Chapter 10

Anger Management

Jaehyo watched Zico's face, looking for any signs or reasons to worry. Since he found none, he began looking around at all the buildings they passed. He saw the street signs and realized that he still wasn't sure where they were going. Zico squeezed Jaehyo's hand and he turned to look at him again. He was looking at him this time.

"Just trust me. You're gonna love this."

Jaehyo scoffed. Where could he possibly take him that he thinks he'll love when he's barely known him longer than about thirty minutes? And why was he still holding his hand? Jaehyo attempted to pull his hand away, but Zico just held on tighter, not letting him get away. After a few futile attempts, he gave up with a huff and slouched a bit in the seat. Zico chuckled to himself as he noticed Jaehyo was pouting.

Soon after, the cab pulled up next to a large building and Zico pulled Jaehyo out of the car after paying the driver. Jaehyo stared up at the red brick building, eyes squinting from the sun. Looking back at Zico, he pointed at the door.

"What is this place?" he asked. Zico smiled and grabbed his hand again.

"It's a restaurant," he replied as Jaehyo stared at their hands. Zico, following Jaehyo's gaze, loosened his grip only to intertwine his fingers with Jaehyo's. He smiled even more when Jaehyo looked up at his face and blushed when their eyes made contact. Zico then led him through the door and they were greeted by the lady at the counter.

"Do you have a reservation?" she asked and Zico nodded.

"Yes," he replied. "Woo Jiho." She skimmed through the list of names before finding his. Jaehyo was astounded. Why did he make a reservation? How did he know he would be successful in getting Jaehyo out of the cafe?

As they followed one of the waiters to their table, people began to stare at them, making Jaehyo uncomfortable. He didn't understand why they felt the need to stare. Then he remembered that Zico was holding his hand. He quickly tried to shake his hand away, but Zico held on tight. After taking a seat at the table, he finally calmed down. Maybe he would be okay for a lunch with the guy.

They began talking and before long, had ordered their food and Jaehyo found that he rather enjoyed Zico's company. Hours passed quickly as they talked even after they finished their meal. Jaehyo suddenly gasped, eyes wide.

"What time is it?!" he said as he began to panic.

"Almost 3:30," Zico answered as he glanced at his watch. Jaehyo jumped up from the table.

"! I should have been back hours ago!"

Zico pulled him back to the table.

"It's alright," he said as he held his hand again. "I made a call beforehand to your boss..." Jaehyo looked confused.

"You mean Hyung already knew you were planning this?" Zico nodded.

"And he said it would be fine. I had asked him not to tell you, that it was a surprise." Zico chuckled as he began to lightly caress Jaehyo's hand. Jaehyo felt his face grow hot as he realized people were again staring, this time because of his sudden outburst. He stared at their hands again.

"Why do you even like me?" he asked after a moment of awkward silence. "You don't even know me. Yet you randomly decided to take me here. Why?"

Zico looked perplexed. He honestly couldn't tell him why. He shrugged and smiled.

"I don't really know. Since I first saw you I just wanted the chance to talk to you in the hopes that maybe there might be some...connection, I suppose. I think you are beautiful Ahn Jaehyo. I've thought this since then and I've been waiting for you to call me, but you never did."

The two eventually left the restaurant, Jaehyo unhappy that Zico wouldn't allow him to pay for anything. They walked for a while before going to the street market. Zico bought snacks for them both and walked Jaehyo home. Not wanting to rush into things, Zico simply hugged him and told him that he should call sometime, and that he hoped they could have another date. Jaehyo of course blushed and just nodded before walking inside. After seeing Jaehyo walk inside, Zico's confidence faltered a bit.

"What if he doesn't like me?" he said to himself before catching a cab and heading to his own home.

Back at the cafe, Himchan found himself alone with Youngjae.

"We're clos-ing," he said as he stared at the boy who just walked in the door. Youngjae continued walking to the counter and snatched Himchan's magazine.

"Y-yah!" Himchan protested and tried to reach out to grab the magazine, but Youngjae pulled back and began flipping pages. He looked back at Himchan who looked devastated. No one had ever been able to distract him so easily. Not even Zelo could get him to let go of his precious magazines. Youngjae smiled at him.

"I know it's closing. I'm not here for coffee," he walked around the counter to find Himchan's little cubby full of the books and placed the one in his hands there.

"Y-you're not supposed to be--" Youngjae placed a finger over his mouth.

"I know," he said slyly. "I want you to come with me." Himchan had no idea where this boy came from. What happened to the timid little dork he first encountered?

Youngjae eventually persuaded him to go with him after he locked up the cafe. He grabbed his hand and dragged him to the bus stop.

"So, where are we going?" Himchan asked as the bus pulled up.

