Chapter 8

Anger Management

The next day, Daehyun returned to work. He was in a terrible mood and hadn't slept most of the night. He really didn't want anyone messing with him. Yongguk told him that he was going to have to behave himself; one more mishap and Jongup wouldn't be the only one leaving. Sighing, he just nodded his head and headed back to the locker room.

 
After working for a few hours, Daehyun's cell phone rang.
~/I hate you / I hate you so much I could die/~
He didn't answer it at first. He knew exactly who it was...but then, it rang again. He thought about it for a moment and then finally decided to answer it. He spoke as evenly as he could.
 
"Hello," he said as he struggled with his anger, the woman on the other end content with his current tone.
 
"Daehyun," she began sweetly. "I haven't heard from you in almost a month. What have you been doing?"
 
"Working," he simply replied. "Why do you ask?"
 
"Oh so you have a job now?" Daehyun's face was reddening and he was balling up his fist. He knew where this was going.
 
"Yes, Mom. I have a job. No, I don't have any money for you," he spoke as calmly as he could. As he was talking to his mother, he was unaware that Hoik was in the room with him. Hoik looked at him worriedly. Soon, Daehyun yelled at his mom and hung up the phone.
 
"Damn woman," he muttered to himself. Suddenly, he was approached by Hoik.
 
"Daehyun," he started, startling Daehyun as he had never heard Hoik speak the entire time he had been ther so far. "Are you okay?" He just looked at him, eyes pleading him to talk. Daehyun stared at him, his eyes wide for a few seconds until the initial shock wore off; then he glared at Hoik. He didn't see why he felt he had to ask him anything about his personal business.
 
"I'm fine, why don't you go back to being silent like you were before instead of butting into my life?" Daehyun walked away toward the bathroom, obviously to vent. Hoik stood there for a second before shrugging and going about his business in the kitchen. Wasn't his fault if Daehyun wanted to take his anger out on him. It's not like he did it on purpose, but he was just trying to help. He didn't let it phase him though and continued working.
 
A little while later, Zelo walked in to find Daehyun. He had been avoiding the maknae most of the day. He didn't want to take out anything on the boy, fearing he might cry if he did. Once Zelo found him, he immediately ran straight to him and hugged him. Daehyun gasped as the wind was knocked out of him from the force of Zelo's impact.
 
"Oof..Hi Zelo," he said without emotion. Zelo looked down at him.
 
"Hyung, what's wrong with you?" he asked with a pout. "Why did you fight with Jonguppie-hyung?" Daehyun rolled his eyes and tried to walk away but was held firmly in place by Zelo's arms.
 
"I don't wanna talk about it," he said, avoiding the maknae's face he knew was bound to be contorted with a frown and the beginning of tears. "Let go."
 
Zelo shook his head. He knew that something was wrong and was determined to find out what it was and how to fix it.
 
"Hyuuung~ Just tell me," he whined and Daehyun rolled his eyes again and hugged Zelo back. He really couldn't stay angry with him around.
 
"Zelo, the--"
 
"Don't tell me there's nothing wrong, Hyung. I can see it." Daehyun looked up at the pink-haired boy's face. He really hated that he was so tall for his age. He hated even more that the maknae was right; he was like an open book. He couldn't hide anything.
 
"I'm sorry..." was all Daehyun could say when Zelo shook his head.
 
"Don't tell me you're sorry. Come here," he grabbed Daehyun's hand and dragged him to the break room and pushed him into one of the chairs at the table.
 
"Zelo--"
 
"No, Hyung." Zelo tried to be as serious as possible. Daehyun wasn't sure if he was really trying or what, but to him, it just didn't work. He wondered if Zelo realized that he wasn't so much intimidating as he was adorable, but he humored him anyway.
 
"What do you want, Zelo?" he asked as he stared at his hands as he fiddled with a paper cup that had been left there not long ago.
 
"I want to talk," he smiled, which was apparently contagious. Daehyun found himself smiling as well, and he really couldn't understand why he was so comfortable around the maknae. He was supposed to be angry, but it all just seemed to disappear.
"I want you to tell me what's bothering you." Daehyun scoffed a bit.
 
"Heh. There's a lot bugging me, kid. You don't know the half of it."
 
"That's why I want you to talk to me," Zelo said with yet another smile, Daehyun wanted to slap him for making him smile with him. Instead, he managed to tell Zelo all about his mother and the issue with Jongup. He didn't know why he told him everything, but he figured if Zelo could tell him that he liked Yongguk after knowing him for just a few days, he could tell him a few things about himself.
 
Zelo nodded in understanding. Daehyun didn't think he actually understood the things he had just said, but he felt relieved to have talked about it a bit with someone uninvolved. Suddenly, Zelo changed the subject.
 
"So, apparently Yongguk-hyung didn't fire you. Speaking of Hyung, you haven't said anything to him have you?" he asked, panic taking over his once-smiling face. Daehyun couldn't help but chuckle.
 
"I don't really talk to anyone here. You're the first person I've really talked to at all...and I told you almost everything."
 
