Chapter 18

Anger Management

 

Jongup and Daehyun bowed almost immediately once they noticed Seunghyun’s presence in the room. Just then, Zelo bounded into the front of the café and immediately threw himself on his cousin.

“Hyung~! You’re here!” He beamed with red and puffy eyes up at the man. Seunghyun frowned once he noticed he had been crying once again. He was furious.

“Yongguk! Get your out here now!” At the sound of his voice, Yongguk jumped up from his seat in his office and ran out before bowing at ninety degrees in front of him.

“Sir?” he said with confusion, unsure as to why he was suddenly in trouble.

Seunghyun, with an arm draping over Zelo’s shoulder, glared at him.

“What did I tell you about making him cry?” he gestured toward the pink-haired boy with a nod of his head.

“B-but, I didn’t do it,” Yongguk’s voice cracked as he spoke nervously. “We had some trouble earlier…”

“What kind of trouble?” Seunghyun eyed him carefully. Just as Yongguk had opened his mouth to respond, the bells on the door chimed again. Zico and his friends walked in and Seunghyun turned slightly in order to get a look at the interruption.

Daehyun, Himchan, and Jongup just stood there as they watched the scene unfold. They wanted nothing more than to escape to the back room and hide.

Right when Seunghyun was about to approach Yongguk, Heechul jumped up and threw himself in between them.

“Seunghyun, is it really you? Choi Seunghyun?!” A broad smile beamed from his face as he examined the male in front of him. Seunghyun cocked his brow and looked down at the long-haired man as he surveyed him attentively.

“Who,” he paused as he allowed his gaze to travel down the smaller body in front of him before looking him in the eye, “…are you? Do I know you?” Heechul pouted before pulling Seunghyun into a tight hug. Seunghyun’s eyes grew wide when Heechul’s hand suddenly d his .

How do they know each other? Himchan wondered as he watched the interaction. And what kind of relationship do they have?

Daehyun was hiding behind Jongup as he didn’t want to be noticed. He still felt paranoid every time Seunghyun was around. Jongup’s hands grasped his as he tried to remove them from his biceps. Noticing Kyung standing near Zico and heading toward the counter, Jongup ran off to the back of the café, Daehyun in tow. No one realized that they had disappeared.

“Yah!” Zico said as he approached Yongguk. Yongguk glared at him before ignoring him completely. Zico continued trying to speak to him without changing how he was speaking. Yongguk didn’t like it. When he finally realized why Yongguk wasn’t paying him any mind, Zico decided to use honorifics.

“Hyung~” he pleaded. “I’m sorry I was so rude…but can I steal Jaehyo for the day?” He pouted and made the best puppy dog eyes he could at Yongguk. After a few awkward seconds of Zico’s face twitching, Yongguk decided he had had enough and didn’t want to stare at him anymore. Sighing as he rolled his eyes, he let out a huffed “Fine” before turning back to see Yookwon being dragged out with a hand over his mouth. He probably should have been surprised by this, but he never had the chance to worry before two blonde boys walked through the door, right past him, and into the kitchen. He felt like his head was going to explode, there was so much going on at once.

………

Jongup and Daehyun were behind the swinging door in the kitchen trying to catch their breaths when the door flew open and they jumped out of the way. They saw two blonde boys, one of which was Ren.

“Ren?” Jongup asked. “What are you doing…here?...” Ren simply waved to them and said “Hi” as he continued walking. Only then did they realize that they were still holding hands. They glanced at each other before looking down at their now intertwined fingers and then back up at the other’s eyes, suddenly pulling back away from the awkward grip as their faces flushed a bright pink. Just as they averted their eyes to the floor, Ren, and the other blonde Jongup didn’t recognize, walked right past them, dragging a rather surprised Baekho and confused Hoik behind them.

--

As each employee disappeared right in front of him, Yongguk became increasingly annoyed, his annoyance quickly turning into anger.

“That’s it! I can’t take this anymore!” Yongguk suddenly shouted as his fists clenched by his sides and his face turned red in anger. “Everyone, just get out!” Everyone turned to look at him in surprise. Even Seunghyun was taken aback by his sudden outburst. When no one moved, he glared at them all before screaming once more.
“NOW!”

All of the customers scrambled to get out of the café and the remaining employees – Zelo, Daehyun, Jongup and Himchan – didn’t know what to do.

