Chapter 4

A Promise To My Twin Sister

 

Today is my birthday, by 18th birthday to be precise. Honestly, I couldn’t sleep last night, thinking whether people would care about my birthday. For Yoona, for sure, she wouldn’t worry, she received presents even if it wasn’t her birthday. I had a dream yesterday, out of hundreds of people I know, only Yoona and my parents care about the day when I turn 18. It was just a terrible feeling.

I woke up after a short sleep, I looked at myself from the mirror, I didn’t look bad though. I brushed by hair and as I was about to open the door, Yoona opened my room door with all her strenght, and hit my forehead. “AUUWWCH!! Can’t you be a little careful?” I shrieked. Yoona tried not to laugh, and apologized, “O-oh, are you alright? I’m sorry”.

“Get out of my way, Missy” I walk away and stopped halfway, “Anyway, happy birthday to you” I said sarcastically, not feeling right to treat her well today. Maybe I’ll treat her well tomorrow.

I ran to the dining room to greet my parents, who’s fortunately, are eager to spend time with me today. “Good morning, Appa, Omma” I greeted them and kissed their cheeks. “Any present for me today?” I asked them.

“I made your favourite cake! Chocolate cake, check it out in the fridge when you’re free, Darl” Mom says. I nodded and asked, “How about you, Dad?”

Dad just gave a light smile, “Sorry, but not this year, you-ah” he lowered his head and didn’t dare to look me in the eyes. “Appa, it’s alright. Maybe you can buy me two gifts next year” I joked. “But, can I just ask for something simple?” I continued. He nodded.

“Please stop working overnight like this. You work too much, Dad. How could a human being like you work 18 hours out of 24 hours? If you want to get sufficient money, Yoona and I could find a part-time job. Please stop pushing yourself like this. We all need you, we want to talk to you when we’re having dinner and stuff” I said.

He shook his head, “No, you-ah. I’m the head of the family, I am somehow in charged of this, earning money. You can focus on your studies and stay healthy, that what makes me happy” he said.

“Aniyo! That meant that you’re the only one getting hurt. Let’s get hurt together, let’s be happy together,” I said. “I think about you when you’re busy working in the office, I think about you until I couldn’t even think of myself, my twin sister, and my mother. If you ask me why I fight a lot with Yoona, the answer is because I have too much to think, especially because of you. I miss you, Dad” I came closer to him and hugged him tightly.

He finally moved his hands and rubbed the back of my head, “As much as I could, I’ll try to make time for you. Don’t fight with your sister, please protect her as well” he smiled.

 

We finished our breakfast and I went to Yoona’s room to give her the present I’ve prepared for her. I knocked the front door, but I heard nothing. I grabbed the handle and walked in, but she’s not there. I placed the gift beside her phone on her study table. “Message, Message, Message” the phone rang. I was really curious about who’s actually close to Yoona at this point of time, is it that stupid Yujin? I hope not.

 

I flipped her phone , and clicked the message on the main screen. It says:

“Anyeonghaseyo, Yoona-ssi..

            This is Byun Baekhyun, I changed my phone number just yesterday, but don’t tell your crazy sister just yet.

            E-erm.. Happy 18th Birthday! I hope you’ll keep on shining, stay healthy, and be happy. Don’t be like your sister, she’s so arrogant lately, I never knew I could survive being her friend.

            Anyway, Yoona-ssi, being too perfect is a sin! *you know what I mean right, miss?*

Love and care, Byun Baekhyun heart

 

WHAT THE FRIGGIN’ HELL IS GOING ON?! Baekhyun likes Yoona as well? He’s a dead meat. I don’t deal with people that likes Yoona, I deal with people who likes me. ARGH, he seriously had wasted half of my time. My life somehow shortened by ten years after reading the message. I threw her phone to her bed and walked out of her room.

you-ah! What are you doing in my room?” Yoona asked, she was standing quite far from me, but she saw me as I went out of her room.

“What? Nothing! Go check it out yourself. I think you have a new fanboy, huh?”

Yoona stared at me blankly for a second or so, “Umm, you-ah! Happy birthday, here’s a present for you” she walked to me and handed me a small box, wrapped in a light blue coloured paper. “Oh. For me? Okay, thank you” I simply said and walked away.

I wonder whether she would thank me after she saw the gift. Anyway, I have no time to think about it. I have an appointment with SM Entertainment in an hour, I wonder what they have to say to me. They haven’t really told me I was casted, they should’ve sent me the result by yesterday, but I received none.

I picked my favourite clothes and wore it, as well as matching shoes that fits in with my mood right now. I dialed Baekhyun, “Hello?”

“Where are you, Bacon?” I asked

“Get ready. I’ll be there in two minutes. Anyway, is Yoona there?” he suddenly asked

My body felt like I was electrified, “YA! You like her as well? You’re really a dead meat today, mate”

“Jealous because she’s prettier than you, huh?”

