my lap, and my tears just keep on falling as I stare at his beautiful fingers, covered in dust and blood. 

"Stop crying honey, your makeup's smudging off! Now you just look ugly again!" he says in a joking tone and tries his best to put on a smile for me, although I know he's hurting too.

“You’re beautiful _______, you really are. That lucky guy eh?" His voice suddenly stops after this as he sheds a tear too. He looks like he’s about to cry, but he smiles shakily. “I wish I was him.”

A smile faintly creeps onto my face as he pulls me closer and closer, our eyes locked on each other.

He kisses my tears away, softly.

Then I close my eyes, and I feel my heartbeat quicken. So this is how it feels.

I feel his warm breath caressing my face, and he hesitantly touches my lips gently with his own.

I place my hands on his chest, where I feel his heart pounding wildly. His lips crash more forcefully into mine, as if this will be the last time.  

My mouth melts into his.

It makes me feel ecstatic inside, and I feel like I can touch the skies.

My first kiss, and it’s absolutely perfect.