Chapter 2

Anger Management

~I hate you / I hate you so much I could die~

The phone rang loudly as it vibrated in his pocket. Daehyun stirred as the sounds coming from his pocket seemed to become louder.

"Mmm," he frowned as he slowly opened his eyes, the light filtering through the window causing him to squint. Lazily, he shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out the device, cringing as the sound became louder once freed from the muffling fabric.

Without looking at the caller ID, he flipped the phone open and answered it thinking nothing could be worse than the song resonating from it.

"Mm...hello?" he said as he placed the phone to his ear.

"Why did it take you so long to answer the damn phone?!" he heard his mother's voice as she yelled at him. He pulled the phone away for a few seconds in an attempt to avoid the headache he knew was sure to come.

"Oh. It's you. What do you want?" he spoke, utterly annoyed by his mother's tone.

"Don't speak to me like that Daehyun! When are you going to pay back the money your father gave you?" Daehyun sighed heavily as he sat up on the couch and lowered his head to his free hand. He scoffed at his mother's question.

"You really expect me to give you anything?" he asked as he sat up straight again. "I don't have to give you a single ing won. None of that money ever belonged to you and you know it!" He gripped the cushion in his fist until his knuckles turned white.

"Dad gave me that money and told me to do what I felt like with it. I tried going to school, but it didn't work out because SOMEONE decided to sign both his and my name on a loan we had nothing to do with! It's no wonder he left you, you stupid !"

Having spoken his mind, he didn't give her time to react and flipped the phone, hanging up on her.

He sighed again, trying to calm his nerves. Daehyun got off the couch and walked to his room, gathered some clothes, and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

After setting his things down on the small shelf in the bathroom, he stared at his reflection for a moment.

"What now Daehyun?" he asked himself before turning away from the sink to turn on the shower.

After showering, Daehyun decided to look for another job. He quickly got dressed and snatched his keys from the counter as he walked out of the apartment.

He wandered the streets for a few hours before he finally decided on applying for the delivery position at the restaurant he passed a few times. Hell, it was a job, and he really needed the money.

As he approached the pizza place, Daehyun was already thinking about leaving. Working with people was not something he enjoyed doing. Despite his eagerness to just walk away, he entered the small pizzeria and was greeted by the cashier.

"Hi, welcome to Mr. Pizza. How can I help you today?" said the small boy as he approached the counter.

"Um, hi. Can I speak with the manager?" Daehyun said as he watched the boy pick up the phone to ask for the manager. He noticed his nametag said Kevin. 'Is he foreign?" he thought to himself. Daehyun also noticed Kevin's hair was a reddish color and that he seemed to be a very happy person. He didn't understand how people could smile so much and be so cheerful with strangers.

"Okay, thank you," Kevin spoke before hanging up the phone and turning back to Daehyun. "He said he'll be here in a few minutes to speak to you. So, what's your name?"

"Hm? Oh. My name is Daehyun," he answered the unexpected question.

"Nice to meet you Daehyun, I'm Kevin," he responded as he held out his name tag. "So, you're going to apply for a job I take it?"

Daehyun just stared at him. He'd only just met him and already he was prying into his life. He didn't respond to the question and only stared at Kevin. Kevin, feeling a bit awkward, gave up conversing with Daehyun and went back to taking care of the customers that had formed a small line at the counter. Daehyun just walked away and sat at one of the empty tables in the corner until he saw a man who looked to be the manager.

A tall broad-shouldered man walked from the back of the restaurant and approached Kevin. Daehyun just watched as the slender boy talked for a few seconds before gesturing towards his corner. The man followed his line of sight and walked in his direction. Daehyun couldn't help but feel nervous as he was approached by such an ominous looking man with intense eyes.

"Hello, you must be Daehyun," the man spoke once he reached the table. Daehyun stood up and shook hands with the man. "I'm Choi Seunghyun. So, what can I do for you?" he asked in a soft tone that did not live up to his deep voice.

"I noticed that you're looking for a delivery person and I happen to need a job," Daehyun simply replied. He stood almost a head shorter than the man in front of him and felt that he should keep their conversation a bit short.

Seunghyun smiled at Daehyun and tilted his head a bit. "Okay, I'll give you the job." Daehyun just stood there, blank expression on his face for a few seconds before finally smiling slightly and shaking his hand again.

"Thank you Mr. Choi," he said politely. "So when do I start?"

"Today if you're free," Seunghyun replied, still smiling at the young man in front of him.

Daehhyun started that day with learning the routes and addresses in the computers for the deliveries. He had Kevin and another guy who actually worked in the kitchen teaching him how to use the computer to collect the information he needed in order to make a delivery. He already disliked Kevin as it was for his cheerfulness and now he had this other guy, apparently named Eli, to annoy him even more. He was a bit larger than Kevin, but still smaller than Mr. Choi, but he was smiling almost as much as Kevin most of the time. That is, until he had to teach Daehyun how to print the addresses and prices of the orders. Daehyun just couldn't understand everything that was being thrown at him at once. He was one of those people where it takes a few times going through a process before he can do it on his own. Everytime he thought he had it, he would have to have Eli help him yet again, causing the other to frown and become irritated with him in the process. Kevin, noticing the atmosphere between the two becoming tense, caught Eli's attention and kissed him on the cheek. Daehyun caught site of the kiss and stared for a few seconds with wide eyes. Kevin noticed the look he received from Daehyun and wrapped his arms around Eli's waist.

"Oh yeah, Daehyun, this is my boyfriend," he said with yet another sickening smile. Daehyun just smirked lightly before looking away and going back to the process again. He hoped it wouldn't be like this every day they worked together.

