Tea House Adventure Part 3

Roommates (dropped)

The dumplings, ramen, rice cakes and Oolong tea soon arrived, and the three of you marveled and drooled at the delicious cuisine prepared for you. It was a feast fit for three hungry kings.

Lu Han watched as the three of you dig in, chuckling to himself. You, Se Hun and Tao were such pigs, and Lu Han realized that all of this was just a harmless, innocent little thing that Noonas do for their dongsaengs. There was nothing to worry about, to be envious of.

That is, until you ruffled your dongsaengs' heads and beamed at them, "Are you having fun at our date, little bros?" They nodded enthusiastically at you, their mouths still full.

Lu Han put his menu down and stood up to confront you. You being affectionate and all touchy did not appeal to him. But his sudden rise startled the waitress about to serve a bowl of steaming hot ramen to some robust Yankee sitting behind Lu Han. Said waitress, in an attempt to avoid Lu Han's shoulder that was about to bump onto her serving tray, swayed to the side. But as luck would have it, the waitress lost her balance and ended up spilling all the ramen onto the Yankee.

The man was big and muscular. He had a scar that rendered his right eye useless, and a bunch of dragon tattoos that stretched throughout the entire length of his arms. He looked gangster, all right.

"Hey, what the hell?!" he shouted.

Sounded like a gangster, too--accent and all.

The man jolted up and fanned himself, trying to ease the burning pain caused by the ramen. He grabbed all the tissue paper that he could find and, in vain, wiped himself dry. By the time he finished all the tissue in the dispenser, his skin was already red and with second-degree burns. He turned to the waitress.

"You ! You call yourself a waitress?!" Enraged, the man grabbed her wrist. The poor girl struggled to wriggle away from his grip, but the man was too strong.

Lu Han gripped the man's upper arm. "Let go of her," he commanded. "It's my fault that the ramen spilled." He squeezed the man's chunky arm, piercing it with his nails, and the man instantly let go of the girl.

Lu Han was pretty, Lu Han was an angel, but when it came to things like these, Lu Han was a man with principles. He could fight, too.

"The ?!" The man pulled away from Lu Han, and rubbed his arm; Lu Han's fingernails had left marks. However, the man composed himself and glared at Lu Han. "So it was you, huh? Let me see that face of yours so I can pummel it the ground." And in one swift motion, the Yankee removed the Finn-beanie on Lu Han's head, and threw it to the floor. The man also took away Lu Han's sunglasses and pulled his face mask down. At seeing his beautiful opponent, the man guffawed.

"You think you have a chance against me, boy? I'm going to take my time and enjoy ruining that pretty face of yours!" The man's fist aimed for Lu Han's cheek, but thanks to his lean build, Lu Han nimbly dodged the punch. Despite the tiny space, he was able to duck, holding the chair for support.

Before Lu Han could stand up and hit the guy, however, a spoon zoomed across the room and struck the man's face. It hit him like a bullet.

"Great throw, Se Hun!" you cheered. Lu Han, still crouched, shifted his gaze to see the three of you ready to fight the guy. You stretched your arms, and rotated your shoulders; Tao held the chopsticks as if they were twin-swords and he narrowed his eyes at the man--uh-oh, Tao just activated his Wushu-mode; and Se Hun cracked his knuckles, prepared to grab another soup spoon near him.

"You got lackies, huh?!" the man bellowed, recovering from the pain he just received thanks to Se Hun's spoon. He did not even give Lu Han time to reply, and quickly kneed him in the stomach. The impact sent your roommate falling to the ground, bending over in all fours as he clutched his abdomen, coughing violently.

Lu Han felt like he was about to vomit out all his insides. Damn, he was too careless; he got distracted for only a split-second and this is what he gets.

"OH NO YOU DIN'T!" Tao screamed. "YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT TO MY GEGE!"

And it was like hell hath no fury as Tao leaped towards the man. He high-kicked the Yankee, sending the man across the room, his back hitting the wall. "TAKE THAT, YOU MUSTACHE-MAN, YOU!" Tao yelled, throwing his chopsticks at the man.

But the Yankee was like a bear, and he was just so friggin' meaty, so even Tao's mighty Wushu kick did not suffice to bring him down. He stood up and stomped towards the four of you, and you could see an aura of wrath surrounding him.

