Chapter 9

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He actually laughed. That was all I could hear. Birds fell silent, the wind stopped howling, and I stared at him in astonishment. The only two people in the world and being just my luck, I am one of them, the other Adonis.

“Come on” he said, taking my hand in his. “I will give you’re a little tour.”

And he did. I stole glimpses at him for the most of it and caught myself staring more than once. Other than distracting me with his voice and looks, I noticed Taemin is really smart…or he’s done this before.

He showed me around the garden, which was huge, then led me through a maze of at least two meter high thorny walls and probably many exits.      

“If you keep your hand to the right, you will eventually find one of the exits.” Taemin smiled, taking a left turn.

Yeah, I’d rather keep my delicate hands away from pointy thorns, ‘kay thanks.

“How many exits are there?” I asked.

“Three. One facing north, one in the east and one on the south.”

“What’s the point of multiple exits?”

“They each lead to a different location. The east exit leads to the main road that you can follow into town. The north exit is the one we entered, leading onto campus. And the south leads to the river.”

“River?”

“Yes, this way.” Taemin led me out of the maze and into wilderness. “This is Pazly Forest. See that path there?” He pointed to the left a bit.

I could barely make out a worn path under the vegetation bit I could see where the dull green dipped from excessive use.

“Yeah, I see it.”

“Follow that down and you will find a bridge to help you cross over. Under that is where the river lays. It is calm h

Please log in to read the full chapter