"Thank God," he sighed with relief. "So, what do you think of Hyung?" His smile returned as he questioned Daehyun about his own crush. He wanted to know if anyone else thought the same way.
 
"Um...I don't really think anything of him." Daehyun noticed that Zelo wasn't entirely happy with this response. "What?"
 
"You don't think he's nice or mean or anything?"
 
"Well...he's my boss," he said with a shrug. "I'm sorry, I mean I don't think anything. He's just my boss."
 
Zelo pouted for a second, but then smiled again.
 
"That's fine. I think he's amazing," he said and immediately fell silent as Yongguk entered the room. His eyes widened as he hoped that he hadn't heard their conversation. Yongguk knew they were talking about him though, and smiled.
 
"Don't stop talking just because I came in the room."
 
Daehyun looked up at Yongguk who just winked making Daehyun smirk. He knew. He knew and enjoyed teasing the maknae. Daehyun found them amusing.
 
A little while later, Daehyun's phone rang yet again. This time he turned it off and stuffed it back into his pocket. He had finally calmed down, thanks to Zelo, and didn't want his bad mood to return.
 
Two days passed like this, Daehyun's mother annoying him about money and Zelo talking to him about his problems and his own affection for Yongguk. During these days, Youngjae never showed up. Himchan was beginning to wonder if he scared the boy away. Finally, he decided to ask Zelo about him. Zelo smiled at his hyung and . He told him that he didn't want to see his ugly face again, to which Himchan put Zelo in a headlock. Yongguk had to pry them apart and make Zelo apologize. Himchan, having no idea where Youngjae was, began to sulk. He was so used to him being around that he missed being stared at.
 
While Zelo cleaned up around the message board, he noticed quite a few new notes that weren't in Himchan's handwriting. He loved to write messages to himself when he felt that the customers weren't writing enough. But these messages were different. They were all for Daehyun.
 
"Daehyunnie-hyung!" he called out as he ran to get him from the kitchen.
 
"Wha--?" Before he could finish his question, he was grabbed by the arm and pulled into the front of the cafe, to the bulletin board.
 
"Look! They're all for you!" Daehyun looked up at the board. There were at least ten new notes, all written to him. Himchan ran over to see.
 
"What?! Oh come on!" he pouted and folded his arms before walking away. He really couldn't stand being in last place at anything. Daehyun smirked as he read the notes.
 
"Really? They like me..why?" he asked as he plucked a note from the board. "'Daehyun Oppa~ I hope you cheer up soon! Fighting!'?" he raised an eyebrow as he turned to look up at Zelo. "Wow..."
 
Zelo had a large grin on his face and he just hugged Daehyun, who just stared at the note. People actually liked him. If only they knew the kind of stuff he's been going through and what he's done.
 
"Oh, and Hyung," Zelo said, snapping Daehyun out of his thoughts. "The competition is coming up in a few days." Daehyun frowned at the mention of the competition. He hadn't thought anything of it the past week and a half. He didn't have anything prepared.
 
"," he mumbled. "Now what?"
 
The next day, a small red-haired boy walked in the cafe. Yongguk happened to be organizing the display case since Jongup wasn't there to do it. He looked up and noticed the boy walking up to him. He stood up and greeted him.
 
"Hi, I'm Kim Yookwon," he bowed as he introduced himself. "I wanted to know if that job position was still open." Yongguk smiled. He told him that the job was still open and handed him the application.
 
"My name is Bang Yongguk and I'm the manager, so when you're done filling that out, just bring it over to me. If I'm not in here when you're done, tell him," he pointed at Himchan, "to come get me. Okay?"
 
Yookwon nodded and walked over to the nearest table to sit down and fill out the application. Once he was done, he looked around to find Yongguk sitting on a stool off to the side of the counter.
 
"Hyung," he said as he approached him. "I'm done." Yongguk looked up at him and smiled again. He stood up, taking the application.
 
"Alright," he said as he flipped through the pages. "Just wait right here and I'll be right back." He walked into his office, and returned about five minutes later. "You're hired." Yookwon smiled brightly as he shook his hand and then bowed and thanked him for the job.
"If you want, you can start today."
 
Daehyun was walking out of the kitchen when suddenly he bumped into someone. It was Yookwon, who was now on the floor rubbing his shoulder. Daehyun apologized and pulled him up off the floor and then left without another word.
 
After Yookwon changed into his uniform, he approached Yongguk for further instruction. Yongguk told him that Himchan would be his trainer. Himchan was obviously not pleased as he threw his head to the side and groaned as he did so. Before long, however, Himchan's flirtatious personality took over and he was talking non-stop to the new face of the cafe.
 
Zelo walked in and was surprised to see yet another new employee.
 
"Hyung, who's he?" he asked as he found Yongguk pulling notes off of the board.
 
"Hm? Oh, that's Yookwon. I just hired him today."
 
"Oh..." he said as he watched Himchan flirt with Yookwon. He frowned a bit as he knew that Youngjae liked Himchan.
 
Himchan didn't seem to noticed that it was almost time for Youngjae to appear, but again, he didn't show up when he normally would. Still, Himchan went about flirting with Yookwon, too busy to notice the absence of the boy.
 
