Chapter 5

Anger Management

"Just...help Baekho move those boxes for now," Jongup finally replied, avoiding eye contact with Daehyun.

"Baekho?" Daehyun asked and Jongup pointed at the boy stocking boxes onto the dolly.

"Oh, him. Okay...Jonguppie," he teased with a grin before walking over to Baekho. Jongup lunged at him, but long arms suddenly wrapped around his shoulders, holding him in place.

"Hyung, don't. You can't afford it," Zelo said as he held Jongup whose blood was boiling. "Remember what Yongguk-hyung told you."

Jongup, still glaring at Daehyun, just nodded. His adrenaline finally wore off as he walked away and began working on people's coffee.

Somehow, the rest of the day went pretty smoothly. While cleaning up after closing, Daehyun finally thought about something that had been bugging him all along.

"Hyung," he began talking to Yongguk. "Why is this place called Sweet Notes?" Yongguk smiled as he was wiping the counter and pointed at the bulletin board full of small pieces of paper.

"That message board," he explained, "and that area over there with the small stage." Daehyun walked over to the board and began reading some of the messages.

"'Himchan oppa, you're the best,'" he read alound and scoffed. "So this is a message board for the customers to leave notes for you guys?" Yongguk simply nodded.

"Honestly, I saw no reason for it...it was Himchan's idea."

"Why does that not surprise me?" Daehyun asked as Yongguk just shrugged.

"And that stage," he continued. "It's for what exactly, karaoke?" Again, Yongguk nodded.

"Exactly," he replied. "There is karaoke every Friday night and every year we employees have a competition. We perform various talents and our customers judge it." Yongguk smiled while Daehyun just nodded lightly in understanding.

"Right...so when is this competition exactly so I can avoid it?"

"Oh, you can't avoid that. We all have to participate. The company's rules. I'm just the manager." Daehyun looked at him in disbelief. He was going to have to do something for the competition. He was beginning to regret working at the cafe.

"By the way Daehyun, it's in two weeks." Yongguk said as he turned and walked away. Daehyun's eyes widened and he just stared at his boss's retreating back. "Oh ..so now I have two weeks to come up with something?" he panicked slightly and huffed as he went back to mopping the floor.

After his very eventful day working at Sweet Notes, Daehyun was more than happy to go home. He was exhausted. He had no idea that every day at the cafe would be as eventful if not more than this one. The next day, Jongup began training Daehyun wit the coffee. He had to teach him how to make each kind that they served at their cafe. Jongup was demonstrating how to pour the water when Daehyun decided to mess with him some more.

"Hey, Jonguppie," he smirked as he spoke and noticed Jongup furrow his brow in frustration without looking away from the coffee. "Jonguppie~, why did you squeal like a little girl and hide behind the counter yesterday?" Jongup ignored the question and continued pouring the coffee.

"Quit asking questions about things you don't need to know," he said as he placed an empty cup in front of Daehyun. "Do what I just did. I want to see how much you were actually paying attention to." Daehyun stared at him for a few seconds and then looked at the cup.

"Umm..." Daehyun started as he picked up the strainer with the coffee grounds in it and placed it in the cup, looking up at Jongup in search of approval. Jongup just nodded and gestured with his hand for him to continue. Daehyun proceeded with pouring the water over the grounds but poured too much. Hot water and coffee spilled onto the table.

"Yah! Watch what you're doing! You ," Jongup yelled as he quickly grabbed a towel and began wiping up the mess. "You can't over-pour...You weren't watching me at all were you?!" Daehyun glared at Jongup.

"Don't 'yah' me...You should've said so sooner!" he retorted. "Besides, why don't you use honorifics with me? I'm older than you!" They were about one foot away from one another when Zelo made his way between them.

"Jonguppie-hyung, don't be so hard on him. I'm sure he didn't mean to do it," he said as he wrapped his arms around their shoulders. "And Daehyunnie-hyung, you need to pay more attention and stop teasing him...He's going to start thinking you like him if you're not careful." He smiled at his own joke when Jongup elbowed him in the stomach.

"Oww, Hyung...That wasn't necessary," he whined as he released their shoulders and wrapped his arms around his belly. He stuck out his tongue and walked back into the kitchen where he found Yongguk supervising the cooking.

"Hyung, they're being mean to each other already...and Jongup-hyung hit me," he pouted and sat on the step-ladder by the pantry. Yongguk laughed lightly at the maknae's pitiful expression and walked over to the swinging door to check on the two angry boys only to find them standing awkwardly by each other.

