Chapter 12

Anger Management

finally an update! :D

..............................................

Daehyun made sure to stop by his apartment before heading to the restaurant his mother told him they would be. He took a quick shower and put on a nice pair of slacks and a white button up shirt. He was going to at least look presentable for the restaurant. He didn't care what his mother or this man would think about him. After fixing his hair, he grabbed his key again and slipped on his dress shoes as he walked out the door.

Once Daehyun arrived at the restaurant, he realized the place was a 5-star. Just what kind of person was she marrying that had this kind of money? He stared at the sign above the door for a few more seconds before taking a deep breath and walking inside. As he walked through the door and approached the receptionist, he received looks of disgust from him and the people nearby. They were apparently too wealthy to associate with those below them. The receptionist eyed Daehyun's attire carefully before scoffing and frowning.

"Do you have a reservation?" he asked Daehyun condescendingly. Daehyun just smirked at the man. He really didn't want to get into a fight with him so he held his tongue although his mind flooded with various insults he would have loved to throw at the . He grasped his pants so tightly his knuckles turned white as he forced a pained smile on his face.

"Actually, I'm here to meet my mother and her fiance. Her name is Park Sunmi. Now could you please stop treating me as if I'm some sort of pestilence and take me to her table?" he said through his teeth. The man looked down at the reservations book and dragged his index finger along the list of names. Finally, he came upon the name Park Sunmi and the number of guests. He nervously looked back up at Daehyun as he bowed.

"I- I'm sorry, sir," he apologized and gestured to his left with his hands. "Right this way." He led the way and Daehyun followed, hands now in his pockets as they approached his mother's table. Daehyun watched her facial expressions as she talked with the man in front of her. There was no way she was serious about this relationship. As Daehyun walked to the table, he got a good look at the man's face. He looks extrememly familiar to him, but he can't quite place how he knows him. All he knew was his mother's fiance was definitely not Korean.

Daehyun bowed before taking a seat at the small table. The man nodded his head as he smiled at him. As soon as Daehyun sat down and pulled his chair in, his mother decided to start the conversation.

"Daehyun, this is my fiance, Domoto Koichi. Koichi, this is my son." She was smiling as she seemed to stare at him. Koichi put his hand out as he greeted Daehyun.

"Hello, Daehyun. It's nice to meet you," he said in slightly accented and broken Korean. Daehyun reluctantly shook the man's hand, but still he did not say anything. He simply nodded. Koichi was still smiling, however, and seemed unphased by his standoffish attitude, unlike his mother. She was hiding her glare behind a very fake smile as she stared at Daehyun, expecting him to reply. When his response never came, she turned back to look at Koichi. Daehyun watched her carefully. He noticed that when she was looking at him, she was staring at his jewelry and clothing. Her expression said that she was greedy, but the man only saw the smile and heard the kind words that she would shower him with. Daehyun could see right through her; she was only after his money.

Eventually they had their food and while the couple was eating, Daehyun was leaning on his arm while prodding at the food on his plate with a fork. He wasn't sure if he ordered the wrong thing or if whatever the green substance was would suddenly eat him instead. While playing with his food, he listened to the man talk about what he was going to be doing for his mom. He had big plans apparently. Daehyun stared at him, still trying to figure out why he was so familiar. He thought about the man’s name and was practically boring holes in Koichi’s face.

Suddenly, Daehyun’s head flew forward of of his hand as he felt his mother’s hand hit the back of his head. Koichi’s eyes widened as he hadn’t expected that to happen. Daehyun turned to glare at his mother as he rubbed the now sore spot on his head.
 
“What the hell was that for?!” he shouted and she made a disgusted expression she always seemed to make around him.
 
“Why are you rudely staring at him instead of eating your food?” Her brow was furrowed as she talked, struggling to hold back her anger. She didn’t want her precious fiance’s impression of her to change. Daehyun noticed this and decided now was the best time to shatter his mother’s facade.
 
