Chapter 3

A Promise To My Twin Sister

 

"Appa! Can you drive me to school starting from today onwards? I really hate catching the bus, they're all weird" I complained,
 
"Who? Bus is a public transport, you probably won't meet the same people again in the bus. Don't be childish" Dad said.
 
"She just want everyone to think she's actually wealthy" Yoona interrupted, "There are only two people that want to talk to her, me, and Baekhyun" she added.
 
"Zip your freaking lips! You know nothing about how I feel when I'm at school. Better zip it. You shouldn't  bully me anymore, I've grown better" I gave her a finger, then left for school.
 

 

I waited for the bus, while it rained heavily. I was partially soaked, even before school starts. This wasn't my first time, waiting for the bus in the rain. Dramas are absolutely full of lies, usually when the it rains heavily, and even before the girl got soaked, there would always come the good-looking guy with his umbrella in his grasp.
 
"You look worse than the other days" someone said from behind, it was Baekhyun, my so-called boyfriend. We're just a "DAMN-TOO-CLOSE" friend, and everyone believes we're actually dating, when we're not. "So, just had another fight with your Dad? Mom? Or your goddess-like sister?" He asked.
 
"I never fought with my Mom. Dad, he never really cared about me. Yoona, she kept on.. AHHHHH! It's like, I love her, but I hate her as well" I shrieked.
 
"Might be because she's prettier than you are. Jokes! You know why? Look at her! She's pretty, smart, warm-hearted, and pure. But look at you! Although you're pretty, you're so arrogant and annoying! Who would even fall for you? Seriously!"
 
I pushed myself closer to him, "Hmm, who would? I think.. I think.. YOU WOULD BACON!!", then I ran inside the bus and he ran after me.
 

 

The bus was soaked as well, everyone smelt like rainwater. Baekhyun and I sat at the very back of the bus, we usually write random things on the chair in front of us. If the police caught us doing it, we might be fined.
 
"you-ah, do you really think your sister grabs all the care and love that’s supposed to be yours?" Baekhyun asked
 
"I don't know. I used to think that she actually deserves it all, but you know, I actually deserve it too! It's just unfair how people treats us differently. It hurts more, since I'm her twin sister" I explained. Baekhyun nodded and grinned, "Stop smiling, it's not funny!"
 
"YAA, YAA, YAA!" Baekhyun suddenly got excited. "Can you sing? or dance? or maybe act?" he asked.
 
"I can't sing or dance, but I can act. I chose drama for my electives. Anyway, what-what is wrong with your eyes? It looks smaller, and.. cleaner?" I asked as I tilted my head to the right, then to the left. I laughed really hard when I started to notice that he didn't wear his eyeliner today, he looks really different. "You're running out of eyeliner, huh?"
 
Baekhyun eyes widened as I mentioned about the eyeliner, “YAAAA! Do you want to die?" he yelled. It was just the right time to run away, the bus door opened up and I ran as fast as I could so Baekhyun wouldn't be able to pull my hair like he used to when he's angry.

 

 

As I reached the school gate, Baekhyun was far away behind; I guess he was out of breath. Baekhyun and I seemed to have exchanged soul. He’s really weak, while I’m awkwardly strong. During the marathon last year, both of us competed and he unbelievably lost in the second round, while I survived until the fourth round.

 

 

The reason I come to school is because, my parents want me to, and I guess I need basic knowledge to survive. I went inside my class, and Yoona’s already there with her friends, girlish, too fashionable. They stared at me and began to whisper to each other as I walked inside the room,

“What’s wrong? I didn’t step on dog poo this morning, I guess there’s nothing wrong if I step in” I said sarcastically. Yoona just lowered her head and did not dare to look at me, while her friends were grumbling trying to think of something to say something against me.

“You, you! I don’t think you deserve to be Yoona’s twin sister. You’re such a disgrace to her family!” one of them said, her name is Yujin.

