Chapter 5

Love is falling...Don't Go...

 

“Unni! Taste this!” Minji held up a piece of sashimi to Bom who took the piece and ate it.

“Mmm! Delicious!” The 2NE1 girls were all out for supper after landing in Japan a few hours before for the music festival the day after next. The day before was their fist performance of their 4th single which was a success.

The girls talked and joked with the cameras of 2NE1tv filming them. Bom went back to her noodles but stopped as she jumped from her phone vibrating. Looking at her phone, Bom saw she had a new message from Jiyong.

Noona, have you all settled into you hostel? Are you busy?⌉ Bom smiled as she replied the message. A minute passed before she got another message.

Great! I want to show you a surprise tonight. Can you meet me in the lobby of the hostel at 10?⌉ Bom looked at her phone. Where was he taking her and what was the surprise?
      “Unni, who was that?” Minji asked trying to look at the phone.
      “Your boyfriend?” Chaerin said with a smirk.
      “No! Chaerin-ah, you’re a bad person!” Bom slapped Chaerin’s shoulder as they all laughed.
The girls continued on their day touring Tokyo and shopping and having fun. Bom was somewhat distracted through the whole day, thinking of Jiyong’s message and his surprise. He seemed sincere and excited from his message which made her also excited.

          Night fell as the girls made their way back to their hostel. Bom was living with Minji as Dara and Chaerin were going crazy in their own apartment. Bom moved through the rooms as she searched for the manager and Minji. No one was around, probably in Chaera’s room. Bom quickly got dressed and ready. Bom wore her comfortable clothes which consisted of jeans, a t-shirt, a cap, and her favorite hoodie she had since high school. It would be a good disguise for when she went out and not cause any trouble for her or Jiyong.

          Bom popped her head out of the apartment into the quiet empty hallway. She slid out and made her way to the lobby. No one was in the lobby as Bom sat waiting. Those who walked through were too busy with their phones or company to notice the disguised Korean idol sitting in the lobby by herself without supervision. If anyone from YG or if Papa YG himself knew that she was sneaking out and off on her own, Bom was in deep trouble.

The time flew as she sat in the lobby, staring at her phone and looking at the architect of the building. She was bored. Bom's eyes were slowly falling until she heard laughter enter into the lobby along with a large group. Bom lowered her head as the group passed, hoping no one noticed her.

"Bom noona?" Bom cursed under her breath as she looked up to see Daesung standing in the lobby looking at her.

"Daesung-ah! What are you doing here?"

"I was out with TOP-hyung and manger-hyung," Daesung pointed to the entrance as TOP strolled into the lobby and looked at the two of them. TOP's head tilted to the side as he squinted at Bom.

"Noona?" Bom stood as he approached her. Without her heels, TOP was a lot taller than she was and it was evident as she had to look up to him.

"Noona, what are you doing down her?"

"Well...I was..."

"Come on, I'll take you back to your room. You need your rest for tomorrow," TOP held out his hand as he stared at his noona.

"Actually, I'm waitng on Jiyong. He wanted to..."

"How long were you going to wait?" Daesung broke in. Bom looked at her younger dongsaeng, his smiling eyes never disappearing but concern on his face. "Jiyong hyung is out with Youngbae hyung and a stylish friend. We just left them."

TOP saw as Bom's eyes grew wide and her body started to waver. He started to reach out to her but stopped as she took in a deep breath and began to laugh.

"Daesung-ah, go on up and tell hyung that I will be in later. I have to do something for noona."

"Okay, hyung. Night, noona!" Bom watched as Daesung disappeared from their view. Bom grabbed her phone from the chair and was making her way in the same direction when she was then pulled away. Looking back, she saw that TOP had a hold on her arm and was pulling her out into the night. Hailing a taxi, TOP opened the door.

"Get in," Bom opened to speak but was pushed into the taxi by TOP.

"Tokyo Tower, please," TOP said in mumbling Japanese that the taxi driver understood and began driving.


Jiyong jogged into the hostel to an empty lobby. Looking around, his face dropped once he did not find Bom waiting. Pulling out his phone, he saw that it as midnight and cursed under his breath.

"Hyung, something wrong?" Jiyong looked up to see SeungRi and Youngbae looked at him strangely.

"Nah, just thought someone would be here."

"Nope. I think everyone is asleep right now," Youngbae said as he patted Jiyong on the back.

"Let's go, hyung. We have to get up early tomorrow," SeungRi said leading the way toward the elevator.

"Wait a minute," Jiyong started to dial and held the phone to his ear as the dial tone began.


Bom looked down at her phone but it was taken away before she could see who it was. TOP quickly removed the battery and stuffed the phone into his pocket. Though it was dark in the taxi, Bom could vaguely see the smirk on his face.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do you want us to get caught?" Bom worried that it would get them in more trouble if she didn't answer her phone. "We're here."

Bom looked out the window up to the extravagant red and white tower that was the symbol of the city. Getting out of the taxi, Bom stood speechless as she looked straight up at Tokyo Tower. It was breathtaking seeing the tower at night, lit up for the whole city. TOP moved on side of her and watched her expression. She looked like a kid seeing the Christmas tree on Christmas with presents surrounding it. TOP could do nothing but laugh before taking her hand and leading her inside.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see," TOP continued to lead her onto the elevator. They moved up to the main observation deck, where Bom had been earlier with 2NE1, but they surpassed it to board another elevator taking them else where.

As the doors opened, Bom gasped. The dark room was lit like a spaceship with lights on the floor and a panoramic view of Tokyo city around them.

"Oh, my..."

"I found out about this sometime ago and have always wanted to come here at night."

"You really are an alien," Bom said turned to TOP. His deep chuckle entered the air.

"Well, you can call this my personal spaceship," The two laughed. Bom made her way around the deck, looking out at the view but soon noticing no one else was around.

Bom stopped and looked out over the city and sighed. TOP moved silently to her side and watched her.

"I don't think Ji meant to forget."

"He said that he wanted to show me something and that it would be a great surprise but I guess it wasn't that great."

"Noona, Ji's mind is just too busy but he would never forget about you," Bom turned to TOP.

"I wish I could actually believe that. Nowadays, it just seems like...if I do want to get close with him, he's busy or just gone," TOP sighed as he looked at the sad expression on her face. It pained him to see his noona this way and to think it was one of his closest friends making her this way.

"Noona..." Bom quickly wrapped her arms around TOP's waist and held him tight.

"Can you stay with me, SeungHyun?" TOP froze. Bom stopped calling him by his real name two years ago. His heart started to pound as she looked up at him. Her doe eyes glistened with tears. TOP sighed deeply as he continued to look at her.

"If you need me, noona. For however long you need me," Tears rolled down Bom's cheeks as she blinked. Slowly, she lifted onto her toes moved closer to TOP. Their eyes closed as their lips grazed before they were fully pressed. TOP could do nothing but stand there in the city, embraced with the girl that his friend was in love with and she in return in love with the best friend. He would do anything for them but now, he didn't know what would happen.