Chapter 3

Anger Management

Despite being fired after only a week, Daehyun still received his pay for that week, mostly because Seunghyun didn't want to deal with such a person anymore. Immediately after receiving the money, he took it straight to the landlady and begged for more time to come up with the rest. He managed to persuade her somehow and was given an extra month. Luck seemed to be on his side for once.

A few days later, he got a new job working for a cosmetics store. The didn't really want to hire him, but they were desperate. He never smiled while he worked, no matter who flirted with him. The girls practically flocked around him. He couldn't stand it. He just wanted to be left alone.

"Oppa, you're so handsome!" a customer spoke to him casually while shopping with her boyfriend. Daehyun just rolled his eyes and continued scanning the items she had placed on the counter, thinking she was talking to her boyfriend. When he looked up to tell her the total, he realized she was talking to him.

"Oppa~" she lightly touched his arm, making Daehyun slightly confused. Why would someone do that right in front of their significant other? He looked down at her hand and then back up at her face. She was smiling sweetly at him. Daehyun was in no mood to flirt, especially when her boyfriend was right there and not looking to happy about the skinship between her and this stranger behind the counter.

Daehyun grabbed her hand in an attempt to remove it from his arm and the guy, clearly fuming, immediately reacted by punching Daehyun in the face. Turning his head in the direction of the hit, Daehyun rubbed his face and smirked. He was angry. he grabbed the guy's shirt and pulled him a little closer before slamming his own fist into his face, knocking him out. His girlfriend screamed and fell to her knees to check on her unconscious boyfriend.

Just as Daehyun's adrenaline was wearing off, he looked up to find very unpleasant expressions staring at him. The managers only saw him punch the customer and he had previously gotten into arguments with people and had received a warning for his actions. They had no choice but to fire him for what he had done. He didn't even try to explain what had happened. They would never believe him. After all, it was his word against the group of people around him that seemed to only witness his "attack" as they called it.

After a week of being unemployed, he finally found another opportunity. There was a cafe just a few blocks away that was hiring. He submitted an application and a couple of days later, received the call he had been hoping for. He went in the next day to meet with the manager who had contacted him.

When he walked in the cafe, he looked around at the decorations. There were paintings and photographs of people enjoying coffee or tea here and there on the walls, along with various inspirational quote placards, and the occasional wall art that seemed to be nothing but splatters or smears of paint. He was staring at one of the pieces of wall art wondering how such a thing could be considered art when a deep voice broke his concentration.

"You must be Jung Daehyun," he spoke as Daehyun turned to face the source of the voice he had heard on the phone the day before. He held his hand out as he introduced himself.

"I'm Bang Yongguk, the manager of this...establishment." He smiled at Daehyun in a way that looked rather forced. He smiled nervously in return and shook his hand.

"Yes," he said as his fake smile faded. "I am Daehyun."

"Well, Daehyun, let me take you to the back where you will receive your uniform and so I can pair you with one of our employees for training." Yongguk led Daehyun through the swinging door that separated the front of the shop from the kitchen and into the break room. He handed him the uniform and told him to go get changed in the locker room that was just beyond the restrooms. After he left to get changed, a young boy with light brown hair walked inside. He was grabbing a bag of trash when he was suddenly stopped by Yongguk.

"We have a new employee here today. I want you to stop everything you're doing at the moment and train him. He will be shadowing you for a week. Be nice to him," he said to the boy, putting emphasis on the last sentence. He just stared at Yongguk blankly, but nodded his head nonetheless. Daehyun walked out of the small locker room wearing his new uniform and was straightening out the vest when he glanced upward.

"You!" he glared at the boy in front of him and pointed at his face. The boy's eyes widened at the realization of who he was supposed to be training.

"You guys know each other?" Yongguk asked, glancing between the two. Not wanting to get fired on the first day, Daehyun did his best to control his anger and denied ever knowing him at all, although is expression and the redness of his face said otherwise.

"But you just--" Yongguk began but was cut off by Daehyun.

"No, I thought he was someone else!" he said quickly, hoping to avoid any further questions.

"Okay..." Yongguk said before introducing the boys to each other. "Daehyun, this is Moon Jongup. He is going to be training you on the job. Jongup, this is Jung Daehyun. Again, I will say this, do NOT get into any fights over something stupid." He then walked out of the room, leaving the two boys alone.

........................

A/N:

969 words...i will write more about their encounter for the next chapter :P

cliffhangers..they so much xD but i just wrote one ._.

don't worry though..it shouldn't take me too long to write another chapter.....i'm really liking this story ^^ it's going much better than most things i've written in the past....

again, all comments are welcome ^-^

you can even suggest stuff to me, i won't mind...and i'll even credit you if i use an idea :)

now, i need to go to sleep and let my computer be...it doesn't charge at all while it's ...barely does it when it's off though -_-; i hate this thing...