Yongguk watched for a few seconds more and turned away since nothing was happening. He went back to his office to make a few phone calls. No sooner than he left, Daehyun again decided to mess with Jongup's temper.

"Jonguppie~," he teased again before receiving a jab in the face.

"Don't ing call me that!" Jongup spat as Daehyun brought his hand to his lip, noticing that he was bleeding. He couldn't believe he had punched him. His expression quickly turned from confused to angry before lunging at Jongup.

Baekho was restocking the shelves with snacks and beverages when he heard the commotion. He glanced over his shoulder  and noticed the look on Daehyun's face. He quickly made his way around the counter and ran toward the two. Noticing Daehyun was about to retaliate, he hastened to get between them.

"Stop fighting," he spoke up as he panted, out of breath from running. Baekho put his body between them and pushed them apart. Himchan watched from the register, a worried expression on his face as he almost panicked. Then Zelo walked out of the bathroom.

"What's going on Hyung?" he asked Himchan before he noticed Baekho struggling to hold the two very angry boys apart.

"Go help him," Himchan ordered and Zelo just looked at him. "Stop staring at me. What are you doing?"

"I don't see any reason why you can't do it," Zelo gritted his teeth.

"I can't get hit in the face," Himchan replied right as Jaehyo walked from the kitchen, placing two trays of muffins on the counter. Zelo quickly went into his 'aegyo mode' as he approached Jaehyo.

"Hyung~," he began with tears pooling in his eyes. "They won't stop fighting. Can you please make them stop, Mr. Pretty Face?" He winked at Himchan who simply glowered. Jaehyo nodded, and after ruffling Zelo's hair walked toward the trio of struggling boys. Zelo stuck his tongue out at Himchan and muttered "Mr. Non-Pretty Face" just loud enough for Himchan to hear. He knew he would be jealous of the attention he showed toward Jaehyo and enjoyed making Himchan angry.

Jaehyo walked up behind Jongup and grabbed him by the waist, pulling him away from the other two, Baekho holding Daehyun back.

"Jongup," Jaehyo began talking and Jongup huffed and, leaning his head on Jaehyo's chest, glared up at him. "You know you can't be doing this. We don't want you fired." Jongup's tensed face relaxed and he nodded as he tugged himself from Jaehyo's grip.

"Yes, Hyung. I get it.," he said as he stared at the floor and attempted to walk away.

"Don't go anywhere yet," Jaehyo ordered, Jongup freezing on the spot. "What did he do that you had to punch him?"

Jongup shifted uncomfortably as he turned around, biting his lip. He realized how foolish he seemed when he thought about his reason for hitting Daehyun.

"He...he called me...Jonguppie," he muttered in embarrassment. "He kept calling me that and he was teasing me..." Jongup kept his head down. Jaehyo sighed and looked over at Daehyun who was trying desperately to get out of Baekho's grasp.

"Let him go," he told Baekho who looked at him nervously. "He's not going anywhere, so just let him go." Baekho released Daehyun's arms but didn't walk away just in case he had to grab him again. Daehyun stared at him as if he were his greatest enemy before looking up at Jaehyo.

"Must you so much? There is a time and a place for that kind of behavior and that is definitely not here or now." Daehyun nodded solemnly and looked at his feet.

"Apologize to each other," Baekho spoke up, feeling that he wanted to have some say in the situation even though he was the youngest of the four. Daehyun  and Jongup looked at him the instant the words left his mouth, then back to each other. The bell on the door rang, signalling the entrance of potential customers. All four employees looked at the door, surprised to have heard the bell since they had little to no business most of the day. What they saw made Jongup's eyes widen as he tried to hide behind Jaehyo. Zico made his way over to the group and smiled at Jaehyo.

"Why haven't I heard anything from you?" he asked and Jaehyo looked confused. Himchan heard his voice and quickly hid his face behind a modeling magazine. "Didn't your friend over there," he said as he pointed in Himchan's direction, "give you my card?" Jaehyo, still confused, shook his head.

"Who are you?" he asked after a few seconds of staring quizically at Zico's face.

"My name is Woo Jiho, but I usually go by Zico. This," he pointed at the guy next to him, "is Park Kyung, my best friend." No one understood why he thought to mention his friend there, but no one paid him much attention either as the conversation continued.

