Chapter 12

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Whoa, this guy is just, whoa. I have goosebumps from just meeting his eye! 

"Did you order for me?" he asked Abby in a harsh tone. Jeez, what a douche. I saw her expression turn worried but before she could answer,

"Here." Taemin lifted his plate of cooked meat and handed it to him.

The pale male sitting across from me reached over. When both their hands were touching the plate I took the chance to compare their skin tone. New guy has much lighter skin, confirmed.  

"Hmph, I did think it was weird to have this in front of you." I could hear the snicker in the guy's tone. How rude, Taemin just gave his food away and now he has to wait to order again. Well, I guess I won't eat then, I'm going to wait for-what the heck?! Why is he eating already?

The new guy was already slicing pieces of the brown steak and eating away at the vegetables. Isn't he going to at least say thank you? Uh oh, I feel my other side kicking in.

"Hey you punk, say thank you." 

Everyone paused in their doings. Taemin turned to me with wide eyes and Abby looked like she was about to have a hysteric fit. The impolite fool in front of me drops his utensils, they clattered noisily on the ceramic plate and I swear the rest of this place went dead silent. Again. I can feel everyone looking in our direction. Again.

He looked at me with an unfriendly eye. Lined with dark make-up, with his purplish-red streaked jet-black hair and shiny piercings tucked round his ear made him appear even more exotic in addition to pale skin. 

"Listen new kid," He leered. "I don't care who you are or what you're doing here, but you need to learn your place."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Learn my place, eh? And if I don't? What are you going to do? You're nobody special."

He snickered at my ignorance. "You obviously have no idea who I am."

"Obviously not that I care, but I'm Bea, who the hell are you?"  

It looked like he was about to let out a string of curses when Abby interrupted with an urgency I couldn't ignore.

"Not saying that this hasn't been lovely, but maybe you should le-"

"Shut it."

She looked at the male next to her with nervous eyes. "But sir, your-"

"What did I say?!" he snapped and she went quiet.

"Wow, now I know who you are." I observed with a nod. He looked me expectantly and I glanced at Taemin before continuing. "You're an ."

Taemin shook beside me and the pierced boy sat back in his seat, bringing one hand up to touch his lip.

"Tch, you have guts. Call me Key."

Almost immediately, the dining hall erupted in loud whispers. Nosy gallery. 

"Okay Key, let's be friends." I extended my hand across the way, but raised it so he couldn't shake it. "Unless you have something against people referring t

Please log in to read the full chapter