The Byun Baek Hyun Chronicles Part 3

Roommates (dropped)

You deadpanned at Baek Hyun. "Dude, after what happened last year? No, no way. I am not going with you to another SNSD album launch," you shook your head, waving a hand as Baek Hyun knelt in front of you, his hands clasped together, his eyes begging you to accept.

 

"Please, Noona! You're the only one I can count on to accompany me!" he pleaded.

 

You bent down and looked him in the eyes, "Listen, you bacon-boy, I am not going there; I will die in that place, Baek Hyun. And Lu Han's busy on that day; no one will be there to yank me out when everyone's gone crazy and bonkers."

 

"That's where you won't have to worry, Noona," he assured you, "I phoned the music store, and asked if there would be extra events other than the launch itself. The manager said that it was just going to be a normal launch this time! Well, actually, it's not even the official launch yet! It's this private thing where the first fifty can reserve and buy the album before everyone else!"

 

Not this again. The last time he mentioned "the first fifty," it did not go so well. "Again with the first fifty? Baek Hyun, remember what happened?"

 

"I know, I know! And since Lu Han-hyung won't be there, I'll make sure to protect you this time!"

 

You rolled your eyes, "Baek Hyun, that's not the problem here. And I don't need protection; I need space--lots and lots of it."

 

"Please, Noona! It's an invite-slash-reservation only event, so there'll be a lot of space to breathe in!"

 

"Wait, if it's like that, why do I need to come? I mean--"

 

"PLEASE, NOONA!" he cried, holding onto your shirt.

 

Byun Baek Hyun, as Chanyeol had said, resembled a puppy in many different ways: first, he'd whimper and yelp like one before going to bed every night--Chanyeol still doesn't know why; second, when Baek Hyun was happy, he'd have the hugest smile on his face and would jump up and down, and you could sometimes see a tail wagging behind him.

 

And third, when Baek Hyun was being like this, when he was being so pitiful, so desperate, his eyes would just suddenly grow big and look tenderly, lovingly at you--entreating you to give in--and his mouth formed the most adorable pout you thought only Lu Han could do when he was sulking or throwing a tantrum.

 

You were never really fond of cute things, and actions like Taemin's Beautiful Eyes and Tao's Bbuing-bbuing never worked on you, so even you were surprised to hear yourself saying, "Fine."

 

Baek Hyun sprang up, flailing his arms, clapping, cheering, and pouncing around the room. "Noona, you're the best! I'll treat you to dinner this time!"

 

You chuckled, and stood up. "You better think I am the best."

 

"You are! You really are!" he rejoiced, his eyes sparkling as he gazed at you.

 

"Okay, okay," you pushed him outside, "I'll see you in a few days; now go away, I still have a report to finish."

 

~

 

You leaned against the wall, and stared at the happy couples who exited the numerous restaurants across the music store. A sickening feeling consumed your stomach as you watched, disgusted, at the girls who clung onto their boyfriends, cuddling, rubbing their cheeks against their lovers' arms. You wanted to hurl at one couple in particular, because they were showing too much PDA, kissing as they walked to who-knows-where.

 

You tapped your foot impatiently. What was taking Baek Hyun so long? He's been inside for at least thirty minutes already.

 

Like he promised, there were less people who attended the event, and you had to admit: there was space inside for you to breathe in, but you were not going to take a chance and risk it, so you stubbornly told him that you'd wait outside.

 

And for the past thirty minutes, you did nothing but watch people go in and out of the stores across the street. Most of them were couples, and you realized why there were so many: it was a Saturday night--perfect for dates and hullabaloos that lovers do.

 

You closed your eyes, and decided to listen to the hustle and bustle of Seoul instead of wasting your time looking at idiots.

 

This shopping district was the heart of Seoul City; people chattering, cars honking, birds chirping, footsteps sounding against the pavement. Seoul was filled with so much life, and even though you hated humans, you were glad you chose this city to live in.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Your eyes snapped open, and there in front you was the familiar nest of brown hair he partially hid with a multi-colored beanie, his heart-shaped face that bobbed to the side, and his round eyes that questioningly stared at you. By his side was a petite girl in an aquamarine dress as petite as she.

 

You smirked at Lu Han and his date. "Hey!" you greeted, and waved at the two. He continued to stare at you, while the girl nodded meekly in acknowledgement. "So this was why you were gone the whole day, huh?"

 

His date blushed and fiddled with her dress. "I...Umm...Oppa, who is he?"

 

Your eyes twitched. Lady, you better be thankful that you're pretty.

 

Lu Han protectively held her hand, squeezing it gently and giving you a cheeky grin. "Don't worry about him; he's just my roommate."

 

You gaped at the two. "Hey--"

 

"Noona, I'm done!" Baek Hyun exited the store, carrying a single plastic bag. He halted, however, when he saw Lu Han and his girl. Oh crap, this was not good. Neither you nor Baek Hyun ever told Lu Han that you and he were going to the 'launch.'

 

Holy crap, this was not good.

 

Holy crap, Lu Han was going to kill him for bringing you out to another SNSD event.

 

Holy crap.

 

Lu Han examined the terrified look on Baek Hyun's face and saw the content of the clear plastic bag: an SNSD album. He narrowed his eyes at Baek Hyun. "You two," he menacingly said, bringing out the evil that surprisingly resided in your usually happy-go-lucky roommate, "You have some explaining to do later on. Be grateful that I'm preoccupied."

 

With one last glower, Lu Han led his date some place else, his glare never leaving you and Baek Hyun until he turned a corner.

 

"Aish, that Lu Han" you mumbled, shaking your head in exasperation. "He should really learn how to say no to girls." You folded your arms, then turned to Baek Hyun to give him a short scolding for letting you wait for so long, but you noticed how colorless his usually ruddy cheeks were, and how stiff his jaws were, as if he saw a ghost.

 

"Baek Hyun, are you okay?"

 

He shook his head. "No, Noona; I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have taken you to the launch without any of us telling Hyung. He's going to kill me, Noona."

 

You had to literally drag Baek Hyun inside the dorm that night; he refused to go inside, screaming, "He'll kill me, Noona!" 


 

Author's Note:

Hi, everyone! I am here again with another installment of The Byun Baek Hyun Chronicles! Not much action this time, though. 

 

:))

 

Baek Hyun is such a cutie <3

 

And really now, Lu Han, what are you getting so worked up for when you're the one who's on a date? Tsk tsk tsk.

 

Anyway, thank you again for reading, subscribing and commenting! Everyone wants Lu Han to find out about your little fight--maybe I'll write about it again in the future? :))

 

I've been curious about something for a while now. Who do you think is a good match for her among EXO, if Lu Han was out of the picture? :))

 

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

 

Next chapter: Through thick and thin, come hell or high water, you would always be by Lu Han's side.