Chapter 7

Anger Management

On the fourth day of Daehyun's employment at Sweet Notes Cafe, he was finally making the orders for their customers, with the supervision of Jongup of course. As the day before, Zelo and Hoik showed up later in the afternoon due to school. Again Youngjae made a visit to the place, making Zelo wonder why he was really there. For the next few days this occurred. Every once in a while a fight or small argument would occur between Daehyun and Jongup, a few of which Yongguk noticed and interfered, but it was never anything major enough for anyone to get fired. At the end of the week, Daehyun received his first paycheck and he immediately cashed it and brought the money home to his landlady. Just a few more and he would have no problem staying in the apartment.

Monday morning, Daehyun showed up in a pretty decent mood. He walked in singing to himself. He had no real reason to be happy, but for some reason he just was. He couldn't even explain it to himself if he tried. Unfortunately for him, that feeling of content was going to be short-lived.

Himchan eyed him as he walked past him. 'Why the hell is he so happy?' he thought to himself as he watched Daehyun disappear through the door. Jaehyo and Jongup took notice of the singing Daehyun, the latter of the two staring at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked Daehyun, who didn't notice he was talking to him. He just continued walking toward the locker room. 'What the hell?'
"Yah! Don't ignore me!" he yelled as he briskly walked after him. Jaehyo just smiled to himself as Baekho walked over to him.

"What's with those two?" Baekho asked; Jaehyo shrugged.

"I don't know, but in a few seconds we're going to hear a scream or two and a thud." No sooner did Jaehyo finish his prediction did the sounds come from the break room.

"Yah! What did I tell you about that? Don't 'yah' me!" Daehyun shouted followed by the sound of something falling. The two boys in the kitchen just watched the door connecting it to the break room, expecting someone to be shoved or thrown through it.

"I'll say whatever I wanna say DAEHYUN!" Jongup taunted right as Yongguk walked out of his office to see what all the commotion was about. As soon as he realized they were fighting, he heard Daehyun threaten Jongup.

"I told you, it's HYUNG! You little ! If you insult me again I'll kill you!"

Yongguk lowered his head and placed his hand to his forehead.

"BOYS!" his voice bellowed and the other room fell silent. "Get the out of there now!" The two shuffled into the room each with red marks on their faces that were sure to become bruises before the day ended. Yongguk could tell they had been fighting.

"Jongup, you get one more warning this time. If I catch you hitting him again, I swear you will leave here that instant and I will never allow you to step foot in here again." Yongguk stared angrily at Jongup before switching his attention to Daehyun.

"And you," he said as he narrowed his eyes. "Seems you need an attitude adjustment, too...From now on, you will ALWAYS work together. And I expect teamwork with NO fighting." The boys just stood there staring at the floor for a few minutes, then glancing at each other. They stared at each other for a few seconds before nodding and both turning back to Yongguk.

"Yes, Hyung," they said in unison.

Later that afternoon, Zelo and Hoik showed up after school yet again, and, as usual, followed by Youngjae.

Himchan noticed that the boy was in there everyday, staring at him. At first he didn't mind it, but since it had been almost two weeks now, Youngjae's presence was beginning to unsettle Himchan. He couldn't stand the constant staring, but he never said a word.

Zelo immediately ran to Daehyun and threw his arms around him, almost knocking him over. Jongup just backed away to avoid being hit and he stared at Zelo and Daehyun as the maknae hugged him from behind. Daehyun struggled to get him off of his back.

"Zelo, would you get off?" he said as he peeled an arm off just to have it wrap around him again.

"Aww, but Hyung I don't wanna," he whined with a pout as he squeezed tighter. Daehyun let out a sigh.

"How can I get you to get off so I can get back to cleaning?" Zelo thought about the question for a minute, then decided to ask Daehyun for something.

"Give me a hug and I'll leave you alone," he said as he smiled and Daehyun rolled his eyes with a frustrated huff.

"You promise?"

"Yes Hyung."

Daehyun turned to face the maknae and raised an eyebrow at him. The situation was incredibly awkward for him. After rolling his eyes again, he wrapped his arms around the tall boy's waist.

"Happy now?" Zelo nodded. "Then get off," he said as he shoved Zelo away. He pouted a bit and then ran off to find Yongguk.

"Yonggukkie-Hyuuung~!" he sang as he ran through the door. Daehyun sighed in relief that the boy wasn't holding onto him any longer. He went back to wiping the counters when he was approached by Jongup once more.

"Hey," Jongup said to Daehyun who completely ignored him. He really wasn't in the mood for talking to Daehyun, but he was determined to do his job. "Daehyun, why are you ignoring me?" Daehyun turned to face him.

"Oh, you said something?" he said sarcastically with a disapproving grin. "Learn some respect and maybe I'll talk to you." He then turned and walked away toward the front of the cafe. Jongup stood there for a second.

"Yah! I'm trying to be nice here!" Jaehyo, who was still in the vicinity laughed a bit.

