Friends.

I Found You In My Closet

“Stupid alarm clock.” You groaned as your alarm clock started ringing on your bedside table. “I get it. It’s Monday today. Now, stop ringing!” You frowned as you reached for it with arms closed. When you grabbed a hold of it, you couldn’t turn it off so you just carelessly threw it on the floor. “5 minutes more.” You mumbled. The supposedly 5 minutes turned out to be 10 minutes. It’s already 6:10AM. You finally got out of bed lazily since you didn’t want to be late for class. You did your things in the bathroom and wore your school uniform. You noticed your broken alarm clock and you picked it up while shaking your head. You put it on the bedside table and sighed. ~I’m so sleepy due to watching a late night movie with Kai that I threw my alarm clock on the floor. I’m so careless. Wait… Kai!~ You immediately dashed to the room beside yours. You opened it and you found no Kai inside. Your shoulders slumped down as you sat on the bed. “I knew he was a dream. Kim Jong In was a dream. Who am I kidding? Kai? A secret agent from the future with a royal duty of protecting me? Nonsense!” You whispered to yourself as you let out a cold laughter. “I feel… rather sad.” You said while looking down. ~Kai was just a dream but I wish he isn’t.~ You thought sadly and sighed. ~Life seems really complicated by the mere thought that I hold the key to the destruction of the whole earth in the future. But… But… I thought that it’s all true. I thought Kai was really true, that he really came out of my closet. Weird dream.~

You then saw a hand waving in front of your face and you looked up.

“Kai!” You exclaimed. ~I thought he’s a dream.~ Your eyes then shifted your attention to his hot abs. Kai was just wearing a towel on his waist and his hair is still wet from bath.

“Good morning, ert.” Kai smirked as he noticed that you’re staring at his abs.

You covered your eyes with your hands, your face heating up. “I’m not a ert!” You defended yourself.

“Why are you here, staring at my oh-so-hot abs then?” Kai smirked even more as he held your hands and kept them away from your eyes.

“I-I came h-here to check t-that y-you aren’t a d-dream!” You stuttered.

“Are my looks that too good to be true?” Kai pretended to be into a deep thinking as he rubbed his chin.

“I was just checking if you’re true!” You finally managed not to stutter. “Well, a guy from my closet… a secret agent… with a royal duty of protecting me… I… hold the key to the big destruction in the future… it’s just that… that… aish!” You pulled your hair but Kai stopped you.

“Don’t. Your hair is totally great so don’t ruin it. Well, do you mind letting me get dressed while you  go outside or do you really have that need to watch me?” Kai smirked once again. He surely loves to smirk at you like that.

“I’ll make breakfast!” You quickly said and ran out of Kai’s room. You went downstairs and made brwakfast for Kai and you.

Kai smiled. ~Soomi amuses me so much.~ He got dressed, fixed his hair, got his things, and went downstairs. Your jaw dropped as soon as he entered the dining room.

“You’re going to my school?!” You exclaimed in disbelief as you saw him in SM High School’s uniform.

Kai shrugged as he sat down on the dining chair. “I wouldn’t be wearing this school uniform if not.”

“How come?!” You frowned as you sat across him.

“I managed to time travel. How can I not enter your school?” Kai gave you a smart reply and took a bite at the food you cooked. “Omo~ this is the jjang! You’ll make a good wife.” He commented and your face was flushed as you tried to concentrate on eating. “I feel like we’re a married couple, actually.” Kai stared at you with those playful tantalizing eyes and you choked on your food. Kai immediately stood up and gave you water to drink. He patted your back during the process. “Feeling better?”

You glared at Kai and scowled. “Don’t drive me crazy.”

Kai chuckled. “I’ll take that as a yes.” Then, he smirked. “Are my looks really that disturbing? I know that I’m seductive and all but please don’t choke on your food.”

“Just shut up.” You rolled your eyes. “You’re not seductive, not at all. Your face is not handsome and the way yor eyes look at me isn’t melting me at all since your eyes are not tantalizing. Then, your abs is not hot and you certainly don’t look like you’re cut from a fashion magazine.” You started rambling things that are opposite from your mind and your cheeks heat up.

