Chapter 8

A Promise To My Twin Sister

 

 

I cleanse my throat, "E-erm, so, still wanna date me?" I asked

 
He nodded in agreement, while I sighed, "You know what, Jae? You're the only one who wants me. I'm THAT bad"
 
"Well, that doesn't mean you're bad. But I like it, no rival to go against. So...." he paused for a second, "I better get going, your big damn sister is going to come closer" he pointed at Yoona.
 
"Araso" I moved my head to face him, but in a blink of an eye, he came towards me and kissed me on the lips, "this is fate" he whispered, and swam towards the corner

 

Yoona and I swam as if nothing had happened, I hope she really didn't saw me and Jaejoong. She's gonna tell Mom and Dad about it, and make a big fuss over it.
 
"Are you hungry, 
you?" she asked and placed a thick towel around me
 
"I'm alright. Why do you care so much?"
 
"Nothing, we better clean up and get back home, Mom called me awhile ago and told her she made kimbap for lunch" she said
 
"Oh, arasoyo"
 
  

I walked back home, but the atmosphere was much different to when we came to the pool. Yoona sound a bit off, and she looked bad. Really bad.
 
"Are you alright? Are you sick?" I tried to sound cool
 
"I'm alright, nothing's wrong" she lowered her head
 
"I guess I shouldn't worry about you anymore, huh?"
 
"I guess so.." she walked slower
 
"Hmm.. Your swimming suit looks good, did Mom spent half her money to buy it for you? She spent ONLY $50 to buy one for me!" I exclaimed, stressing the word 'only'

 

Yoona raised her head and look at me straight in the eyes, "She didn't even spend a dollar for this suit. I saved for a month just to buy this suit. You could just stop thinking that Mom and Dad like me more, 'cause I guess it isn't true"
 
I paused for a second, I couldn't move my feet and I believed I just took the wrong step, telling her what's supposed to be kept as a secret.
 
"And ah!..." she added, "That was Jaejoong, right? You didn't do a great job at hiding him from my view. I saw him"
 
Again, she stopped my blood from circulating for a second, "Ah.. Ah.. That.. Hmm, we're just talking about random stuffs"
 
"Random stuffs, huh? What can you say about the kiss? You lips.. And his..." she leaned forward

 

 

I shall not lose, she can't have everything her way, she should just let me steal something away from her. And the only thing I could steal, is Jaejoong. I walked closer towards her and dropped down the bag she's holding,
 
"Ya, Jung Yoona, the innocent sweet girl, did I get that wrong? The innocent sweet girl, Yoona, do you actually want Baekhyun or Jaejoong? You better choose one, I just don't get how you choose the guy who's actually my close friend, could you look for someone I don't know?"

 

She didn't answer, so I took the initiative to talk to her again, "You said you didn't like Jaejoong, but you also said you didn't like Baekhyun. Do you actually want to play with their hearts?" I yelled at her
 
I could sense people looking at us, whispering that we look similar but yet, bashing each other with sharp words.
 
"WHAT DO YOU NEED?! Mom and Dad loves you, Jaejoong likes you, Baekhyun is your best friend. You don't lack anything! You think I'm better than you, and I hope that's true, but the reality is just unfair. I'M WORSE!" she yelled back and teardrops began to run down her cheek.
 
"After they went home from work, the first thing they ask me was, Is 
you home? Has she eaten dinner?, they don't even ask me such question! Do you think it's fair" she added.
 

I never knew they cared about me that much, since the guys that I know, most of them wants Yoona to be his girlfriend, but it always fails because Yoona like noone else, but Jaejoong. Mom and Dad, they both love us, although I still think they protect Yoona more.
 
"Mom and Dad.. I guess they adopted me, somehow? I don't even think we look alike" Yoona suddenly said some nonsense
 
I slapped her really hard, "You're really amusing, Yoona! YOU! You better think before you talk".