“Nope, I don’t think she even dared to audition for SM Entertainment. Just wait until I could be like BoA, everyone would be head over heels in love with me,” I boasted.

“Can I come in? I’m in front of your house gate!”

“Aniyo! Stay there, don’t move an inch. I’ll go out right now, Yoona’s having a nap anyway”

“It’s friggin’ 10 AM! How could she have a nap at this hour, you ! Stop lying, could you? could you?”

“Shut your friggin’ mouth, could you? could you?” I hung up and ran towards my house gate.

 

I grabbed the door handle of his car, but it was locked. “YAAA! Open it. I have no time to joke around” I said seriously.

“WOOOOOO.. You’re SCARY~” he unlocked the door. I jumped in furiously, “YAA! Since when did you fall in love with my sister?” I asked.

“Hmm, you need to asnwer me first. Since when did we become close friends?”

“A year ago? Last February?”

“That’s the answer! You’re a smartass, but too bad you’re y” he said. I slapped his head and we went off to SM Entertainment building.

We talked and talked and talked while we were on the way there. I fight with Baekhyun the most, not Yoona. I took care of Yoona although she’s older than me, I have this kind of “bodyguard” feeling when I walk with her. But when we fight, we actually know each other better. Maybe that’s why I get along with Baekhyun really well, although I just noticed he’s actually in love with my sister, Yoona. That didn’t actually surprise me. Well, she’s a goddess.

you-ah, you’re okay going home by bus right?” he asked. I nodded. “Sorry I couldn’t drive you home, my father needs me in his office. Anyway, good luck. I hope nothing bad would happen to you,” he laughed. I stepped out of his car with butterflies flying wildly around my abdomen. “I hope this is a sign of success” I told myself.

 

The automatic door open up as I walked closer to it. The person in charged greeted me happily, “Anyeonghaseyo, are you a part of the new trainee, here in SM Entertainment?” he asked.

“Wa-what? I’m not sure. I got a call from Mr. Kim just this morning. I didn’t receive any kind of letter from this entertainment,” I said.

“Oh, you must’ve misunderstood. We do not actually send a letter to each of your houses. We call you right away, because there used to be a misunderstanding because of that. Since you’re here now, congratulations! You’re accepted as a new trainee here. I’ll take you to the meeting room” he said.

 

The meeting room is quite far from the lobby, as we walked there, I could see the practice rooms, the dining rooms, and other special venues. It was thrilling, I couldn’t imagine practicing in one of these rooms. This place would be my second home.

“Here is the meeting room. You arrived here kinda too early, there’s only one person who’s already here” he said and left.

 

I walked in and took a sit beside a good-looking young man with his iPod in his hands, and earphones plugged. “He’s too handsome, oh Father” I said it somewhat loud.

“Mwo? I’m good-looking? I know I am” he said with his deep voice. I laugh softly, he’s quite confident of himself, but I guess, too confident.

“Why are you here? you just auditioned as an actor as well?” I asked him, trying to get his attention

“Nope. I dance”

“WHOA!  You dance? You must me really really cool? Do you have many fangirls or something? Can you dance for me, can you? Can you?” I started to fangirl in front of him.

He sighed, “COULD YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH?! I’m trying to concentrate here!” he yelled.

I lowered my head, “Mi-mi-mianhaeyo” I said slowly. He stared at me secretly, “You, you’re an actress?” he lowered his voice. I nodded.

“But what’s with those floral shoes, floral dress, floral sunglasses and everything? You look cheap,” he said

I raised my head and stared at him for a minute of two, “How about you? What’s with that hipster pants and baggy shirt? Trying to look like Justin Bieber way back in 2009 or something? It’s not trendy anymore” I gave him a shot-back, “Anyway, you just have to thank your Mom and Dad for giving you such a good face” I addded.

“I know I’m good-looking, no need to say more about it. BUT! I’ll just have to say one thing, and keep this clear in mind” he pointed at me and smiled lightly

“Just say it, I have a good memory” I stared at him again

“Never come to me and say you like me, because I’ve got too many girls to handle” he said proudly.

My eyes widened as he said it, I took an apple from my bag and threw it to his face, “THIS APPLE MIGHT FALL FOR YOU, but I WON’T!

The apple hit just right on his head, unfortunately, it didn’t hit his eye, I was targetting his face. “AUCH! Fine, fine, fall for me, I don’t mind” he moaned in pain.

“Tell me your name” I said confidently.

“Donghae, Lee Donghae” he said.

“Dong-Donghae? East Sea? What a GREAT name” I stressed the word ‘great’, Donghae, what a great name. I wouldn’t forget it, but too bad I had to say it everytime I sing the national anthem.

“Anyway, Donghae, don’t mess with me. I’m only 18, but I’m strong. And, when you see my sister, don’t tell me you like her” I said to him and left the room furiously.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyeong~!

Please leave comments after reading smiley It'd surely make my day

Thank you for subscribing and reading my fanfiction, I'm really blessed