“You,” he pointed at Himchan. “Go lock the door and turn the sign…we’re now closed.” Himchan asked no questions and immediately did as he was told.

Yongguk took slow, deep breaths for a few seconds to calm himself before he noticed Heechul still standing near Seunghyun.

“Why are you here?” he asked the pair as Seunghyun swatted at Heechul’s daring hands.

“Hyung, who is this scary…lady?” Zelo popped up from behind Seunghyun where he was apparently crouched down in hiding.

“Zelo!” Himchan scolded as his eyes widened and he looked apologetically at Heechul.

“Lady?...I am no lady,” Heechul frowned before he smiled up at Seunghyun. “We have some…history is all. My name is Kim Heechul.” He reached out to shake Zelo’s hand but Zelo tucked his hands behind Seunghyun’s back and stuck out his tongue at the effeminate man before him. “You little brat…” Heechul muttered under his breath, but he continued to smile and averted his gaze back to Yongguk.

“I’m here because I was hoping to recruit Himchan here,” he gestured with his head toward the man who was now standing between them and the door. Himchan was surprised and pointed at himself.

“You mean you want me to model for you?” Heechul nodded. This was quite possibly the best day ever for Himchan…until Yongguk spoke again.

“I meant why are you and your entourage still here when I told everyone to get the hell out of my café?!” he said through gritted teeth as he pointed at the four girls sitting in the corner. Heechul opened his mouth to respond and Zelo made his presence known once again by agreeing with Yongguk.

“Yeah, Lady, why are you still he— Ow!” He squealed as he was slapped by Seunghyun. He gave up on using his cousin as a shield and ran to hide behind Yongguk.

“Gukkie~” Zelo whined as he clutched onto his shirt. Yongguk was startled momentarily by the maknae before Heechul spoke once more.

“Who’s the brat who keeps hiding behind people?”

As soon as those words left his mouth, Seunghyun and Yongguk both glared at him.

“My cousin.” Seunghyun said flatly. Heechul’s eyes widened and he tried once more to respond, but was cut off before he could utter a single syllable.

“Once again, I’ll ask…why are you still here?” Yongguk stated calmly as his dark eyes pierced right through Heechul’s face.

“I don’t see wh—! Hey, I was still talking!” Heechul shouted as he was suddenly pulled away by Himchan.

“I-I’m sorry, Hyung! I’ll get him away from you now!” He said nervously as he dragged a flailing Heechul through the door; his entourage not far behind them.

“Gukkie-hyung,” Zelo timidly placed his chin on Yongguk’s shoulder to look at his face. “Are you okay?”

Yongguk sighed as he looked down at the floor before nodding.

“I will be…” He directed his gaze at Seunghyun who was looking at them in confusion. “What brings you here…Hyung?”

“I came here to bring Jongup to his house to get his things. You want to come with us?”

“Well, it’s not like I can really do anything here…I have no chef.”

Seunghyun nodded as he glanced around the room.

“So, where is Jongup anyway?”

A hand appeared from behind the counter before the boy stood up cautiously.

“I-I’m over here…”

“Why were you hiding behind the counter?” Seunghyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well…there was a time where Hyung threw a chair and a piece of it hit me…so I hid.” Seunghyun glanced at Yongguk to see his cousin still leaning his chin on his shoulder, but he was playing with the man’s hair. He was randomly blowing the strands of hair which resulted in Yongguk twitching every so often as the boy’s warm breath fanned against his ear causing him to blush. Seunghyun shook his head as he turned back toward the counter.

“Okay…well, now where’s Daehyun?” Just then, another head popped up from behind the counter, a hand slowly emerging after.

“Right here.”

“Why are you there?”

“I was just doing what he did…I wasn’t sure what would happen,” Daehyun shrugged as he stood up next to Jongup.

“Let’s go now…” Seunghyun said as he grabbed Zelo’s arm, releasing Yongguk from his tormenter.

“Where are we going?” Zelo asked as Seunghyun just tsked and continued walking.

“Hyung,” Jongup said as he approached Yongguk. “Why are you blushing?”

“I-I…I wasn’t……I’m still angry!” He stammered before yelling at the boy who jumped and hid behind Daehyun once more. Yongguk stomped toward the door and waited for everyone to exit the building so he could lock up. He couldn’t believe how hard he was blushing.

Daehyun smirked before pulling his sleeve from Jongup’s grip.