"Maybe you shouldn't just say 'hey' or 'yah' all the time...not to mention, he is older than you."

"I don't need your input," Jongup replied before stomping away in Daehyun's direction. Once through the door, he was about to yell at Daehyun again when he noticed an effeminite person with blonde hair walking toward the register.

"Ren, hey, how've you been?" he asked excitedly as he walked around the counter to his friend. Ren smiled.

"I've been alright," he replied as Jongup motioned toward one of the tables.

"I'm taking a small break, okay Hyung?" he said to Himchan who just waved and, as usual, stared at another of his magazines. Daehyun was busy sweeping the floor so he was able to eavesdrop on the entire conversation.

"What happened to you after I punched him? You kinda disappeared," Jongup asked with a worried expression. Ren placed a hand on Jongup's knee as he began to talk.

"I ran as fast as I could and went home. What about you? Did you get away alright?" he asked and Daehyun was intrigued. He was about to hear more about the incident with Kyung. He continued sweeping and made his way closer to their table without them noticing.

"I...I fought with him for a few minutes," Jongup began as he stared at Ren's hand that was still on his leg. "And they tried to hold me down, but I eventually got away. Then they chased me." Daehyun had stopped sweeping and was listening really carefully to the story.

"They chased you?" Ren said as he squeezed Jongup's knee. Daehyun noticed the gesture and the uncomfortable expression on Jongup's face and suddenly felt like slapping Ren's hand with the broom handle. He didn't, however, and kept listening.

"Yeah, and I almost didn't get away...but I found a motorcycle and the keys were still in the ignition...so I...I stole it to get away." Jongup was still staring at Ren's hand when suddenly he was hit in the head with a broom handle. Ren's eyes widened as he panicked and fell backwards in his chair. Daehyun was hitting Jongup repeatedly with the broom. His eyes were narrowed and he was shouting at him as Jongup fell to the floor covering his face with his arms.

"Yah! Your 'emergency' was running away from Kyung and his friends?!" he continued hitting Jongup when Yongguk walked through the swinging door.

"What's going o--" he began until he noticed the situation in front of him. "DAEHYUN! What the are you doing?!" He ran around the counter and quickly grabbed the broom from a fuming Daehyun and began hitting him with it. "Why are you hitting him?" Daehyun finally backed down and sat in a chair, still glaring at Jongup.

"He got me fired from one of my previous jobs because he stole my motorcycle AND crashed it!" Yongguk sighed and looked down at the floor before his eyes fell on Jongup. Jongup was looking up at Yongguk until their eyes met, and he immediately removed his eyes and stared at the floor in shame. Yongguk then looked back at Daehyun.

"Daehyun, go home for the rest of the day. Jongup, get yourself cleaned up." Ren had already grabbed a hold of Jongup's head as he noticed a few patches of hair matted with blood. He managed to get Jongup to his feet as he walked him out of the cafe to bring him to the hospital.

After the boys were gone, Yongguk allowed himself to collapse in a chair as he groaned.

"What am I going to do with those two?" he asked as he was staring up at the ceiling and placed his hands over his face.

"What happened, Hyung?" Zelo said as he walked into the room. Yongguk just sat up and stared at him. Hoik walked in at the same time as Zelo and, after seeing Yongguk's expression, grabbed Zelo's arm and pulled him away. Yongguk was left with only four employees and needed more assistance for moments like this, where one of more people were absent. He decided it would be a good idea to hire someone new and posted a 'Now Hiring' sign in front of the cafe.

Jongup was holding his head as Ren had his arm wrapped around his waist, supporting him as they walked to the street to get a taxi.

"Ren, I'm fine. I don't need to go to the hospital," Jongup said as he held the side of his head. Ren shook his head.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. Your head is bleeding. We need to make sure you don't have a concussion," Ren replied as a cab stopped in front of them and he opened the door, pushing Jongup in first. He was careful not to hit his already injured head on the side of the car before he climbed in to sit next to him. "To the hospital please," he told the driver. The driver noticed the small trickle of blood on Jongup's forehead and pulled off immediately.

While in the car, Ren began to feel guilty for what had happened. He stared at Jongup for a few minutes before he spoke.

"I'm sorry," he began as he choked back his emotions. "If I hadn't talked you into going to the club that night you--" Jongup cut him off.

"You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault," he said before wincing at the twinge of pain he felt as he spoke. Ren's eyes began to fill with tears and he hugged Jongup's arm.

"I'm really sorry..." he said again, allowing himself to trail off as he tried to avoid becoming a sobbing mess in the car. Jongup rolled his eyes at his friend. He worried too much.

Finally, the cab came to a stop in front of the hospital and the driver denied the cash. He was letting them go without paying for the ride. Ren thanked him repeatedly and bowed a few times before rushing Jongup through the automatic doors and into the Emergency Room.