Once his shift ended, he was more than happy to go home. He had just barely begun to understand the computers and had made about 10 local deliveries before the end of the day. He was glad he finally understood and that he was able to get away from the sappy relationship his coworkers seemed to have.

Once at his apartment, he again threw his keys on the counter and shuffled through the living room, this time making it to his bedroom. He collapsed on the bed and laid there for a few moments. Finally, he decided to get up and went to take another shower before going to bed. Tomorrow started his first full day as a delivery boy and he wanted to make sure he had plenty of energy if he wanted to keep up with the sappy couple and the amount of orders they received in a day.

The next morning, he awoke to the buzzing of his alarm clock in his ear. He pulled a pillow over his head and blindly sent his hand searching for the snooze button to silence the device. Instead, he managed to knock the alarm onto the floor, sound still pouring from the speaker. He groaned as he sat up and ruffled his hair, a yawn escaping his dry mouth. He got up out of the bed and statched the alarm clock from the floor, turning it off before sitting the device back on the night stand. Clumsily, he made his way to the bathroom. He got ready for his first full day of work and, grabbing his keys, left the apartment.

Back at Mr. Pizza, he walked inside and clocked in, Kevin and Eli already there and sharing constant kisses here and there. He really couldn't stand the sight of them. They were just too happy. Seunghyun walked in and handed Daehyun the key to the company's delivery vehicle; a motorcycle. Once he was able to get a few orders printed out, he collected the boxes of pizzas and headed out to the motorcycle. After placing the boxes in the container on the back of the vehicle, he proceeded to place the helmet on his head and drove off to his destination.

After about a week working at Mr. Pizza, Daehyun was doing his normal routine until one delivery he did not expect. Once he arrived to the location, he took the pizzas out of the container and brought them to the door of the apartment complex. He stopped briefly at the door to look at the address for the order. Confirming the number, he pressed the button requesting for entry into the building. Once granted, he walked in and headed to the second floor. Suddenly, he heard the bike's engine turn over. He had forgotten the key in the ignition.

"Oh !" he exclaimed as he ran out the building to chase the person who just stole the company's vehicle. "! Come back here you !" He ran as fast as he could until his lungs began to burn and he came to a stop in the middle of the street. Panting he mumbled a whole stream of curses to no one in particular. How was he going to explain this to his boss?

After catching his breath, he searched the streets for the bike. He walked for almost an hour before finally, he found it, but it was in a condition he did not want to try to explain to the manager. The person who had stolen it, was sitting on the ground wincing as he pulled at his tattered jeans where he had landed when the bike crashed.

Daehyun was fuming. He stomped over to the boy looking much like an angry bull.

"Yah! What the were you thinking?!" the boy on the ground looked up quickly, forgetting the pain in his legs as panic soon took over. He jumped up and tried to run away, but failed and fell as soon as he got barely three feet away.

"Don't try to run away you bastard!" he yelled. The boy just covered his head with his arms and looked up at the angry man above him. Daehyun noticed the scratches and bruises that covered his arms and did his best to avoid hitting him, choosing to clench his fists tightly instead. "Why did you steal my bike?!"

Suddenly, the boy became angry and glared up at his aggressor.

"I don't have to explain anything to you!" he shouted, making Daehyun want to punch him in the face right then and there. He grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him to his feet. Daehyun noticed the color of his hair was a light brown and that his eyes were narrow, even more so with the scowl he had on display. The boy winced a little at the pain in his legs, but never broke the eye contact he had with Daehyun, each of them glaring at the other.

"I need this bike for work," he spat through gritted teeth. Their faces were mere inches apart. Neither of them intended on backing down.

"I had an emergency so I borrowed it!" Daehyun cocked his head to the side. He couldn't believe this boy would take his bike.

"I don't care if you had an emergency, you little ! You shouldn't have touched it!"

"You wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain it to you!" he spat in Daehyun's face.

Daehyun raised his fist and was about to throw it in his face when suddenly his cell phone rang. He huffed before throwing the boy back to the ground where he landed with a groan, still glaring at Daehyun, and pulled the phone from his pocket.

"What?!" he rudely answered, again without looking at the caller ID. The voice on the other end causing him to go from glaring to panicked within just seconds of realization. It was the manager of Mr. Pizza, Choi Seunghyun.

After just a few minutes of being yelled at, he quickly collected the broken bike, and walked as fast as he could, pushing the bike as he went. The boy just sat there for a moment watching as Daehyun walked away before collecting himself as much as he could before standing and limping away from the scene.

Once he reached the pizza place, Daehyun was fired on the spot for wrecking the company bike, not collecting the payment of the last customer, and staying gone for over an hour. He walked out of the building soon after and punched a brick wall, immediately retracting his hand and cradling it in the other while he hissed at the pain.

"Damn that kid!" he thought aloud. "If I ever see him again, I swear I'll kill him!" He continued walking until he reached his apartment, yet again, shuffling through, only this time, he sat on the couch and threw his head back. He stared at the ceiling wondering how much more he would have to go through in his life. As he sat there, he tried to forget the day's events, but images of the kid who wrecked the motorcycle kept flooding his mind.

"Who the hell was he?" he thought to himself before deciding to just go to bed.

...............................

A/N: 

2,462 words :D i finally got a decent amount of text...and i think it's progressing better than before...i'm actually planning this out ahead of time too...so hopefully it will flow well...also, there will be no change in pov...it's going to remain as an omniscient narrative ^^

sorry if the story is slow, but i have a really hard time expressing myself in words...and i get awesome story ideas, but the moment i try to write them down, i get nothing but a beginning and a middle and maybe an end, but the transitions between them are missing so i tend to give up...

Daehyun really doesn't like cheerful people..nor does he like people who stand up to him :P

anyway, let me know what you think...any comments are welcome...^^