"A photography exhibit," he answered with a smile as he pulled an astonished Himchan into the bus.

Once they were seated, Himchan looked at Youngjae and asked him why they were going to a photography exhibit. Youngjae told him he was invited to go to the opening of the exhibit and he knew that Himchan would like it. He always saw him staring at those magazines and thought, why not bring him along?

After about thirty minutes or so on the bus, they arrived at the venue. The studio building was rather small considering the much larger office buildings that surrounded the place. They walked off the bus and Himchan stopped to look at the outside of the building. Youngjae realized he was walking by himself as he turned back to look at Himchan.

"Come on," he said, grabbing Himchan's hand and pulling him toward the door. "I want you to meet someone." Himchan followed and was rather surprised at how much larger the interior looked compared to the outside. It was very spacious. There were people scattered about the floor examining the many photographs that covered the walls in an organized pattern. Himchan found himself staring at the pictures. He noticed that the style was similar to something he had seen before in his magazines. Youngjae suddenly stopped where he was and bowed, Himchan running into him.

"Sunbae," he began, "this is Kim Himchan." Himchan bowed his head lightly at the man in front of him. Suddenly, he found his eyes widening as the realization dawned on him. This man was one of his favorite photographers; Kim Heechul. He quickly bowed at ninety degrees and Heechul chuckled.

"Himchan?" he said as he glanced at Youngjae who nodded. "So this is the guy you were telling me about then?" Youngjae blushed as he again nodded. Himchan looked at Youngjae. 'You talk about me?' he thought to himself as he stared in disbelief before looking back to Heechul.

"H-how do you know Kim Heechul?" he asked as he looked back to Youngjae again.

"He works for me," Heechul answered for him and a large grin spread across his face. "And he talks about you a lot. So I told him to bring you here. He tells me you like to read modeling magazines." Himchan didn't know what to do. He had never expected to meet a famous photographer, much less Heechul. He was happier than he could ever describe, but Youngjae couldn't tell. There was almost no reaction other than shock on Himchan's face. He also couldn't believe that Youngjae actually talked about him. That thought alone made his heart race.

"I-I do..." he stammered a bit and cleared his throat before continuing to speak. "He...talks about me?" Heechul nodded and Himchan shifted his gaze toward Youngjae who was now blushing furiously as he stared at the floor. Himchan smiled slightly until Youngjae's eyes met his.

"A-anyway, Sunbae, I'll see you later," Youngjae bowed suddenly and pulled Himchan with him. Once they were far enough away from Heechul, Youngjae began apologizing.

"I-I'm sorry about that," he said, still blushing as he avoided Himchan's eyes.

"Don't worry about it," Himchan said as he noticed the boy had been pretending to be confident. "So, what else did you tell him?" Youngjae's eyes quickly focused on Himchan's face as he asked the question. His heart was racing. He never expected him to find out that he talked about him to his boss.

"I..." Youngjae fell silent as Himchan waited for a response. Youngjae was determined to keep his new-found confidence, even if it was only temporary. He stood up straight and looked Himchan in the eyes.

"I told him that you were handsome and that you had nice lips," he said as calmly as possible, but his voice betrayed him, as his voice was a bit shaky. Despite the uneasiness of his voice, Youngjae still managed to get closer to Himchan. His heart was racing, and he was about to kiss him when he suddenly gave into his fear. He pulled himself away before he was even an inch close to Himchan's face. He looked at the floor as he apologized yet again.

"I...I'm sorry Hyung," he began as Himchan just stood there, eyes wide. "I-I'm not usually like this. I don't even know what I'm doing." Himchan smiled as Youngjae looked back up to meet his gaze.

"I knew something wasn't right about you," he smirked and Youngjae almost panicked.

"I'm sorry! I--" Himchan put his hand up, telling him to stop talking.

"It's fine," he chuckled. "You're cute." Youngjae froze as Himchan just grabbed his arm and continued walking with him.

A few minutes later, they were sitting on a bench near one of the walls of photos when they suddenly saw a flash. Youngjae turned in the direction the light came from to find Heechul.

"Hyung!" he protested and Heechul just laughed as he approached the two, camera in hand.

"What? I just thought you two looked good together," he shrugged as he looked through the pictures he had taken during the exhibit. "Look, it's a good picture. Not to mention, I think that if you wanted, Himchan, you could be a model." Himchan pointed at himself as he was dumbfounded.

"M-me? Model?" Heechul nodded.

"Most definitely. How would you like to give it a test run?" Heechul smiled brightly as Himchan began to speak.