“Hey, ! Do not talk to me as if you know me that much. No matter how much I brought ‘disgrace’ to the family, my parents love each other. Unlike your Mom who married your Dad just because of money, I wonder which night-club would you live in when you grow up. Anyway! How much did it cost you to have a total plastic surgery? It must've costed a lot!” I said and ran my fingers on her hair. “I warn you, don’t ever speak like that again. OH! Don’t act as if you’re really Yoona's friend, you're just acting in front of her, don't you?”.

 

 

School days’ never different, everyday I would always hear some nasty things related to my family, and I’d end up fighting. I don’t feel that my family’s actually spoiled, I grew up big and strong, and that’s because they took care of me really well. I sat on the playground with my sandwich on my hands, I dug the sand in front of me with my toes.

“Can’t wait to hear another story from you, you” Baekhyun said and bit the end of my sandwich.

“YAAA! Stop eating my sandwich, I’m starving rihgt now” I complained.

“Oh! Anyway, what happened today? Something fun?”

“Not telling…”

“Jinja? I have something to tell you. This is a plan that would help you garner attention from people, and I’d be really effective. BUT! I’ll tell you after you tell me what happened today” he said.

“Ne, araso. I fought with Kim Yujin again. I guess I don’t have to tell you why, just the same reason as the other days I fought with her” I threw a small rock as I spoke.

“Oh. Don’t mind her, she’s just a jealous. Look at her face, damaged like hell. I was browsing the magazine this morning, and I found an advertisement. Here!” he handed me a printed advertisement that he ripped off a magazine.

“SM Entertainment Audition? Are you serious? I will not do it. Can’t be bothered to make fun of myself any further” I said.

“This is the only way that you could get more attention that Yoona, there’s no other way. Even if you change yourself, people would still fancy Yoona rather than you. You’re beautiful and you can act, just audition there to be an actress! Trust me” he explained.

“Are you sure I’d be accepted? Would you come with me during the audition?” I asked.

“Ne, I will. So, will you audition? The audition is on Friday, so you have two days to prepare”

“Ne, I’ll try. Thank you for the help” I smiled.

 

 

[The next two days]

For two days, I spent the whole day standing in front of the mirror and practising with my acting. Although I’ve always been chosen as the main actress for my school dramas, this audition meant a lot to me, and I must succeed. I shall show the whole world that I am worthy of everything. They’re not suppose to neglect me like this. This day would be the day when my life changes into something different. I would never want to suffer like this again. 18 years of neglect is enough for me.

you-ah, are you ready for the audition? You look well, today. Show them what you’ve got! Make me proud” Yoona patted my shoulder, “Don’t forget me, if you end up being really famous like Kim Tae Hee” she added.

“I won’t, as long as you stop bullying me!” I laughed.

 

 

Baekhyun picked me up, and we went to venue where the audition was held. It was absolutely nervewracking. There were thousands of people qeueing for the audition, and it made it more difficult for me to stand out of the rest of them. Lucky that we went there earlier, so we weren’t really far back behind. Baekhyun and I waited for about three hours for our turn, erm, my turn.

“Sorry for wasting your time today, Baek” I apologized

“That’s alright. I’d be proud if you end up being famous because of me” he laughed.

 

 

After another 15 minutes sitting down in the waiting area, one of the staff called my number and led me to the room with five judges, one of them is Go Ara, an actress under SM Entertainment.

“Anyeonghaseyo, my name is you , and I’m 18 years old. I want to show my talent in acting” I introduced myself.

“That’s good. Please show us the best you have. Don’t forget to smile, okay!” Go Ara said.

 

 

I began to start acting, the act that I’ve been practicing for two days. Although this was actually the first time I feel nervous, I do not want that feeling to ruin my act. I continued concentrating on the audition, until my show time ended.

“Time’s up! So, you-ssi, you’re 18 years old?” one of the judges asked.

“Yes, I am” I nodded.

“Do you take acting lesson at school?” they asked.

“Yes, I’ve been learning how to act since I was in Year 7”

“Amazing, 6 years. The message of the act was really clear and you acted it really well, I could feel the feeling of the actress, and everything was just great. Keep improving your skills, and if we decided to cast you, we’ll give you a call next Monday. Thank you”

I bowed and left the waiting room, smiling widely.