Chapter 29[END]

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

!!Important A/N: Check out my announcement at the end of the chapter! (I’m working on three story projects right now^^;;;)

-o-o-o-o-o-

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
-Sun Tzu

For about three minutes the only thing Minho could see was the same sentence over and over again. It didn’t matter how many times he read it, the words refused to make any sense. It’s not that the novel wasn’t interesting, it is, and it’s not that Minho was distracted by someone shouting at him, which no one is. It’s that Bea is sitting quietly in the center of Jonghyun’s bed with her legs and arms crossed and a staring at him with a scowl.

After the thirteenth attempt to read the wisdom of Sun Tzu, Minho let out an exasperated breath and snapped the book shut. “What?” he glowered. “What are you staring at?”

Bea’s brow rose. “You, obviously. I didn’t exactly ask to come here, you know. If I could leave I would.”

“Then get out before Jonghyun returns. I’m not keeping you.”

“I meant this school, genius. If you could help be transfer back home, that would be really helpful.”

“Tell me about your life before the Academy.” Minho sat forward with elbows on his knees and hands clasped under his chin. If there is one thing that bothers him, it’s having his natural ability suppressed. Or in Bea’s case, denied. He had been able to loophole a veil in the frontal part of her memories, which named he and Jonghyun as friendly acquaintances, but he had not been able to see anything. And that pissed him off.

“What are you, a psychologist? I was perfectly happy before Karen sent me here, that’s all you need to know.”

“Who is Karen to you? Your Guardian?”

“Yeah. It was either her or an orphanage or some foster crap like that. But look, I’m here now. The Academy isn’t a horrible place to end up, I guess. She could have kicked me out on the streets and leave me to Walker. He’s an even when he’s in a good mood. I swear, that bastard followed me. He was always the first one on-scene and .”

Minho hummed, his thoughts turning. “Your Guardian doesn’t sound at all professional. You must have been frustrated with her lack of experience.”

“Professional? Christ, the woman practically gave me away as if blood and seventeen years didn’t matter. Of course I was angry at her, still am! She hasn’t even contacted me since I got here!”

That sparked his interest. “You’re here without your Guardian? Why?”

“I don’t think aunts are allowed to accompany students in a boarding school, dude.”

“Your aunt is a Guardian? Yours?”

“Uh, yeah, as ridiculous as it may seem to you. Who else? My family is like, nonexistent. Only me and Karen.”

That

Please log in to read the full chapter