Confession

Baby, don't cry

Itis dark in the room when I gain my consciousness.

 

I'm in a cramped cellar room, thick black bars about a metre in front of me.

 

I feel a gentle touch on my arm. But it hurt.

 

Why did it hurt so much?

 

I slowly turn my head over, but the small action makes me grimace in pain.

 

I meet the boy’s eyes.

 

“You’re hurt.” His brows furrow in concern.

 

I take in a deep, shaky breath. Along my arms are ugly scars and blood is smeared messily on my arm.

 

He leans in a bit closer and I lean away instinctively.

“I won’t bite.”

 

I gaze at him in closer inspection. I want him to know. I don’t trust people easily.

 

“We haven’t been properly introduced. I’m Byun Baekhyun.” He smiles slowly at me, and it makes me feel at ease.

 

“I’m _________,” I reply. My throat stings. I’m in desperate need of water. “They did this, didn’t they?” My voice comes out as a weak croak.

 

“Yes.” He looks pained. “I..I tried to help you. But they hurt me too.”

 

I finally notice the tears in the fabric of his jacket and his eye, starting to turn an ugly shade of purple.

 

“Thanks. For trying.” I avert Baekhyun’s eyes. Interacting with guys my age is still extremely awkward to me, having never done so in my life.

 

“It’s the least I could do.” Suddenly, he rips a piece of fabric from his white shirt and wipes my arm carefully. The blood that stains the white makes me cringe slightly.

 

“How romantic.” The sarcastic voice interrupts us. We both turn to see one of the men from before, standing calmly in front of the cell.

 

I narrow my eyes in pure hatred. I’ve hated many people before, but I want to lash out and strangle him.

 

“Don’t,” Baekhyun hisses, grabbing onto my arm as a caution.

 

“Listen to the boy,” says the man in an amused tone. “Don’t try anything reckless, honey.”

 

“Who do you think you are? You think you can just beat the crap out of me and lock me in this cell?” I hiss menacingly.

 

He laughs humourlessly.

 

That’s it. I lash out, my body is aching and scratched up, my head is throbbing, but before the man in black can react, I’ve used my fist to punch him right in the nose.

 

“_______!” Baekhyun cries, alarmed.

 

“You BRAT!” The man roars, and pulls out a gun.

 

It’s all over. Not that I have much to live for anyway.

 

I close my eyes and wait for the impact. It never comes. Instead, I hear an ugly, choking gasp.

 

I open my eyes, then I gasp, horrified. By my feet is the body of Baekhyun, clutching his arm in pain. He saved me. Because of my recklessness.

 

“No…no,” My breathing becomes ragged and uneven. Tears start to form in my eyes.

 

“Look what you did.” The man shakes his head mockingly, then exits the room.

 

I frantically rip a large piece of my hospital gown and try to wrap it around his arm. But the blood. It’s everywhere.

 

He’s slipping away, I can feel it. His breathing is shallow.

 

He was already so weak, so beat up, so tired. But he did it for me.

 

Watching him die before my eyes, I realize something. It may sound stupid and unreal, but the first boy I met, I fell for. Byun Baekhyun. Who stupidly sacrificed himself for me and protected me, even when he had just met me.

 

Tears slip down my face.

 

“I love you, Baekhyun.”