Running late

Truth or Dare

 

The city was starting to wake up and you could already hear the cars stuck in traffic honking away their stress. But Seunghyun and I couldn't care less about other's people life right now as we had just decided to interlace ours. My head was resting on Seunghyun's shoulder and I was playing with his left hand. My fingertip running along his fingers and then following the lines on his palm. Meanwhile he was running his hand along my hair, almost brushing it. Sometimes he would play with a strand of hair and before I knew it my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. My eyes were starting to close, the last thing I saw was Seunghyun smile and I couldn't help but smile.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Something was poking my cheek repeatedly.
 
"knock it off Daesung..." I mumbled half asleep.
 
The poking hadn't subsided and instead of poking my cheeks he had now moved on to poking my shoulder, almost shaking my whole body with every poke. 
 
"Seriously Daesung stop it. If you make me open an eye you'll regret it, so stop it!" I half yelled as I rolled over in atempts to avoid the poking.
 
 
-THUMP!- 
 
 
I had fallen off the bed and had hit hard cold cement.
 
Wait, what? Cement? What happened to the hardwood floor in my room? Where was I?
 
Before I could open my eyes and look around someone had helped me up and put me down on a bench. I blinked several times trying to focus on the person next to me but it was too bright. It took several seconds before I could finally figure out who it was. 
 
"Come on Sam!!! you're going to be late!!! Here put this on, drink this and hurry!" insisted Kim
 
I just looked at her with big eyes, my brain was still fast asleep and nothing seemed to make sense.
 
"Gosh Sam... Do I have to do everything for you?" said Kim as she started pulling a sweater on me. 
 
She then started putting my shoes on me but I started to catch on and did the laces myself. She helped me up, gave me a quick lookover chukled to herself and dragged me out of the apartement. That damn elevator music was playing again, Kim handed me a coffee mug. I threw myself on it but quickly regretted that as I burnt my tongue on it.  Kim just laughed and mumbled something to herself.
 
Knowing her she probably commented that it was I wonder I even entered university with this brain. Truth be told I'm not stupid, I'm just not a morning person. My brain needs that bitter yet sweet black miraculous nectar to get it started. I've been a coffee addicted for as far as my morning brain can remember, which is about 6 years. As the elevators door opened I suddenly realized I had no idea where we were going. I looked at Kim and as if she knew what I was about to ask she exasperated.
 
"Just drink up you'll need it..."
 
Sometimes I wish my brain wasn't this slow in the morning I did as Kim told me and we walked up to her car. I sat on the passenger car and just as she was about to drive off it hit me.
 
"HOLY KRISUS FUDGE OF ALL NOODLES KIM!!!! WHAT TIME IS IT?!?! AM I LATE?? DID I MISS MY EXAM?? DRIVE!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!" I yelled as I finally realized that I was running late for my exam.
 
Kim jumped up at the sudden outburst I had and gave me the evil eye as she hurriedly drove off. 
 
"To answer your questions. It's 8:48am, no you're not late. Yet. You haven't missed your exam but hadn't I come and fetched you'd probably still be drooling all over the balcony floor. Also do your hair 'cause you look like a cavewoman right now, and well, I don't want all the cute guys to avoid me 'cause I'm hanging with a hobo."