“Come on scaredy-cat. Let’s go.” He grabbed Jongup’s arm and pulled him through the door.

“Yah! I’m not scared!”

…………

After a while of riding in Seunghyun’s company van, the tension between the two boys in the middle became nearly suffocating. Zelo, who was behind them searching under the seats for ‘hidden treasure,’ decided he would crawl over their seat to search there. As he was working his lengthy torso over the seat, he heard Jongup muttering to himself.

I’m scared…” Jongup thought aloud, not realizing he had actually said it.

“What was that, Hyung?” Jongup jumped in the direction of the window as he stared at the maknae’s face that was now mere inches away.

“W-what? What was what?” He stuttered as he watched the boy continue to climb over the seat as his feet went in Daehyun’s face.

“Maknae-ya! Get your feet off of me!” Daehyun nearly growled as he shoved the boy’s legs causing him to fall in the floorboard. Zelo glared at Daehyun for a split-second before looking back at Jongup.

“You said something.”

“I-I did?” Jongup’s cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he turned to look out the window. Zelo propped himself up on Jongup’s knees, cradling his head on his arms as he innocently looked up at Jongup.

“Yes, you did.” Yongguk looked back at the compromising position the two boys were in and took notice of Jongup’s blushing face. He smacked the boy’s , his face heating up as the realization that he touched the boy’s behind slowly crept on him.

“Z-Zelo! Get your in the seat!” he shouted. “And buckle up…” he added as an afterthought.

“Ow,” Zelo whined as he rubbed his . “What is it, ‘everyone hit the maknae day’?” He pouted as he clambered into the backseat again before attempting to buckle up, Daehyun complaining as he was nearly kneed in the face. “There’s no buckle back here,” he whined a bit more as he held the seatbelt in his hand and searched the crease of the seat for the object in question.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes as he glanced at his little cousin through the rear-view mirror. “There’s no need for that now…we’re here.”

Zelo immediately released the seatbelt and launched himself over the seat again, this time hitting Daehyun in the back of the head with his shin.

“Aish! You little !” he shouted as he kicked at the boy who was wincing on the floor as he held his leg close to his chest. He began muttering angrily to himself as he threw the door open and left the van.

Jongup sat unmoving in his seat as he stared through the window at the house. Zelo tapped his leg.

“Hyung, aren’t you getting out?” he asked in a slightly pained voice. Jongup glanced at him before returning his gaze to the house. He took a deep breath before nodding and exiting the vehicle to stand with everyone else.

Daehyun began to walk toward the door when a hand gently tugged on his sleeve. He turned to find a fearful Jongup clutching onto his shirt. He was about to say something before he realized just how afraid the boy must have been and let it go.

Before Seunghyun could open the door for Jongup (because he was too scared to do it himself), Taecyeon opened the door, still in the process of pulling on a jacket and his shoes with keys in hand. He stopped when he noticed the five bodies in his way.

“What the hell do you want?” he asked impatiently as he examined their faces.


A/N (PLEASE READ IF YOU WANT TO WIN):

yes, i know, finally an update...i'm so sorry it took so long...

2283 words o.o; it’s not nearly as much as I wanted to write to make it up to you guys, but it’s finally progressing :D

And the next scene is pretty much written ^^ it just needs to be fleshed out a bit.. :P

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter (once I finally got to Zelo’s appearance I know I enjoyed it xD) and please comment and tell me what you thought about it :)

Well I guess that’s it—

WAIT!

ㄱ-ㄱ what maknae?...

WHAT ABOUT THE THING?!

What thing?

THE VIXX THING!

Oh..what about it?..most of these people probably won’t care..

oh, Hyung! how do you know? there could be some starlights here!

Ah..okay…we’re having a bit of a contest..i’m writing a fic about a VIXX pairing…

yeah, it's gonna be about— *covers mouth*

You’re not supposed to give away any details!...

oh yeah...that's part of the contest…

Guess the VIXX pairing and get a cameo in the fic :)

Hyungie, don't forget the other part! they get to pick whoever they want as their partner...

but if who you choose already has a part in the story, you'll have to pick another person, so have a backup :P
anyway, have fun guessing...just leave a comment with your guess

now i leave you with VIXX pics this time ^^

-meant4theflies

 







and if you guys hadn't noticed...maknae (who said everything in blue) is my co-author, K3KOKI :P