Chapter 1

Anger Management

 

"Daehyun, you can't treat the customers that way," said the old man who ran the fast food restaurant they were currently standing in. Daehyun scoffed and cocked his head to the side.

"He accused me of tripping him and you expect me to just apologize for something I didn't do and just forget about it?" he spat at the old man. "I was busy replacing the napkins over there," he motioned toward the island of condiments and utensils at the other side of the room.

"Still, Daehyun, it's not the first time you acted out against a customer. If this happens again I'll have to fire you." The man's face clearly showed concern for the younger man in front of him while Daehyun just scowled.

"If you expect me to just sit here and take from people and not do something about it, you don't have to worry about firing me. I quit!" he yelled as he removed his apron and threw it to the floor and stormed out of the building. The man just stood there speechless while the customers in the place just stared and whispered to each other about what they just whitnessed.

Once Daehyun managed to round the corner away from the windows of the small restaurant, he stopped and leaned against the wall, placing his head in his hands.

"What the hell Jung Daehyun?!" he said aloud to himself. "Why can't you ever just deal?"

After a few minutes of standing there and staring at the ground, he finally decided to head home.
Once he reached his appartment, he noticed a piece of paper attached to his door.

"Now what?" he sighed in irritation.

The paper on his door was an eviction notice. He was given 30 days to either pay the landlady or move out.

"What the ? What's next?" he asked angrily as he snatched the paper off the door and unlocked it. Once inside, he tossed the paper and his keys on the counter and shuffled lazily to the couch.

"What am I supposed to do now?" he mumbled into the cushion after collapsing onto the couch. After laying there for a few minutes, he managed to fall asleep, the stress of the day taking it's toll on his exhausted body.