"B-but I--"

"It's settled then. Come here next weekend and we'll get you all set up!" Heechul then handed Himchan his card and walked away after taking another picture of the two boys. Youngjae still pouting with a blush across his face. Himchan stared at the card in disbelief before looking back at Youngjae. Upon seeing the young boy's expression, he snickered, snapping Youngjae out of his thoughts of breaking Heechul's camera.

"What's so funny?" Youngjae asked and Himchan just smiled.

"You're so adorable when you're frustrated," he said as he pinched Youngjae's cheek, causing him to blush even more. Youngjae slapped his hand away from his face.

"Don't do that!" he whined.

Himchan decided he would walk Youngjae home after the exhibit. As they were walking, he talked to him about working for Heechul.

"So, how did you end up working with Kim Heechul?" Himchan asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm planning on majoring in photography when i go to college, and I'm doing this as a paid internship. I get credit and I get to work with a famous photographer," he shrugged as he answered nonchalantly. "And I get paid for just carrying stuff for him." He looked up at Himchan.

"Ah, I see," Himchan nodded. "So, did you really say all of those things about me?" Youngjae blushed and looked away.

"N-no. Well, m-maybe," he mumbled, although Himchan still heard him.

"So you think I have nice lips then?" he smirked. Himchan was enjoying teasing Youngjae. He loved the fact that the blonde liked him so much that he talked about him to his boss.

Youngjae decided to change the subject of their current conversation.

"You know, I changed my hair because I wanted you to notice me," he said, face still red and voice still uneasy. "And I'm even wearing contacts." Himchan hummed in response. They were nearing Youngjae's house when Himchan turned to face him.

"Really, now?" he smiled. "Well, I'm glad you tried to get my attention. But you didn't have to do anything." Before Youngjae could realize it, Himchan had leant in and was just inches from his face.

"I was already intrigued by you, just the way you were when you first came to the cafe," he said as he placed his hands on either side of Youngjae's face. "You didn't have to change anything." He then pulled Youngjae's face closer and placed his lips gently over Youngjae's as he kissed him. After a few minutes, Himchan pulled away and smiled as he placed his forehead on Youngjae's.

"I'll see you later," Himchan whispered before he walked away leaving Youngjae gaping at him. He hadn't expected his date to go that well.

As Himchan walked away his smile went from content to extreme joy. His life couldn't get any better than it had that night; he finally found someone he really liked and kissed him AND he got a potential job as a model for Kim Heechul. Once he got home to his apartment, he threw himself on his bed and pulled his pillow into a tight embrace and squealed into it.

The next day, Jongup returned to work. Daehyun avoided him at all cost. He didn't want to fight with him again. He only talked to him if it was necessary. Jongup felt rather uncomfortable. He was more familiar with Daehyun bickering with him all the time rather than giving him no attention at all. At the same time, however, he rather enjoyed it. It was quiet and he didn't want to hit him for anything. Then Zelo came in. He immediately ran to Jongup and threw his long arms around him.

"Hyuuuung~!" he sang as he squeezed him. "I've missed you!"

"Z-Zelo," Jongup gasped. "I can't breathe. Let go."

"Oh, I'm sorry Jonguppie-hyung!" Zelo then loosened his grip and laid his head on Jongup's. Jongup smiled as he ruffled the maknae's hair.

"Why must you be so tall?" he chuckled as he poked Zelo's pouting face.

A little while later, Zelo took notice of the tense atmosphere between his hyungs. He didn't like it one bit. He devised a little plan and a smirk played at his lips. He ran to tell Yongguk what he was about to do. Yongguk let him finish what he was saying and agreed just for the sake of getting him away from him.

Zelo saw Jongup go into the locker room and decided that now was the best chance he would have. He grabbed Daehyun's arm and began pulling him toward the locker room, telling him that he wanted to talk to him about Yongguk again. Daehyun followed him, believing that he was going to hear more about Zelo's affection for the manager. Suddenly, Zelo threw him through the door and shut it behind him. Daehyun grabbed for the doorknob, but when he tried to push the door open, it wouldn't budge. He turned around to face Jongup, who stared at him with a raised eyebrow. He turned back to face the door as he began beating it.

"Zelo!" Daehyun shouted through the door. "Let me out of here!"

"No, Hyung! You and Jonguppie-hyung have to apologize to each other first!" Daehyun then heard the sound of feet running away from the door.

"Yah! Choi Joonhong!" Daehyun shouted one last time before hitting the door one more time and turning around. He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. "Guess I'm stuck in here with you." He stared at the floor, trying to avoid Jongup's gaze. Jongup watched him carefully before sighing and sitting on the floor.

A few minutes of awkward silence later, Jongup spoke up.