“Koichi,” he began as he turned to face the Japanese man, his mother growing more furious as he continued to speak informally. “Do you even know what you’re marrying? I wouldn’t even say she’s human. No, she’s more like a leech, a parasite! All she wants is your money and once she has that, she’ll just leave you without a word and you’ll have nothing! She did the same to my dad, ya know. Did she ever tell you tha--”
 
Sunmi slapped Daehyun hard across the face. The restaurant suddenly grew quiet as people began to stare. Daehyun now had a clear red handprint on his cheek as he glowered at his mother, tears threatening to spill from his eyes any second. Without another word, he got up, shoving the chair as it scraped loudly against the tile floor. Koichi just sat there, eyes wide, as Daehyun’s words slowly sank in.
 
His mother’s face was red with anger as she stood up and knocked over her chair and shouted a stream of curses at her son who had walked out, the restaurant’s security trying to subdue the angry woman.
 
Daehyun rushed past the receptionist and out the door. He continued walking briskly until he found himself at the Han River. He wandered over to the dock and past a fisherman who was sitting by himself. Once Daehyun reached the end of the dock he dropped down to his knees and stared at the opposite riverbank. As soon as his knees hit the dock, his eyes betrayed him once more as a tear slid down his cheek. He punched the wooden panel beneath him as he lowered his gaze to the ripples that radiated from the column below him. After a few minutes, Daehyun sat on the edge with his feet dangling just above the water’s surface. He sat like that and stared at the river, cheeks now soaked with tears. He couldn’t understand why he was crying over that horrible woman. He hadn’t cried in years, and now this. It frustrated him that she was able to upset him so much that he cried. He just wanted to disappear. Maybe then he wouldn’t feel so ridiculous.
 
“D-Daehyun?” he heard a familiar voice behind him as he jumped and began frantically wiping his tear-stained cheeks, hoping the owner of that voice hadn’t noticed. “Are...you okay?”
 
Jongup knelt down and placed his hand on Daehyun’s shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. His hand was soon swatted away as Daehyun tried his best to glare at him, hoping it would get rid of him.
 
“Nothing’s wrong with me,” he mumbled as he looked back at the water below.
“You’re lying,” Jongup pestered. He sat next to Daehyun with an audible groan. “Come on, just tell me.”
 
Daehyun felt that his eyes were about to betray him for the third time that day and shoved Jongup.
 
“Just go away! It’s none of your business anyway!” he shouted at the younger male who was pushing himself up into a sitting position. Jongup knew he didn’t want him there, but he remained regardless.
 
“I know it’s none of my business, but I’m sure you’ll feel better about it if you just--”
 
“If i just what?! Why do you even care? And if you know it’s none of your business, why the are you still here?!” he yelled, the last word coming out as more of a whimper as his emotions got the better of him and his eyes welled up with tears. Jongup noticed the tears Daehyun tried desperately to avoid spilling, but they soon poured down his face, dripping softly onto his chest and soaking into the fabric. Jongup suddenly pulled Daehyun into a tight embrace as he cried his eyes out into Jongup’s shoulder. Jongup couldn’t understand why, but he soon find himself tearing up as well. He brought the back of his hand to his eye and Daehyun began mumbling incoherently about the night’s events. Jongup didn’t know what to do. He pushed Daehyun back and looked at his face. He looked so pitiful. A tear slid over his cheek as he looked at the sobbing mess in front of him. He found himself inching closer to Daehyun’s face. He cursed inwardly at himself for what he was doing, but before he knew it, his lips met Daehyun’s. Jongup was surprised when Daehyun actually kissed back, but that didn’t last long. Suddenly, Daehyun pulled away with a scowl and punched Jongup, effectively knocking him into the water. As he sputtered and pulled himself back onto the dock, he could see Daehyun stomping off toward his apartment, the lone fisherman yelling after him for scaring the fish away.
 
..................................
 
A/N:
i am so sorry this took me as long as it did...i had so much going on the past 2 weeks with family visiting and stuff...
i have no idea what's gonna happen next seeing as i haven't even planned it yet -_-; so you'll be just as surprised as me when it gets there xD
 
as for Daehyun's mother's name, she's not anyone real in any relation to anyone...
the fiance, however, is a real person, who you would have to ask my co-author for the info on him if you wanna know (btw his pic is the one at the top of this chapter) but he has no real connection with anyone involved in the story either xD
 
this is one of my shorter chapters and i'm sorry...i feel like i've cheated you all ;-;
word count: 1676