"And why did you want him to give me your card?" Zico smirked as he looked Jaehyo in the eye.

"I like you. I don't know why, but I do." Jaehyo showed no sign of reaction to his blunt confession. Jongup peaked around Jaehyo and Kyung noticed him.

"You little !" Kyung yelled at the sight of Jongup's face. "You're the little that punched me a couple of weeks ago!" He tried to attack Jongup. Jaehyo pulled him closer and Zico stopped Kyung from getting too close.

"Kyung, there's no need." He looked at Daehyun and noticed his bloody, swollen lip. "You just keep making punching bags as friends, huh?" he said to Jongup before laughing. Kyung glared at his friend. Zico smiled at him. "You'll live." Then he looked at Jaehyo again who seemed unamused.

"Well, if you would like, I want you to call me sometime," he handed Jaehyo his card with a smile before sending a spiteful glance at Himchan who had peaked around his magazine.

"Oh, and Himchan...your magazine is upside down, ," he said before taking his leave and dragging a still fuming Kyung with him. Himchan frowned as his face turned a light shade of pink.

"Jaehyo gets all the attention," he muttered to himself as he tossed the magazine under the counter and buried his head in his hands.

Daehyun was just standing there in disbelief of what happened. Looking at Jongup he smiled.

"So," he began as he tried to force the smile away. "You punched his friend a couple of weeks ago, huh?" Jongup just glared at him. Finally having had enough of the two's constant bickering, Jaehyo made them each go to a separate room to do something else apart from each other while he and Baekho cleaned up the mess Daehyun had made.

"Hyung," Baekho spoke lightly and Jaehyo hummed in response. "So are you gonna call him?" Jaehyo smacked him on the head. "Ow! What?" Jaehyo then just walked back into the kitchen and told Hoik that it was almost time for their lunch break.

Baekho rubbed his head before walking back over to the shelves and continued placing the canned drinks into the cooler. Zelo came back in the room and saw Himchan's slumped figure. He crept up behind him and slapped his shoulders with both hands and yelled, "Hyung!" startling Himchan and causing him to fall off the stool and onto the floor with a thud as he hit his head on the counter.

"Oh ! Zelo! What the ," he shrieked and Zelo just laughed and ran back to the kitchen, running into Yongguk and sending him crashing into the floor as he fell on top of him.

"Oof!" Yongguk tried to yell at him, but couldn't breathe, having just had the air knocked out of him, eyes watery from the pain and momentary lack of oxygen. Zelo panicked.

"Omo! Yonggukkie-hyung, are you alright?!" Yongguk gasped for a few minutes as he tried to regain his ability to breahe before nodding, still gulping at the air.

"Only one problem," he panted and coughed a bit. "You're still on me!" Zelo jumped up immediately and helped Yongguk to his feet.

"I'm so sorry," he bowed repeatedly.

"What the hell did you do to Himchan this time?" Somehow Yongguk just knew that if Zelo is running away, it's from Himchan. Zelo smiled nervously.

"I...scared him and he fell and hit his head." Yongguk wrapped his arm around the maknae's neck and pulled his head close to his as he spoke into his ear.

"You need to stop messing with him you know," he said through gritted teeth. Zelo, crouched down a bit to keep his balance, shivered a bit, but not because of Yongguk's warning.

............................

A/N:

well...that went a bit longer than i expected...2,329 words....and i didn't even get it to the part i was hoping to reach......ah well...guess it'll have to wait until the next chapter then ^^

and wow..42 subscribers :D *happiness*

anyway, there's still a lot more to come...this was supposed to get to a few more characters, but i failed because it ended up being too long... xD

there was a lot of stuff planned for this one..would have made a very eventful chapter too :\

btw, i have tumblr :) you should follow me ^^ i don't do much on there anymore since my computer went stupid...(using my mom's atm)...but i still post or reblog every now and then...and my friend & co-author has one too :D you should follow her too K3KOKI she probably posts more often than i do/will...*shrugs*

i posted before i planned on it lol..had a feeling i would..will probably update again by Wednesday if i get enough written before then..

also, i had an idea for another fic..for those of you who've seen The King and the Clown...has anyone ever done a story with B.A.P as the cast?...i'm thinking about doing it, but i don't want to start something if someone else has already done something similar.........

anyway, just let me know in the comments and i hope you enjoyed this chapter..^^ 안녕~!