Dreams and reality

Truth or Dare

 

The car squealed as Kim abruptly the road leading to our school and parked on a place that I doubt was legal. I looked at the clock on the cupboard 8:57am. We had 3 minutes to get to the lecture hall. We both run with all our might and I was happy to still be wearing my sweatpants compared to Kim who was obviously struggling to keep up with me in her skirt and high heels. We arrived just in the knick of time. 
 
We didn't bother trying to sit next to each other and both took the first available place we could find. Besides there were no double places free. Actually there were barely any places left. It's so typical university, no one shows up for lessons but as soon as there's an exam it's like your class triples in size. Most of them I've never seen. I sat down next to a petite girl with big squared glasses and her hair a bit ruffed up. She, like me, looked like she was in a hurry this morning. Seeing her got me thinking. Why wasn't in time this morning? Especially considering the fact that I've never been late a single time this year. 
 
That's when it all came back. The whole night, the kisses, the hugs, T.O.P's confession. Everything! I must have gasped out loud because everyone turned around to look at me. But I was too busy thinking about Seunghyun to bother although I could see Kim giving me a worried look. 
 
All these questions kept bugging me. Where was he this morning? Why didn't he wake me up when he knew I had an exam? How come I haven't received any messages from him? The puzzle pieces just didn't fit together. I shoke my head, there's only one realistical option left. I must have been dreaming, again... This is the 3rd time this month I wake up believing my dream was real. I let out a sigh when someone tapped on my shoulder. 
 
It was the petite girl, she mouthed something and was pointing on my desk but I couldn't understand her so she whispered in a very low whisper
 
"I thought I'd let you know the test started 3 minutes ago, good luck. Fighting!"
I looked down at my desk in shock and there lay the exam papers. I mouthed a thank you back and quickly got started on my exam.
 
 
~~~~~~
 
 
"Damn the exam was a lot harder than what I thought it would be. I had absolutely no idea what to answer on that last question" said Kim
 
"Well no wonder Kim, you spend more time clubbing and dressing up than you spend time opening a book to study" I teased
 
"If only we could major in clubbing..." Kim
 
We laughed briefly and stayed in the lecture hall to comment on other things that were on the test. Almost everyone had left and the lecture room went silent. My stomach growled, Kim put her arm around my shoulder and dragged me out of the lecture hall as she said
 
"Well-well I see miss smart is hungry. Let's go get you something to eat."
 
Right before exiting I caught a glimpse of that petite girl and waved her bye. We started walking in the corridors when up ahead us we noticed that a group of people had gathered and there was some snickering and giggling going on. Kim looked at me with her puppy eyes. I knew what she was silently asking, to go join the mass that had gathered and perhaps catch a glimpse of the celebrity. I nodded and told her I'd wait her. She started walking towards the crowd when the crowd started separating itself and you could see someone trying to make it's way through. Kim stopped in the middle of the corridor and just stared at the person. 
 
You could hear a honeyed voice saying "Excuse me, sorry, excuse me, pardon" as someone was making his way through. Finally a figure stepped out and started walking straight towards me. I dropped my mouth in shock as I realized that person was none other than Choi Seunghyun. He walked past Kim without even looking at her. Some very daring fan girl ran after him and grab his shoulder. He gently put her hand down and told her in his husky voice "If you'll excuse me I need to go fetch my girlfriend." He looked back up at me and came up to me. He took my hand and dragged me away. I could feel everyone staring at me and I looked back at Kim. She looked at me with the biggest eyes ever, was hanging open. I mouthed to her that I'd call her and that I was sorry.