New Perspective

Roommates (dropped)

“You off to your job?” you asked him as you exited the bathroom after having changed into your pajamas. You were still drying your hair with your black towel when you got out and saw Lu Han all dressed-up, just like he always did when he had work.

 

Lu Han was in front of the full-length mirror by the door, adjusting his necktie and fixing his hair. “Yeahp. Hand me some hair gel, will you?”

 

You went inside the bathroom, and after hanging your towel on the curtain rail, got the hair gel you and Lu Han shared, and gave it to him.

 

“Thanks.”

 

You did some stretching while Lu Han continued to fix himself. As you watched him, you realized just how many girls would kill to be you right now: to see Lu Han, the angel-face of EXO, in a slick, black suit and expensive black, leather shoes.

 

You’ve never really viewed Lu Han as one of the manly members among the twelve, but then again, no man, except for Minho, and maybe Kris, had ever met your standards when it came to being labeled as “manly.” But when Lu Han was all glammed up for his job, you would see him from a new perspective.

 

But then you would snap back to reality just a few seconds later, and would laugh to yourself at how funny Lu Han actually looked, trying to be as virile as possible. It never really suited him because you thought he was better off being youthful and pretty like the doe he really is.

 

And like Marilyn Monroe.

 

He would kill you if you said that one last part out loud.

 

He turned to you. “How do I look?”

 

You laughed. “Dude, you ask me that every time you leave for your job, and I’ll always answer you the same way: so-so.”

 

He pouted, jutting out his lower lip. Even with a suit on, he looked like a twelve-year old. “A ‘Wow, you’re handsome!’ would be nice,” he complained, unsatisfied with your neutral, generic response.

 

You shrugged. “Hey, you asked for my opinion, and I gave it to you. If you don’t like it, go and ask your fangirls; they’ll say what you want to hear.”

 

He grimaced. “Fine, be the blind tomboy you are and deny your roommate’s good looks.” After adjusting his necktie one more time, and putting one last drop of hair gel, he grabbed his fedora hat, stuffed his essentials in his pockets and exited without even a goodbye. 

 

You rolled your eyes.

 

Really now, Lu Han? You couldn’t find a better time to sulk?

 

Ah, fine, I’ll give in—but only just this once.

 

You peeked outside, and Lu Han, being the slow walker that he is, wasn’t too far off the hall yet.

 

“Hey, Lu Han!” you called. He paused, then turned to you; his thin lips still formed that deep, ugly scowl of his.

 

“You should wear a suit more often! You’re even more handsome when you do!” you quickly said, then slammed the door shut.

 

Well, that was embarrassing and so out of character, but you didn’t want a pissed of Lu Han entering his work place and affecting his productivity. You’ve always disapproved of his night job because it exhausted him so much; the least you could do was make sure he’d go to it with a pleased smile on his face.

 

And sure enough, he sported a big, goofy grin as he greeted his co-workers, his head filled with only one thought:

 

She thinks I’m handsome.


Author's Note:

Hello, again! 

Finally, I've given a hint as to what Lu Han's part-time job might be. Can anyone guess? :))

Anyway, thank you again for supporting this series! It was super fun to hear everyone's experience with Shakespeare XD I also read Macbeth, but unlike RoJu, it was harder to understand the old English text because most of it talked about politics and more serious matters; plus, I did not enjoy the witches' weird prophecies :))

Again, thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting!

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

 

Next chapter: Lu Han isn't the only one who's disturbed by this new side of you. 

 

Just who the hell is this Taemin boy?