"All of you are going to pay," he threatened, his funny mustache looking even funnier as the strands of hair tangled like wires. His fingers twitched in bloodlust. "I am going to break all of your bones."

You stepped forward. "Se Hun, Tao, take care of my idiot-stalker of a roommate, would you?" you told them. The both of them nodded, and Se Hun grabbed Lu Han by the shoulder, hoisted him up, and guided him out of your way.

Things were about to get messy.

As the man quickly approached you like a wild boar, you seized your bowl still full of scorching ramen and dumped the contents onto his head the moment he was close enough.

"MY EYES!" he cried out. And while he was busy screaming like a little girl, you grabbed his meaty arm and threw him at the table, causing the poor wooden furniture to give in and break in half as the heavy man collided with it. Saw dust clouded the Yankee as he lied there, unconscious.

To say that the scene was chaotic was an understatement.

As you shook the dust off your clothes, the waitress ran to the kitchen at the other side of the restaurant, crying and stuttering out everything that just happened. The chef/owner nearly had a heart attack at seeing the current predicament of his tea house: the spoon and ramen bowl Se Hun and you threw now lied on the floor, ceramic broken into many pieces; the ground was covered in a huge amount of soup and noodles; chairs and tables were all in disarray; and then, there was the Yankee man who was lying on top of a broken table.

It was a good thing that the tea house, albeit narrow, was long, and you chose the farthest, most isolated end of the restaurant to dine in; plus, you four and the Yankee-man were the only customers during this time of day, so no other patrons witnessed the frenzy of a fight that just happened.

The owner glared at the three of you: Tao and Se Hun were fussing over Lu Han, asking him if was all right, while you looked at your roommate in disdain, telling him that if he wanted to join the three of you, he didn't need to go all stalker. At that, Lu Han's eyes widened in surprise.

"You knew?! How? When? And why didn't you say anything" he bombarded you with all those questions, to which you replied, "Of course I knew; while I was walking back from the bathroom, I saw the tag of your shirt: Givenchy. I knew only one person who would wear a Givenchy shirt in a place like this. And second, I didn't say anything because I thought the whole point of stalking was so that you wouldn't be found out. I would ruin your efforts if I told you I knew."

"You are evil," he said, narrowing his eyes.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY TEA HOUSE?!"

Your conversation was cut short as the owner approached you, pulling his hair out and seething in rage. His face was red, his eyes glared at all of you with such contempt, and his nostrils flared out of anger.

"Manager-ssi, I can explain--"

"GET OUT! GET OUT, ALL OF YOU!"

You tried to reason again, but he grabbed all of the uneaten dumplings and shoved them into Tao's and Se Hun's hands.

"TAKE THESE! TAKE THESE, AND NEVER COME BACK!"

You, Tao, and Se Hun had no choice but to obey the stressed man, and exited the tea house, dragging your feet in depression. Tao and Se Hun supported Lu Han, whose stomach was still a bit sore.

 

It was a few hours later that the four of you found yourselves standing in front of the tea house after visiting the small clinic nearby to have Lu Han's poor stomach checked. To your surprise, the tea house was still opened and operating smoothly. You heard from a few aged women walking down the street that one part of the tea house had to be renovated because of a brawl that occurred just two hours ago. They also said that the victim--a big, brawny man who was the last person they'd ever expect to be the victim--had to be hospitalized after receiving several second-degree burns, some bruises, and broken ribs.


 

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone!

Well, that was one whirlwind of a chapter. But fear not, I'm not ending Tea House Adventure here! There will be an epilogue :))

And poor Lu Han; your pride just totally flushed down the toilet XD And omg, Tao, you cutie-pie you. I could just totally imagine you going crazy and wushu-ing the Yankee man's :))

Anyway, I was reading the comments a while ago! I was amused to hear that majority think that the protagonist and Kris would match if ever Lu Han died from a car crash. Lol, joke. But, haha, I can't help but agree with you, although I also like Tao and Se Hun :))

And don't worry about the protagonist being so masculine. There will come a time that she will show some of that girliness :))

Thanks again for reading, subscribing and commenting! 

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

 

Next chapter: The Tea House Adventure has finally come to an end.