After being seen by the doctors, Jongup's head was wrapped in bandages and Ren was still apologizing. Jongup had a slight concussion, but luckily nothing else was wrong. He had a few stitches. Ren brought him back to the cafe to let Yongguk know that he was okay. As soon as he walked through the door, Zelo, who had been sweeping the floor and worrying about where he and Daehyun were all day, noticed the bandages. He rushed over to Jongup's side and immediately began questioning.

"Omo, Hyung! Are you okay? What happened?" Zelo was on the verge of tears with worry. Jongup put his hands on Zelo's shoulders.

"Zelo, I'm fine...it's just a few stitches. Where's Yongguk-hyung?" Zelo pointed toward the office door.

"He's been in there since I got here. What's going on?" he asked as Jongup began walking toward Yongguk's office. Zelo just stood there, a tear escaping his eye as he tried hard not to cry.

Ren followed Jongup, holding onto his arm just in case he needed the support. Jongup really didn't think he needed all the attention, but he let him do it anyway.

"Hyung," he said as he knocked on the door. Yongguk opened the door almost as soon as he heard Jongup's voice.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a sad expression.

"I'm fine...I uh..had to get a few stitches and I...have a slight concussion," he said as he looked down at the floor. "Anyway, I'm just letting you know that I'm alive and I'm going to go home now to rest." Yongguk narrowed his eyes as he clearly didn't appreciate the joke Jongup tried to make.

"Just go home and rest. I hope you'll be back by next week. I'm giving you the week off so you can recover." Jongup nodded.

"I understand," he replied and bowed before walking out, still with Ren latched onto his side. Once they were gone, Zelo ran back to Yongguk.

"Hyung, what's going on?" he pouted. He didn't like not knowing the whole situation. Yongguk smiled a bit and patted his head.

"Zelo," he spoke softly. "It's alright. Daehyun and Jongup got into a fight again is all. Everyone's okay, so don't worry so much alright?" He suddenly pulled the maknae in for a hug and Zelo's eyes widened at the sudden contact.

"Hy-hyung," he exclaimed as he tried to pull away from the manager's grasp. "Wh-why are you being like this?" Yongguk laughed and held him like that a few minutes longer.

"Because you are so easily flustered," he replied, still chuckling at the now blushing Zelo. Finally, Yongguk released him and Zelo ran away to the break room.

"Hyung, why do you keep picking on him," Himchan voice suddenly asked. Yongguk jerked his head to face him.

"Because,' he began as he smiled to himself. "I know he likes me..." He then walked away leaving Himchan alone in the front of the cafe. Himchan just shrugged and went right back to looking at his usual magazine, this time with someone new on the cover.

Youngjae walked in again, a bit late this time, and approached the register. Himchan didn't notice him there.

"Ahem," Youngjae began and Himchan lowered the magazine so only his eyes were above it. He then looked at his watch and back at him again.

"You're late today, huh?" Himchan said nonchalantly. "Usually you come in here right after Zelo. But today, you're an hour and a half later than usual."

Youngjae was surprised. He didn't think that Himchan paid that much attention to him. He was always behind that magazine.

"Um...I had a meeting with my teacher so I couldn't leave right away." Youngjae was nervous. This was the most he had ever talked to Himchan.

Himchan smiled. "Well, what can I get for you? Youngjae, is it?" Youngjae nodded, eyes wide. He remembered his name. He suddenly found himself struggling to speak.

"I...uh...I would like...a tall mocha cappuccino, p-please," he finally managed to mumble. Himchan barely heard him, but he smiled and put the order in the register.

"That's 3,500 won," he said and Youngjae handed him the money. As he tried to let the money go, Himchan grabbed his hand. Youngjae's breath hitched and his expression in a state of panic. "Why is it, Youngjae, that you come here everyday?" he asked as he got closer to him. "You always watch me from behind that computer screen of yours. Why is that?" Youngjae quickly pulled away his hand and stared in disbelief at Himchan.

"C-can you just get my coffee please?" he asked and quickly walked away and sat at a table in the corner on the far end of the cafe, away from Himchan.

Himchan chuckled. He liked getting a rise out of people...especially when they were like Youngjae. He really didn't understand why he always stared at him, but he was getting used to him being around. Little did he know that Youngjae wouldn't always be the same. He prepared the coffee and brought the cup to Youngjae's corner table. Smiling, he leant down and sat the cup in front of the boy.

"Here you go," he winked before walking back to the register. Youngjae gasped and watched as Himchan walked away.

....................................

A/N:

FINALLY!! :D chapter 7 is here ^^ lol

took me forever and i'm sorry..hope you enjoy this longer-than-usual chapter...2902 words :O

there's gonna be a new employee soon ^^ and something about Youngjae is gonna change....making Himchan REALLY wanna pay attention to him xD

haha...

and ya..poor Jongup got hit in the head, more than once, by Daehyun...with a broom....lol...Daehyun gets a week without Jongup...wonder what's gonna happen with Daehyun when he's not around... ^_~

please, enjoy and let me know what you think! comments are wonderful ^^

and i'm still planning ahead for this...or trying to...so i'll try to write more on this so i can hopefully update by tomorrow...or sometime in the next couple of days......