Break the Rule

Break the Rule

CHAPTER FIVE

THE PAST

 

Bang Yong Guk saw Ji Hye’s face. That’s the same face like hundreds years ago. Himchan was still a young vampire. A very enthusiastic vampire. And talkative, made Yong Guk a little bit annoyed. And that woman...still young too...

Why this is happen again? He said at heart.

But Ji Hye said that there was no relationship between L and her. Aigoo...I hope the past will never be repeated...

If it’s happen, Yong Guk will see the same sadness...The same sadness that made Himchan, who was a very enthusiastic vampire, turned into a different vampire....

***

Sunggyu picked the phone.

Annyeong haseyo?” he said.

And then...

Jinjja? Ah, that will be great! You came by yourself? Ah...arasso. The kids will be very happy,”

Woohyun , who red the newspaper, looked at him,

“Who’s that, hyung?”

Sunggyu looked at him with a wide smile,

“Ah, Hyo Mi will come!”

Woohyun threw his newspaper,

Jinjja? Omo, that’s a great news!”

Sungjong came, he looked bored,

“Sunggyu hyung, let’s play game. Do you have a new game?”

Woohyun hit his shoulder,

Hya, Hyo Mi will come!”

Sungjong flustered,

“Hyo Mi? Who’s that?”

Woohyun hit his forehead. Sungjong pabo...he said at heart. Sungjong suddenly remember,

“Ah, Song Hyo Mi? Our cousin?”

Woohyun hit Sungjong’s head now,

Ye, who else?”

Sungjong shouting,

“Yoohoo!” he looked very happy.  

“When she come, hyung?” Sungjong looked at Sunggyu.

“Tomorrow morning. Her plane landing at morning. We must pick her up,” Sunggyu said and smiled.

“OK!” Sungjong looked enthusiastic.

Dongwoo and Hoya came, they brought fish. Woohyun looked at them,

“Why you bring that fish? We don’t eat meat,” he said distractedly. Hoya smiled,

“We just felt bored and Dongwoo said why we don’t try to catch a fish,”

“Why you look happy, Sungjong~ah? We heard your enthusiastic voice,” Dongwoo asked while put the fish on the kitchen table. 

Hyung, Hyo Mi will come! Ah, finally I can meet her,” Sungjong looked like a person who his dreams come true. Hoya laughed,

Omo...”

***

Ji Hye played at the lake near the house. Himchan walked to her,

“What are you doing here?”

Ji Hye looked at Himchan,

Oppa...I suddenly remember something...” she said.

“About what?” Himchan asked.

“But, can you promise that you will not angry?” Ji Hye looked afraid. Himchan laughed,

Omo, of course I will not angry.”

“It’s about your...your fiancee. Um...Song Hyo...Song Hyo Mi,” Ji Hye looked afraid again when she said it. And she knew that she said the wrong thing. Himchan’s face turned pale.

“What...what did you say?” he shocked. Ji Hye looked at him panicky,

Op...oppa. Forget it. I will not say anything again,”

Too late. Himchan’s eyes looked red. He seems almost cried.

“I...I know. It’s okay, Ji Hye...”

“I’ll tell you about it. I want you to know,” he said again.

“It’s okay, oppa...You don’t need to tell me...” Ji Hye felt wrong. Himchan tried to smile.

“Don’t feel guilty. You are the dongsaeng I loved the most. I never tell my feelings to anybody, except you,” he said.

“Ji Hye, an enmity can break everything. Include someone that you really love. Enmity, from any side, made everything darker. You only see the dark between you and your enemy.” he looked at Ji Hye sadly.

“I met him unporposely. Yong Guk hyung, Daehyunnie, Youngjae, Jong Up, Zelo and I was in the forest. We looked for victim. And that girl...appeared from somewhere. I only saw her face and her eyes at a glance. I thought that she’s a human, but her skin too pale to be a human. She is a vampire. And I knew her name when Yong Guk hyung and I went to the vampire meeting. Song Hyo Mi, she’s from Infinite family. She’s their cousin. She recognized me too, and smiled to me. I swear, Ji Hye, if I still a human, my cheek will blushed. So I only smiled back at her shyly. I saw she laughed a little and made me smiled again, now widely. No one knew about it. Then, when we went home, she walked to me and gave a message. I met her the next day, at night. And that happened for two weeks before Kim Sunggyu found us,”

Ji Hye shocked,

“He found you, oppa?” she asked. Himchan nodded.

“Then he looked for Yong Guk hyung, and I never saw Young Gukhyung as angry as that time. He told me that Kim Sunggu and him made an agreement. Hyo Mi and I must not met again. But I didn’t care. I came to her house, but Nam Woohyun saw me. He blocked me from Hyo Mi and Hyo Mi ordered me to go. The next thing I knew, Hyo Mi was sent to USA. She gave me a letter and I went to airport.  They saw me, Infinite family. Our family came, and the worst thing, one of Infinite family died in our hand...”

