Chapter 8

Nightingale (2008/2011)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I in oxygen again and again. My head still spun but at least the pressure had stopped. Someone was talking quietly just above me,

“What happened?”

“I’m not sure, I tried, really I did, but I don’t know…” a second voice responded.

“No, I mean what happened? Both of you were just standing there, you were completely out of it and Be looked like she was in pain.” A pause “has this ever happened before?”

“No…”

I groaned and something around me stiffened.

“Bea? Can you hear me?”

“Yes” I barely heard my own voice. I opened my eyes the tiniest bit to see Taemin’s breath-taking face looking down at me. This time I was the one who stopped breathing. The ray’s of sunlight that escaped the clouds barrier now hit Taemin like a spotlight, making him resemble a fallen angel. What the hell am I thinking?

“Are you in any pain?” his face full of concern.

“My head hurts and my eyes sting a little.” I tried to sit up, but his arms stopped me.

“Wha?” I looked up at him. Oh my gawd! Is he holding me?! My face heated from zero to ninety in less than a second. Somebody near me giggled. Well, at least I think it was a giggle; it sounded more like music than laughter. I turned to the source; Abigale stared at me curiously.

“You’re as thick as a door nail and as bright as a cereza, Bea deary!”

Err, what?

“Abby has her way of saying things” Taemin explained. “As I have mine,” he touched my flushed cheek. “And I say, you either have a fever or… you are blushing.”

I pushed myself up again, this time he let me. I looked around, we hadn’t moved. Taemin and I were on the bench again, he had been holding the upper half of my body while I was out and Abigale was sitting cross-legged on the ground, studying me. Held loosely above her, a lacy black umbrella shaded her entire little body.

“You are one of a pair, Bea Ramos” Huh? “You have one of two minds whom I cannot penetrate. Do you realize how exciting this is?”

Okay, I’m confused. “No, I do

Please log in to read the full chapter