Old Pain; New Pain

Book of Life ♡ [CLOSED]

 

You saw him walking towards nowhere. Yes, you know who he is. He walked to the nearest bus station, fighting the howl of the wind that pushes him back, banning him to the bus station. Suddenly a hard rain came and he is soaked by the rain. You can’t bear seeing him being wet in the rain so you run to him and shove an umbrella to prevent the rain soak him. Although he hurt you that much, you can’t let him does stupid things. You stand frozen under the umbrella with him as you recall what happened in the past between you and him.

*FLASHBACK*

June, 20th: You were texting with him, smiling like an idiot every time you read his message. You love how he texted me and how cutely he smiled to you. That day at 23:00 you received a message which surprised you as you read the content. You never thought that he liked you the way you liked him. It surprised you when he told you that he liked you. You smiled happily as he asked you to be his girlfriend. You gladly said ‘yes’ to him. You believed that he wouldn’t hurt you and he’s serious about you.

The next day, you went overseas for a week. You even kept texting with him, still felt happy about the day he asked you to be his girlfriend. And that horrible day came, when you came back to Seoul, exactly a week after the happiest day in your life. You were still texting with him and you told him that you met someone cute in the airport. He kept asking you whether you liked that guy or not. You liked the way you , and you thought he liked it too. After you were texting with him, he texted something horrible to you which made you shocked.

 ‘I’m sorry, ~~~~~-ah. I like another girl. I’m so sorry to hurt you this way but I think I can’t continue our relationship the way it was. Just friends, okay?’

That was the content of his message. Your happiness was gone in an instant as you re-read his message. That day was the beginning of your weird attitude when you’re around him.

*FLASHBACK END*

You are still there, holding an umbrella for him as he looked at you. You don’t say anything as you watched him shoves your umbrella away and smiled. You still adore his smile the way you adored it before. You try to stop him when he walks away but you don’t do anything in real. You scream in your heart, blaming how stupid you are, fallen in love with a jerk like him. Unconsciously you drop your umbrella, at the same time your tears drop as he walks away from you. Your tears are hidden because of the rain. You feel the rain stops but actually there is someone who holds an umbrella for you.

‘Why are you being like this? Who was that man? Do you know him?’ the man who gives you an umbrella asks while he wipes the tears from your cheeks.

‘Thanks, Hoya. He was a man from my past. Just forget it. Let’s go home.’ you hold his big and warm hand and you walk to your apartment. He’s the man who comes and tries to repair your broken heart. He has tried to stick the pieces of your broken heart and you feel that you are in love with him. You don’t notice it until you reach the front door of your apartment.

‘Rest well, ~~~~~-ah. Dry yourself before you get sick.’ he tells you sweetly and kisses your temple. And he heads back to his house. You feel lucky to be loved by a man like Hoya. You dry your hair and go to the bathroom to take a shower. You sadly smile as you remember what happened in the bus station. You miss him a lot and you want to hug him. But he just smiled and left you. Your repaired heart slowly being torn again as you remember is sweet smile to you. After you finish taking a bath, you go to your room and you change to a pair of comfortable t-shirt and shorts. You take your phone and text Hoya just to make you feel better. You are texting with him all night long and you finally fall asleep.

8:00 am

You wake up and realize that your pillow is wet because of your tears. You decided to change to your jogging clothes and start jogging. You sit down on a bench and someone gives you mineral water. You take it and when you are going to thank that person, you are surprised as you see that person. That person is Myungsoo, the guy who broke your heart last year. The guy who makes you cries in your sleep every night. Before you can say anything, he kneels in front of you and holds you hand.

‘~~~~~-ah, I’m so sorry for hurting you. I didn’t mean it. Are you still angry to me? I’m so sorry.’ He apologizes to you and you can’t say anything. Should you forgive him? Can you just forget all the days when you were suffering because of his deeds? You’ve moved on, supported by Hoya. How can he say something like that now? When you were down, where was he? You can’t stop the tears rolling down from your eyes and you run back to your apartment, not knowing what to do. Shortly after that, Hoya comes to your apartment. When you see him you run and hug him. He lets your tears ruin his shirt and he just soothes your back to stop you crying. After you feel better, you go shopping with Hoya until late night. At night, you do something unbelievable. You start to say hurtful words to Hoya. Those words just come out from your mouth unconsciously.

‘I can’t forget Myungsoo. I’m sorry Hoya. I can’t live like this. I should go back for Myungsoo. ‘

You say those words without even thinking what Hoya has done for you. And you can’t believe it when he steps toward you and hug you.

‘It’s okay, ~~~~~-ah. I know you can’t forget him. Go and find him. Find your happiness with him.’  Hoya hugs you and he lets go of you.

You run away from Hoya and find Myungsoo. You see him sits in the bus station, waiting again for a bus. You run to him and hug him from behind and apologize to him. He soothes you and he walks you home to make sure that you are safe. You still can see Hoya’s hurt face as you walk to your apartment with Myungsoo. Sometimes you have to choose something impossible in your life. You are Myungsoo’s girlfriend now but you are still in love with Hoya. And one day, you see someone covered with blood is brought to an ambulance. You can hear that person calling your name and when you come to see the person clearer, you know him well. Yes, your ex-boyfriend that was hurt just because he loves you so much that he even wanted to get hurt to see you happy. Lee Howon that you often called him Hoya. The guy who collects you tears when you were down is lying on the bed unconsciously and you cannot do anything aside from watching the ambulance goes because you feel that you are nothing but a burden for him.

 



 

Thank you for reading~~

Please leave comment and subscribe~ ^^