Pain

Baby, don't cry

“What?” I’m not sure I heard him correctly.

He repeats it.

“You want me to be a freaking e? Have you lost your mind?” I snarl angrily.

“You said anything,” he reminds me with a smirk. The group of men we work with find it annoying to be committed to a girlfriend or a wife. We prefer quick and easy.”

That’s it. I officially want to knock him out. Did I look like some sort of freaking toy he could play with?

He read the expression on my face easily. “Refuse, and your friend will die. It’s up to you.”

This is all too much. My heart is pounding in my ears, my throat dry. I’m completely and utterly overwhelmed.

Baekhyun put his life on the line for me, so I should do the same. “Alright.” My voice is flat, devoid of any emotion whatsoever. “I’ll do it.”

“That’s a good girl.” He extends his hand to pat me on the shoulder, but I slap it away.

“Don’t touch me,” I snap.

“Feisty, aren’t we? Why don’t you save that for when you-“

“Shut up!” I scream, and I feel his hand strike me across the face.

“I think you’re the one who needs to,” he says coldly. “Follow me.” He walks out of the cell room, and I follow.

We enter a hallway, laden with fine, elaborately decorated carpets. Modern looking paintings adorn the walls.

“You are prohibited to leave this house, you understand me? You are to come out when we summon you. We’ll provide you with food and the basics.”

“That’s great,” I mutter sarcastically, almost inaudible. Raising my voice, I ask, “where will Baekhyun go?”

“No worries, your boyfriend will be here too. We can’t afford him to leak out any information. But remember, if he interferes or if you screw this up, he’s dead.” His eyes glimmer maliciously.

“How about me? Why wouldn't you kill me?”

“We have other plans for you.” I shudder at the cold look his eyes.

“You start very soon. Prepare yourself,” he winks slightly, and I want to vomit.

We pass by several doors before we stop at one near the end of the hallway.

“Here.” The man unlocks it and pushes me in. “We’ll bring in some food and water during mealtimes.”

I walk in emotionlessly, looking around. A basic twin bed is pushed against the wall, the sheets a plain white. The walls are painted a burgundy colour, and the floor, like the hallway, is lined with carpet. There is a small chair in the corner, and to my right, is a small bathroom. Overall, the room is tiny.

I grit my teeth in anger as I hear the lock click in place.

I walk slowly over to the bed and throw myself on it.

Baekhyun, I wish you could hear me. Are you alright? Getting treated properly? Please be okay.

Tears of loneliness and anger slip down my face. I’m extremely exhausted, and I’m dreading what is to come.

Baekhyun, I’m only doing this for you.

My tears turn into uncontrollable sobs; loud, horrible screams that even through my own ears, I can hear the raw pain.

It hurts, Baekhyun.

My eyelids start to droop as tears continue to fall down my cheeks.

His face is the last image I see in my head before I fall fast asleep.