Chapter 7

Love is falling...Don't Go...

Bom stood outside the practice room, away from her group members and away from prying ears with her phone pressed into her ear.
         "He looked upset. Did I do something?" Bom asked TOP who was on the other line.
         "Have you talked to him since Japan?" Bom was silent. "You haven't. Noona, he feels terrible for not being there but he won't just tell you out-straight. Talk to him."
         "SeungHyun...about that night in Japan..."
         "Noona, you were upset. I understand. I don't need an explanation. Just talk to Ji."
         "I'll try. SeungHyun, thank you for being there for me."
         "Anytime, noona."

Bom sat on side of Dara as they got their makeup done for the performance that day. All that was on her mind was Jiyong and how he was yesterday. Why had he run from the studio? Was he ignoring her? Would he really want to talk to her? She wanted to talk to him and explain everything.
         "Bomtori, is something wrong?" Dara asked looking over at her in the mirror. Bom blinked back to reality and smiled.
         "No! Just a little distracted."
         "I can see it on your face," Bom looked at herself and she too could see it. She was looked to be on the brink of tears. She had cried too much lately.
         "2NE1, you're up next!" A staff member said coming into the room. The girls and team members gathered.
         "Let's do our best out there and sing from our hearts. Okay? 2NE1~"
         "Nolja!" 2NE1 moved from the waiting room out onto the stage.
The girls voices carried beautifully as they sat on the thatch roof set built specifically for them and their performance. As Bom sung, she could feel the tears come and she didn't know why. was tightening. Bom looked up at the camera and sung past the tears.
         "Oh, kkeuchin geoni ni mamsokae/ Eejae nan deo eesang eopneun geoni/ Nan neol neol saenggak-hamyeon."
   Bom felt the tears but she fought them back as the applause entered the air. She moved from her position off of the set and backstage with the girls.
         "Good job, everyone!" Bom ignored them as she sat down at the vanity and looked at herself. The tears were not in her eyes but in her heart and just like the song she had just sung, it hurt.

The girls sat in the van riding back to their dorm when a phone rang. Bom pulled out her phone to see TOP's name flash on the screen.
         "Hello?"
         "Can you put me on speaker?" Bom put the phone between them all and the speakerphone.
         "Hello?"
         "Hello? Can you hear me?"
         "TOP oppa! Hello!" Chaerin called.
         "Yeah, hello! I saw your performance today. Very good. Very emotional."
         "Thank you!" The girls said together.
         "Well, get some rest and good job tonight!"
         "Thank you. Bye!" Bom ended the call as the girls pulled up to the dorm. The girls got out and walked inside lethargicly. Bom stopped as her phone began to ring.
         "Wait a second!" Bom looked at the screen to see TOP's name on the screen again.
         "Hello?"
         "Noona, also about today's performance. I have one small piece of advice."
         "What?"
         "Call Jiyong. You can see it on your face and hear it in your voice. Talk to him."