"I-I'm sorry," he said, causing Daehyun to look up in his direction. "I'm sorry I stole the motorcycle. I didn't mean to wreck it. I planned on returning it. I was just trying to get away from Kyung and his friends. They had been harrassing my friend, Ren. Kyung thought he was a girl and started hitting on him only to find out he was a boy and he was going to hit him. I interfered and punched him instead. Then Ren took off and I fought with Kyung for a few minutes before running out myself. I only took it to get away." Jongup looked up at Daehyun's face. "I'm really sorry."

Daehyun scoffed. "So you were running away from some s? That's it?" Jongup nodded.

Daehyun fought with himself for a few seconds trying to decide whether or not to apologize for what he did. Finally, he decided that he would do it and get it over with so they could get out of the room. He didn't want to spend more time with him than he had to.

"I guess...I'm...sorry I hit you with a broom...repeatedly," he mumbled as he went back to staring at the floor. Jongup chuckled slightly at Daehyun's so-called apology.

"That's supposed to be an apology? What was that?"

"Hey at least I said it!" he retorted. "I just want out of this room. Forgive me if  I'm just a bit annoyed by you!"

Jongup just smirked as he was fiddling with the hem of his pants leg.

"I honestly don't care. I don't like being in a room with you either, but bickering isn't something I feel like doing. I apologized and meant what I said."

Daehyun let out a huff as he slid down the wall until he sat on the floor.

"Alright. I'm sorry I beat you with the broom. I didn't mean to. I just...have problems controlling my anger." Daehyun felt himself cringing with each word. He didn't like saying he was sorry for anything. He didn't want to say it and normally wouldn't have. Something told him that if he didn't, he wouldn't be able to make it through another day working with Jongup.

Jongup stood up and walked over to Daehyun and put his hand out. Daehyun just looked up at his face and then glanced at his hand as he shot Jongup a judicious glare before finally grasping his hand as Jongup pulled him to his feet.

"Let's get back to work," Jongup said as he tried to open the door. "Zelo~! We're done talking now! Come let us out!" They heard the sound of feet scurrying across the floor toward the door.

"I don't believe you," Zelo said as he crossed his arms, despite the fact that neither of them could see him. Both boys rolled their eyes at the maknae's disbelief.

"I said I was sorry for stealing the motorcycle and he said he was sorry about the incident with the broom, didn't you Daehyun?" Jongup said as he turned the statement toward Daehyun as a question. Daehyun glared at him for a second then replied.

"Yes," he groaned. "I apologized. Can we please come out now? We have to work ya know."

Zelo, feeling pleased with himself removed the blockade from the door and let them come out. They both wanted to hit him, but refrained from doing so for fear that he would cry and bring Seunghyun back to kill them. The rest of the day carried on as usual, and without much bickering between them. Himchan was off in his own little world and basking in the memories of his date from the night before. Yongguk was still trying his best to avoid Zelo. Jaehyo was smiling a lot more often in the kitchen as he randomly received phone calls and texts from Zico. Everyone seemed so much different and Jongup felt like he missed a lot of things while he was gone. Then he finally noticed that there was a new employee. Yookwon was waiting tables and Jongup was putting some cookies in the display case while watching him interact with the customers.

"I really missed a lot," he thought aloud.

"You certainly did," Daehyun's voice chimed in and broke his concentration. He jumped and nearly dropped the cookies to the floor.

"Yah! Must you sneak up on me like that?" he asked as he pushed Daehyun's arm. Daehyun just smiled and went back to preparing coffee for the customers.

"Yes. And why won't you call me Hyung?" Jongup avoided answering his question and quickly finished placing the cookies in the case before disappearing behind the swinging door. Himchan laughed at Daehyun.

"He still doesn't like you and I can tell you don't like him much. Why do you want him to call you Hyung?" Himchan asked as he continued laughing. Daehyun glared at him and ignored the question. Once finished making the caffeinated beverages, he placed them on the counter and called out the orders for the customers to pick them up before disappearing through the door himself.

................................

A/N:

this is probably not the best chapter...but it's definitely the longest :O

i hope this makes up for me taking so long to post it lol...it's 3,680 words xD

competition has one more day in the story...i'm going to try to write it, but if it's unsuccessful, i'm going to try to have it canceled or postponed in there somehow......gotta figure that out...

hope you enjoyed..it's 2:35am now and i'm sleepy....still haven't washed dishes yet Dx i don't wanna...think i'm gonna just leave it alone until i wake up lol......

so ya..Jongup & Daehyun have apologized to each other...yet they still can't stand each other...i want Zelo to pick on Himchan more...so look forward to that in the next one :P i just like writing him getting mad at him & him being jealous of Jaehyo....

Youngjae will appear again too ^^ after all, they had a pretty nice 'date' right?...

anyway, time for sleep now...

안녕히 주무세요~