“Right~” Kai sang. ~Ahn Soomi, you’re really interesting.~

“Just eat.” You quietly mumbled.

---

You ended up sitting beside the window of the bus with Kai beside you. He insisted that he has this royal duty of protecting you and that means that he should always be with you anywhere.

You noticed that many girls are staring at Kai and fangirling over him. Those in their seats really stood up to see Kai and those who are standing keep on ogling at him. You huffed. ~Tsk. Kai got himself fangirls.~

Kai noticed this and smirked. “Don’t worry. I won’t be anywhere but your side.” He whispered and his lips brushed slightly on your ear. You looked away and maintained your eyes on the window. You just had to secretly smile at this.

Kai then noticed a ert staring at your legs. ~Why does she need to wear that short school skirt and attract a ert?~ Kai shot him a death glare and that man smirked. Kai smirked back. ~My smirk is y, yours is ugly.~ Kai then used a button on his watch and an invisible rope tangled the man. Kai then whipped him away using the invisible rope and he stumbled to a few people and they yelled at him. Kai continued to smirk. ~Look what technology gives to me- lots of advantages. And no, even if you’re in my true time frame, you couldn’t find this watch. I’m a secret agent that’s why I have this.~ Kai glanced at you and his gaze softened. ~Don’t worry, Soomi. My royal duty is to protect you- not just from those men who are after you but from anyone or anything that may harm you. To protect you because men are after you since you hold that certain key is my mission. But, to protect you from any harm is my choice.~ Kai warmly smiled. ~You really make me want to protect you.~

 

“Kai, do you really need to sit beside me even in class?” I suspiciously eyed Kai who isn’t paying any attention to the teacher.

Kai shrugged. “No one sits beside you anyways.”

You were then called to answer an equation on the board. ~I don’t know that. I’m doomed. I’m doomed!~ You were hesitating whether to stand or stay still. Then, Kai placed a paper in you hand and nodded as a sign for you to go. You obliged to Kai and went to the board. ~Why must mixed numbers, letters, and signs have to be so frustrating? Ugh… Wait… Maybe Kai gave this paper to me for something.~ You opened the folded piece of paper. It contained the solution to the problem on the board. You wrote it and went back to your seat.

“Thanks, Kai.” You whispered.

Kai smirked. “You better be thankful that I’m intelligent.”

You rolled your eyes. “Whatever.”

 

As soon as the bell rang, signalling break time, you and Kai went out of the classroom.

“Unnie, is he your boyfriend?” One freshman asked you with sparkling eyes.

“No.” You coldly replied. ~I don’t even know her.~

“Aww~ do you really need to hide it, Soomi unnie?” Another one asked with a pout. ~Seriously, I don’t know you.~

“He’s not my boyfriend.” You replied shortly.

Kai smirked. “I’m her husband. Yeobo, tell them about me.”

You rolled your eyes. “Go to girls spazzing over you.” You started to walk ahead of him. ~I mustn’t let Kai drive me crazy.~

As you entered the cafeteria, you greeted everyone in a bubbly manner and they cheerfully greeted you back. You’re friends with almost all the people in your school but you’re not attached to any of them and you don’t even want to sit with anyone.

You just walk pass SNSD’s table without greeting the nine of them. You only hate one of them- Tiffany. You don’t have any grudges towards the 8 girls. In fact, they like you and you like them. It’s just that you don’t want Tiffany to get angry at them if they talk to you so you just walked to your very own table- the table in the center of everyone. The people around you send you smile during the process and you smiled back. They respect your decision about not sitting with anyone. You don’t want to be attached to anyone after they left you. ~Oppa and my dad.~ It’s not that they wanted to leave you but they left too soon. They died. Your dad died in a car accident two years ago, when you were in your first year in high school while your brother died  when you were in middle school. You were too attached to them that it hurt so much when they left.

“Soomi!” Kai shouted and sat beside you but you didn’t notice his presence since you’re preoccupied with your thoughts. “Why did you leave me?” He asked with a frown. “I was attacked by fangirls and I was tempted to use my skills at them. Luckily, I didn’t harm any of them.”