“Wh...what? who did it?”

“Zelo...He got angry when he saw one of Infinite cousin blocked him and...he killed him...”

Ji Hye shocked,

“Zelo didn’t wrong. He just protected me from Infinite family. He was the only one who support me...”   Himchan said sadly.

Silent. Ji Hye can’t say anything. Himchan looked at her,

“Why you suddenly asked about this?” he asked.

“Um...I just want to know...Actually, I really interest about it. Ah, mianhae...”

Himchan smiled,

“Ah, that’s okay...”

“Are you still sad until now, oppa?”

Himchan nodded,

“Not anymore...I can face it,”

Suddenly Youngjae came,

Hya, hyung! Let’s go to school! Ji Hye, Daehyunnie looking for you,”

Both of Ji Hye and Himchan turned their head.

“Ah, okay...okay,” Himchan said reluctantly.

“Bye Ji Hye!” he said to Ji Hye and left her. Ji Hyefinally stood up and walked to house.

***

“That’s her!” Sungjong pointed happily.

Aigoo...Stop act like child, you make me feel embarrassed,” Sunggyu hit Sungjong’s head slowly. Sungjong laughed a little.

Woohyun rubbed his hand enthusiastically,

“Ah, I can’t wait!” he said.

At the airport, Infinite family became catch people’s attention. Most of girls looked at them,

Omo, he’s so handsome...” she pointed at L and Woohyun.

“And he’s so cute...” her friend pointed at Sungjong and Sungyeol. Sungyeol heard that and he felt so satisfied while Woohyun just smile. L and Sungjong looked at each other and shook their head.

A girl appeared and she waved her hand,

“Sunggyu oppa!”

Woohyun can’t winked. Sungyeol gawk. Sungjong looked happy and he waved his hand,

Noona!!”

That girl walked to Infinite family. She looked very beautiful with his long and wavy hair. And her smile was beautiful too. She looked at Sungjong,

“Who is it? I never meet him,”

“He is our new member, Lee Sungjong,” Sunggyu explained and Hyo Mi smiled to Sungjong,

“You are so cute,” and made Sungjong shy.

“Ah, gomawo noona...”

Every Infinite family hugged her. Then they walked to car. When they reached home Hyo Mi looked around,

Omo, still the same. Sunggyu oppa, you never changed the interior? Looked a little bit boring” and he smiled. Sunggyu smiled too. Dongwoo said,

“Sunggyu hyung never changed anything. I remember when I bought a pair of beautiful chair and Sunggyu hyung put them near the kitchen. Really don’t have a feelings of art,” and made Hyo Mi laughed.

Jinjja?” she asked and Sunggyu hit Dongwoo’s head. 

They gathered and started conversation,

“Sunggyu oppa, you must gain weight,” and made everyone laughed. Sunggyu just smiled embarrassely.

“Sungyeol~ah, you still the same. Still chasing for girls?” she asked Sungyeol.

“He still do that. His last victim was a girl named Yoo In,” Sungjong answered. Sungyeol gave him his glaze and made Sungjong frozed.

 “Hoya and Dongwoo, you two still the same too. I will recognize you from a far,” Dongwoo and Hoya smiled.

“Woohyun, L and Sungjong must be the center of attraction, am I correct? I saw the girls at the airport looked at you intensively,”

Sungjong answered,

“You’re right, noona...And Woohyun hyung ever taught me how to attracted a girl and he used his charm. I never use that method,”

“That because you attracted them by your cuteness, Sungjongi...They really like it,” Woohyun replied and made Hyo Mi laughed.

“I understand...And L, still act coldly?” he asked to L. Hoya answered,

“He still used that. That his speciality,” and L smiled.

 “By the way, Sungjongi is your fans, he is the most happy after heard that you will come,” Sunggyu said and Sungjong’s faced blushed.

Omo, hyung...” Sungjong embarrassed. Hyo Mi laughed.

“Ah, that’s okay. Perhaps i’ll become your fans too, you’re so cute...Where did you find him, oppa?” she asked.

“100 years ago. He was the younger in his family,” Sunggyu answered. Hyo Mi nodded.

Eonni, will you hunting with us?” L asked. Hyo Mi smiled.

“Of course. When the best place for hunting?” she asked.

“Usually we went to forest. Sometimes in the city, we caught victim in the empty street,” Woohyun answered.

“But the best place is the forest.” Dongwoo said.

Arasso, let’s go tonight,” Hyo Mi said and smiled. 

“OK!!” Sungjong looked happy and Hoya hit his head. Then Sungjong hit Hoya back. Then they started to fight and ran after into each other. The atmosphere was like watched cat that ran after mouse.

Hya, hya! Stop it! Stop it, kids!Aigo...” Sunggyu shouted. But Hyo Mi watched it while laughed so hard until she couldn’t stop.