Suddenly, the customers started to get excited.
 
"Omo! Who is he?"
 
"He's so cute!"
 
All of the customers were gawking at the person who had just walked in the door. Himchan looked over at the customers, expecting their gazes to be met with his. Instead, they were looking at the door. He followed their gazes and found a boy with a spikey blonde mohawk standing there. He stared for a while, trying to figure out why he looked so familiar, but he just couldn't figure it out. 'Who is he?' he asked himself. The blonde walked up to the register where Himchan was standing with Yookwon. He looked at Yookwon and then back at Himchan. He didn't like the red-head; he was too close to Himchan.
 
"Hi, Himchan-hyung," he said with a timid smile. Himchan's eyes widened as he heard his voice.
 
"Y-Youngjae?"
 
"Yep, it's me," he said as he looked back at Yookwon who felt awkward suddenly and decided to walk away.
 
"Where have you been?" Himchan seemed angry suddenly. Yongguk wanted to laugh as he watched them from his office door. This was quite funny to him.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"You disappeared for a few days. I didn't think you were coming back to...I mean..." Himchan fell silent as he felt his cheeks burn a dark shade of red. He realized that he was worried and didn't know why or how to explain himself. He was embarrassed. Youngjae just smiled.
 
"So you noticed I was missing?" Himchan nodded, still not looking at Youngjae. "It's okay, Hyung. Anyway, can I order?" Himchan stood up straight.
 
"Oh! Um...yeah. Tall mocha cappuccino, right?" Himchan mentally slapped himself. Why didn't he just let him tell him his order?
 
"You remembered my order?" Youngjae was extremely happy. He couldn't believe he remembered his order.
 
"Yeah...um...so, you changed your hair, huh?" he tried to make small talk as he entered in the order and Youngjae handed him the money. This time, Youngjae didn't let go and stared Himchan in the eyes. Himchan didn't know what to do. Youngjae smirked and pulled Himchan closer as he leaned forward.
 
"I did," he replied. "What do you think?"
 
"I..uh..." Himchan was at a loss for words. Usually he was the one to come on strongly to people. And this boy was so timid when he first talked to him. What happened?
 
"It's okay, I know you like it." Youngjae was trying desperately not to break his confidence. He was shaking so badly and he really hoped Himchan didn't notice the blush that was spreading across his face. Suddenly, he kissed Himchan lightly on the lips before letting him go. He then grabbed one of the pens on the counter and pulled Himchan's hand closer to him. He wrote his number on his arm and walked away, coffee in hand. While Youngjae was flirting with Himchan, Yongguk took it upon himself to make the cappuccino and set it on the counter in front of him. Himchan's face was burning. He stood there, still leaning over the counter with money in his hand, watching Youngjae walk out of the cafe.
 
Once outside, Youngjae let out a sigh of relief.
 
"Oh my God!" he exclaimed as he leaned against the brick wall of the building next door. "I can't believe I just did that!" He then smiled to himself and sipped at his coffee. Walking back to the bus station, he couldn't get the smile off his face and people were beginning to stare at him. Some people were avoiding him in fear that he might be psychotic, he was smiling so much.
 
Himchan finally came to and looked down at his arm. 'He kissed me and gave me his phone number.' he thought as he reached up with the hand that didn't have the money to lightly touch his mouth. Yongguk nudged his side making the younger jump.
 
"Hyung!" he widened his eyes as he realized Yongguk was smiling at him knowingly. "Stop it."
 
"Stop what Himchannie?" he teased as Himchan finally put the money into the register.
 
"Looking at me like that...stop it." Himchan walked to the bathroom leaving Yongguk to tend the register.
 
Zelo came out and noticed the smile on Yongguk's face.
 
"Gukkie-hyung?" he said, gaining Yongguk's attention at the new nickname.
 
"Gukkie?" he asked incredulously. Zelo blushed as he hadn't meant to call him that. He tried to turn to run away when Yongguk pulled him back. Zelo looked at him momenarily before looking at everything but Yongguk. "I don't mind the nickname, Zelo." He looked back at Yongguk who was now smiling again.
He stared at him for what felt like hours to Zelo before he jerked his arm away from Yongguk. He ran away to the locker room and closed the door behind him. He leant on the door as he placed his hand on his chest.
 
"Omo~" he panted. "I almost..." He placed a hand over his mouth as he realized that he wasn't alone in the room. Hoik just stared at him, knowing all too well what the maknae was about to say.
 
.............................
 
A/N:
 
yay! early update ^^ *celebrates*
was catching up on some stories i was reading and had the inspiration randomly...
couldn't stop writing lol had to force myself...it's 2888 words btw =P
 
now i have to go do the dishes...be happy for this random update =D hehe..
 
Daehyun's mother is becoming a bit of a problem now...and Jongup is still gone......competition is coming up too...haven't even thought about how to write that scene yet =O *panics* i need to figure that out...lol
HimJae xP Youngjae got the courage to do something spontaneous haha..he got tired of being a timid little pushover...but he's still the timid little thing he was before...just with blonde spikey hair ^^
 
anyway...dishes......