Chapter 4

Anger Management

After standing awkwardly in the break room in silence for a few minutes, a tall boy with pink hair walked in and stopped as he caught sight of the two staring at each other. They looked so angry with one another. To break the awkward silence, he spoke up.

"Hey, Jongup hyung!" Jongup immediately turned his gaze away from Daehyun to look at the younger boy. "Stop staring at the newbie. You can ask him out later," he teased with a smile before sticking his tongue out at Jongup. He laughed before he dodged the paper cup that was thrown at him.

"But no, seriously, hyung, Himchan hyung needs you up front," he pointed toward the swinging door before walking over to Daehyun. Jongup huffed and rolled his eyes as he headed through the door, already wishing he just didn't exist.

"What the hell does he want now?"

Now that the young boy was standing in front of Daehyun, he realized just how much taller this boy was. He looked down at him and smiled before extending his hand.

"Hi, I'm Joonhong," he began. "Most people call me Zelo though."

Daehyun just stared at him with those judging eyes of his before Zelo just shrugged.

"Okay, I see," he nodded while staring at the floor, arms folded across his chest. "You don't like people. Neither does Jonguppie hyung." Daehyun snickered at the nickname Zelo had released from his mouth. Zelo just cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Anyway, I think you'll be fine here. After all, hyung has been here for almost a year and hasn't killed anybody or gotten fired...yet." The last word muttered under his breath.

Daehyun smirked at the description. So, Jongup had a personality much like his own? He decided he would make this fun for himself and torture Jongup. He was going to pay for the hell he caused Daehyun the last time they met.

Zelo stared quizically at Daehyun for a few seconds and then decided he was bored. He shrugged and walked away from the shorter man and made his way toward the manager's office.

"Hyuuuung~!" was all Daehyun heard as Zelo walked through the door, clearly to annoy Yongguk.

Daehyun decided that if he was going to get his training and revenge that he was going to start right away. He walked through the swinging door to find Jongup, and who he presumed was Himchan, taking care of a long line of customers. While Himchan handled the customers' orders and money, Jongup was rushing back and forth preparing the coffee, tea, and various other beverages and foods. They were busy today. Jongup noticed Daehyun's presence.

"Hey," he called out to Daehyun as he waved to get his attention. "Help me with this." He pointed to the multiple pans of pastries on the counter. "I need you to place these in the boxes and then the boxes go over there," more pointing, this time at the display case in the counter. "Three to a box, no more, no less. Okay?"

Not wanting to cause any trouble just yet, Daehyun just nodded and did as he was told. He began placing the pastries in the boxes and moving the boxes to the case while Jongup went back to preparing the coffees for the three girls that waited at the other end of the counter. They were staring at Daehyun and whispering and giggling. They talked for a few minutes and finally, two of the girls shoved their friend forward, forcing her to talk to Himchan.

"Wh-who is he?" she asked timidly, pointing at Daehyun's back. Himchan's face showed confusion as he furrowed his brow. He turned and faced in the direction the girl was pointing and after tilting his head just shrugged.

"I have no idea," he began and turned back to face the girl. "I'm guessing he's new here." Right as Jongup was setting the girls' orders on the counter for them to pick up, he started to walk away when Himchan stopped him. "Hey, who's the new guy?"

Jongup looked up at Himchan when he gestured with his head toward Daehyun. Jongup followed his gaze and sighed.

"His name's Daehyun. He's a new employee and I have to train him," Jongup said unenthusiastically. "I don't understand why Yongguk-hyung chose me to train him." Almost as soon as he said that, Yongguk came out of the office and, leaning against the door frame with arms folded, cleared his throat loudly.

"Ahem..." Jongup jumped a bit and turned to face him. "I chose you for the task because I think you need a personality adjustment." Yongguk walked over to Jongup and Himchan.

"But why do I ha--" Jongup began but was interrupted by Yongguk placing a finger over his mouth.

"You will train him or else I will fire you for your past behavior," he said as he pulled his hand away from Jongup's mouth and wiping his finger that had touched his mouth on Jongup's vest. "Also, if I hear you get into any fight with Daehyun or Daehyun messes up something that you taught him to do, you will be fired." Jongup scowled at Yongguk and was about to question him further when Yongguk just walked off, not uttering another word. Daehyun just stood there with a couple of boxes of pastries and watched as Yongguk just walked away before he looked back at Jongup and smirked. Now he had even more incentive to mess with him. Jongup noticed Daehyun staring at him and glared back.

"Stop looking at me and get back to work," he spat before turning back to face the front of the store and suddenly squealed lightly and threw himself to the floor. Daehyun just cocked an eyebrow and shrugged, continuing the task he was originally given.

Himchan looked down at Jongup who signalled with his arms to look away. Looking back up towards the door to see what made him freak out, he noticed a group of guys walking in. The blonde one at the front looking around carefully scanning faces. He approached the counter and gave his order. When he was finishing his sentence he noticed the top of Jongup's head and began to lean a bit to see who it was but was quickly distracted the moment a new person walked through the swinging door from the kitchen.

The new figure in the room came through carrying a pan of more pastries for Daehyun to box. He walked over to Daehyun, who, when he turned around, was startled. He hadn't seen him before, so he wondered where he came from. He looked at the new person's nametag: Jaehyo. After reading the name, he looked up at his face. He was very handsome, much like Himchan.