You finally realized that Kai’s talking to you. “Kai.” You said flatly to acknowledge his presence.

“Why are they staring at me like I killed someone?” Kai asked quietly.

“They’re staring at you since no one sits beside me. You just did.”

“Mwoh?” Kai tilted his head to the side and smiled. “I’m honoured then.”

~I just had to find this cute.~ You thought.

Tiffany then made her way towards Kai. She would never let someone with those looks go. She flashed him a flirty-sweet smile. “You know, Soomi here doesn’t want anyone to sit with someone so, maybe you want to sit beside me on our table, neh?”

~And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the typical Tiffany Hwang. I just hate her to bits. I don’t go on hating people but Tiffany is an exception. She killed my oppa- my one and only brother. We were in middle school and oppa was in high school. Tiffany seduced him and when she succeeded in doing so, she dumped him. Oppa was so depressed. He loves her so much that he died of depression. I’m spry to curse but seriously, Tiffany Hwang is a real .~ You clenched your fists as you remembered your dead brother. Then, you shot Tiffany a death glare and turned to Kai. Now, all eyes were on the three of you.”If you really want to be with her, go on.” You said truthfully and exhaled. You were holding your breath for quite some time now. ~I can’t do anything if he wants to hang out with her.~

“No, I won’ go.” Kai stated firmly. “If there’s one place in this world that I want to be with, it’s by Soomi’s side.” ~And I mean it.~ Kai thought. ~I just met her yesterday and I don’t want to leave her anymore. She has this effect on me.~

Tiffany went back to her table in embarrassment.

“Show’s over.” Kai glared at those people who were staring at the two of you.

---

You and Kai managed to go home safely by 4PM. You plopped down on the couch with Kai.

“You were jealous of that girl awhile ago.” Kai started teasing you with his infamous smirk. He was referring to Tiffany.

“No way.” You clenched your fist. ~I hate her.~

“Why did you seem so angry then?”

“It’s because I hate her. She killed my oppa.” You answered quietly as you looked down.

Kai gew worried. “What happened?”

“I don’t like the idea of sharing my past with a stranger who randomly came out of my closet.” You sighed.

“You can trust me.” Kai said softly and that was enough for you to tell him everything. ~Poor Soomi. She wears this mask of a happy and bubbly personality but she’s really broken inside.~ “Don’t worry, Soomi. Because, from now on, I’ll always be by your side.”

“By my side?” You whispered in a low voice.

“By your side, always.”

“I didn’t know that you will actually be this dramatic. But still… thank you, Kai.” You smiled.

Kai smiled back at you. “We’re friends, right? I don’t like being a stranger.”

“Of course.” You beamed. “From now on, the annoying Kai is my friend.”

“Yah! What was that?” Kai glared at you in a joking manner but chuckled afterwards. “Let’s watch a moive.”

“Great idea.” You agreed and got something to eat as Kai chose a movie to watch.

You two ended up watching a horror movie while munching on some chips.

“Someone’s scared.” Kai smirked.

“It has to be you then.” You snapped back as you stuck your tongue out at him.

“Don’t come to me if ghost pop out of nowhere.” Kai rolled his eyes and did mehrong back at you.

You laughed and you two continued on watching the horror movie.

Just then, your television was blocked by persons who just randomly popped out of nowhere as if Kai’s words have magic but they don’t seem ghostly at all. The bag of chips you were holding dropped and Kai fell from the couch in shock.

“What are you doing here?” Kai hissed as he glared at the gorgeous guys in front of the two of you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a long chapter for everyone. :D Sorry, I was supposed to update this yesterday but my computer's access was restricted. It says something about internet cookies and spammers. I get it everytime. >.< Anyways, how's the chapter? =) Cliffhanger, eh? ;)

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! :D

Love lots <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@shanaxyuuji: Thanks! =)

@one-day_lover217: Thanks. I'm glad you like it. :D

@kimigayo: Thanks. Updated. :)