Turning the Tide

Roommates (dropped)

All thirteen of you were gathered in the dorm lobby, eating some afternoon snacks. Lay had prepared some tea and biscuits, and you, Tao and Se Hun were extremely grateful, stuffing yourselves with his delicious coconut-butter biscuits. After drinking your Earl Grey Tea, you stood up, and got something from your locker. You hid it behind you and approached Lu Han who was still chewing his cookies.

 

“Hey, Lu Han, do you know what today is?” you asked him.

 

He raised an eyebrow. After swallowing, he answered you, “Of course I know. Today marks the first time we met, and the first day we became roommates.”

 

You smirked. “Good. I’m glad you remembered!” You handed him the object you were hiding. “Well, here is my anniversary present to you.”

 

It was a small, pink paper bag sealed with magenta, lace ribbon. The paper bag read Venus and it just screamed femininity. Lu Han stared at the gift warily.

 

Whenever you and Lu Han celebrated your ‘anniversary’ the two of you would go out and eat in a shabu-shabu resto, then head to an arcade and battle each other in games of Guitar Hero, air hockey, and basketball. The present before him was unexpected, and it scared him because the paper bag looked like it contained something he would not like.

 

At all.

 

“Well, what are you waiting for? Open it!” you urged, a mischievous smirk on your face. Lu Han knew you were up to something, but unless he opened it, he wouldn’t know what it was. So he slowly, painfully, reached for the bag you put on the table, and took his time in untangling the ribbon.

 

Lu Han's face paled the moment he looked inside, and he gingerly, using two fingers, pulled out the strap of the 'gift' you gave him. "You," he grunted, "Please explain just what the hell is this!" He yanked the object out, and threw it on the table.

 

Everyone, except for Kris, Tao and you, gaped at the piece of lingerie in front of them. It was a cute baby pink, polka dotted bra with laces, ribbons, and all the naughty things that hormonal teenage boys would adore.

 

You snickered. "Now, now, don't get angry, my dear roommate. It's not for you. Although," you smiled mischievously and pointed at him, "I won't judge you if you ever want to try it on."

 

Lu Han was fuming, quivering on his seat. The others, meanwhile, were trying to hide their laughter. "You...Just what the hell were you thinking? Or were you even thinking at all?"

 

"Geez, don't be so mad, Lu Han. It's just a joke. We're still going out for shabu-shabu later," you reassured him, waving your hand. "And like I said, this isn't for you; it's for your future wife...So, you know..." you chuckled, narrowing your eyes to give him an all-knowing look, "Well, I'll leave that to your imagination."

 

You continued to snicker along with the others when Lu Han stopped trembling and grabbed the bra. He twirled it around his fingers, and you halted when he looked at you with such a smug smirk and devious eyes.

 

"For my future wife you say?" his voice sounded weird; it was...sultry. His smirk grew bigger, and he stood up and leaned down towards you. You froze, realizing at how close he was. It reminded you of that one time they asked what your ideal type was, and you remembered just how arrogant Lu Han looked when he said that he was your 'type.'

 

"Well then, I'll make sure to let her wear this on our honeymoon." With one last wink, Lu Han grabbed the paper bag, and sauntered towards the staircase.

 

Your eye twitched. You cannot believe that your prank backfired. You won't allow this. No way. Not ever. Not when you went through all of the trouble of pretending to be a good boyfriend getting something for his girlfriend.

 

You jerked up, and faced Lu Han's retreating form. You grabbed your left sneaker, and pitched it towards his head. It made powerful contact with Lu Han's head. Having experienced it as well, Lay cringed, and you heard "Ooh"s and "Oh snap"s from the others.

 

"Take that Lu Han! You better find a way to hide that lump on your head during our shabu-shabu!"  

 

 

Poor Lu Han had to wear three beanies to cover that bump on his head.


Author's Note:

Wow, my third one today! I'm on a roll :)) But then again, I won't be able to post tomorrow because I'll be gone the whole day. >A< 

Anyway, hello again! Do you guys remember that last scene of Chapter 2? Well, this is the aftermath! :)) Wow, it's been quite a long journey; I'm nearing 30 chapters already! But don't worry, I'm not ending the series anytime soon! I have so many scenarios in mind! 

8D

Thanks again for reading, subscribing and commenting!

If it's not too much to ask, I want to know what your favorite chapter is, and why you chose it. I wanted to hear what aspects of it you particularly liked. This will help me improve my writing and deliver better characterization and descriptive writing! 

Thank you again!

 

Next chapter: Se Hun thinks he should move out, but you think otherwise.