"Wh-where did you just come from," he stumbled a bit before taking the pan and setting it on the counter. Jaehyo just smiled at him and simply replied with one word, "Kitchen." That one word caused the girls in the cafe to squeal in happiness once they realized Ahn Jaehyo was in the room. Daehyun was completely confused. He had just been in the kitchen not long before this encounter and didn't see anyone in there. Then he noticed the girls squealing. Right when he was about to ask Jaehyo why they did that only when he came out, he turned away and walked right back into the kitchen. Suddenly Himchan spoke up and Daehyun looked at him. He was now glaring in the direction of the swinging door and answered Daehyun's unspoken question for him.

"Stupid jerk," he started before looking to face the group of girls that had gathered by the counter to get a glimpse of Jaehyo's face. "Why do you girls only squeal and get excited when he walks out here?"

One girl who was smiling and covering her now pink face answered him.

"Oppa, it's because he rarely comes out and he's so handsome." Unsatisfied with her response, he asked another question.

"What about me? I'm handsome too, aren't I?" He pouted a bit and the girls giggled.

"Oppa, of course you're handsome too, but we see you everyday," she said as sweetly as she could, to which he just pouted more. He crossed his arms and let out a huff before going back customers lined up in front of the register. Daehyun just snickered a bit and went back to boxing the pastries. This job was sure to be entertaining.

The blonde guy that had walked in was now staring at the swinging door, mezmerized by the man he had just seen go through it. Himchan waved a hand in front of his face.

"Hey, here's your order," he said with a slight smile. The blonde just blinked and jerked his head to face Himchan.

"Who was that?" he asked as he looked back toward the door. "The guy that just walked in here. Who is he?"

"Oh him?" he started, gesturing toward the door with is thumb. "That was Jaehyo. He's our chef" The guy in fron of him just nodded and stared at the door for a few seconds longer. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a card.

"Give this to him, please," he said as he handed the card to Himchan. Hesitantly, Himchan took the card and read the name.

"So your name is Jiho?" he asked to which he nodded. "But I go by Zico. That's how most people know me anyway. Thanks." Zico then paid for the coffee and walked away back to his group of friends and they walked out of the cafe. Himchan then looked at Jongup who mouthed "Are they gone yet?" Himchan nodded.

"Good," Jongup said as he breathed a sigh of relief and picked himself up off the floor, dusting his pants off. "I was beginning to wonder if they would ever leave."

Himchan tilted his head a bit. "So, why did you suddenly hide from them?" Jongup didn't expect him to ask about it and he tried to avoid his gaze and walk away.

"Yah!" he shouted and Jongup froze where he was and turned around. "Don't avoid me, answer the question!"

Jongup looked down and said, "I...I may have punched his friend in the face last week." He shrugged and then turned to go back to the coffee maker. Himchan grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back.

"Why would you do that?" he said as he turned Jongup to face him. Zelo, hearing all the commotion from the kitchen, decided to pop his head through the door.

"Yah! Stop being mean to my Jonguppie-hyung!" he said as he pulled Jongup away from Himchan's grip and hugging him to his chest. Jongup just rolled his eyes and stood there, cradled by the maknae.

Himchan narrowed his eyes at Zelo. "That's Hyung to you, you little brat! What did I tell you about respecting your elders?" Zelo just scrunched up his face and stuck his tongue out at Himchan before dragging Jongup with him through the swinging door to the kitchen.

"Zelo, quit messing around and get to work! Go take care of the customers at the tables!" everyone heard from the office. Yongguk yelled at the pink-haired boy and Zelo, frowning, could be seen walking through the door and lazily walking toward the girls sitting at the table closest to the counter. They giggled at his movement. They thought he was cute.

Daehyun finished boxing the pastries and placed them all in the case so he walked into the kitchen. To his disbelief, there was not just Jaehyo that he missed, but two other people as well. How in the hell did he not see them? One of them was quite tall, taller than Zelo, and silent as he worked beside Jaehyo. Well, that made sense to Daehyun. They worked together perfectly because Jaehyo was a man of few words and the tall guy working with him was completely silent. Upon closer inspection, Daehyun read his name tag too. His name apparently was Hoik. His silence somehow made Daehyun uncomfortable. The other guy he noticed was busying himself with boxes of coffee beans and flour. He didn't get a good look at his name tag so he just continued looking around until he found Jongup in the break room.

"Hey, what should I do next," he asked Jongup and continued to speak. "I've finished with the pastries." Jongup just glared at him again. Daehyun showed no emotion whatsoever to the boy, just waited for a response.

................................

A/N:

so many characters lol and my word count again has finally gotten somewhere i'm a little happy with...really long first day though -_-
i think i should change something, but i can't think of a way to do that...i'm still introducing more people, but some will come later...kinda like the reason for Jongup's punching one of Zico's friends xD

anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter..although it's still a pretty slow-moving thing....my friend and i stayed on the phone for 6 hours planning out half of what is going to happen in the future for this story, so hopefully it'll get interesting...

took us a while to come up with a name for the cafe...that'll come in the next chapter for sure......so..ya..........

2099 words btw ^^

now i'm gonna get off the computer..since i'm using my mom's and all....gotta delete my history & stuff haha......