4

Eyes and Soul

 

Yeolhan-dal Café

“I’m not going in!”

“Ah, wae??!” Baekhyun shouted. It was the nth time Park Chanyeol wanted to run away and worse – rip the beautiful pink dress off his body. Now that won’t do!

“I’m not going in there looking like…like this!” Chanyeol hissed, his hands gripping the hem of the flowing cloth. He was uncomfortable and suffocated. Seriously, what made Baekhyun think that wearing female garments was a good idea??

“Brilliant my !” Chanyeol grunted. Baekhyun heard him and knew where this was heading. “Let’s just go back!”

“What’s wrong with the café??” Baekhyun said. His voice was raised again. He feigned ignorance of Chanyeol’s discomfort but he was not letting go of his goal. He wanted a perfection and perfection he would get.

“It’s not the café, you idiotic bacon!!” Chanyeol shrieked.

“Then what is?!?”

To this, Chanyeol had no answer. He knew the moronic Byun Baekhyun was ignoring his complaints but couldn’t he at least have a say in the decision-making? The café was popular among their fellow students and what if one recognise him? He would be dubbed as the cross-dressing Park Chanyeol!

Park Chanyeol groaned - exasperated. Byun Baekhyun scoffed indignantly.  

A few people that passed by started looking and whispering at them as they made quite a fuss in front of the busy shop.

Tao tried to calm the two fuming males. He tried to sooth Baekhyun by rubbing the older one’s back. He wanted to hug his lover but Baekhyun pushed him away and crossly said that he didn’t want to be touched. He watched as Baekhyun stomped and disappeared into the café. Seeing his failed attempt, Tao desperately turned to the angry but still pretty Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol-hyung…”

“What??” Chanyeol snapped. He actually felt sorry for targeting his anger towards the younger boy.

It was hot and his long hair was nothing but a burden. Roughly, he swept his brownish-black mane and pulled them dangling over his left shoulder. A soft breeze brushed against his exposed nape and he internally sighed.

“Let’s just go in, hyung?” Tao said softly. He understood where Chanyeol was coming from and if he were to be in the taller one’s shoes, he probably would have reacted violently. He actually admired Chanyeol’s patience – especially dealing with his maniac of a lover.

Seeing the cute face of Huang Zi Tao, Chanyeol’s anger slowly melted away. And now, the boy just had to smile innocently up to him.

“Aigoo…” he sighed.

Tao’s smile grew. He was winning – no one could stand up to his aegyo, not even Baekhyun. But he definitely was putty in Baekhyun’s hands (Don’t tell Baekhyun that).

“Aish, alright! I’m coming in but I’m not staying for long. I hate this dress! I hate this!” Chanyeol shoved his long hair towards Tao’s face and Tao scrunched up his face in disgust. He pushed the offending fake tresses and took a step away from Chanyeol.

“Ew,” he shuddered. Chanyeol giggled despite being angry.

“Hyung, let’s think it this way – you’re not cross-dressing; you’re incognito,” Tao said as he brushed his nose. “You’re playing as a woman anyway. Baekhyunnie probably just want you to bring the character to life.”

Chanyeol thought for a while and decided that was maybe what that egoistical Baekhyun was doing. He should’ve said it earlier. Then again, Baekhyun was never really good in expressing clearly what he wanted. He just went out his way in doing things and got them done and over with. If that was what that spoilt rich brat wanted, then Chanyeol would do it then. Besides, he was a Drama student, acting should be a second nature.

“You should really teach Baekhyun some manners,” Chanyeol chided good-heartedly.

Tao sighed sheepishly.

“Come on then,” Chanyeol said. He took Tao’s hand and intertwined their fingers. He dragged the Chinese boy towards the café. Tao raised an eyebrow but didn’t comment much. It was Chanyeol’s way of saying he was sorry for being angry.

“Baekhyun is probably waiting for us, hyung,” Tao said absently.

“Yeah, and he’s probably standing alone feeling all guilty,” Chanyeol added and swung their linked hands childishly then added in a voice that surprised Tao, “you should call me noona from now on.”

Chanyeol’s deep voice was gone and now he spoke in a higher pitch. It was definitely a girl’s voice and Tao’s jaw hung in wonder.

“What? Don’t think I could do this?” Chanyeol asked the staring boy as he pointed to his mouth. Chanyeol’s girl voice was so convincing and it rendered Tao speechless.

“Wow,” he finally whistled and Chanyeol laughed. Even his laugh sounded feminine as the lanky Park Chanyeol covered his mouth. Was there a pitch control button on Chanyeol’s voice box?

“What an amazing ‘noona’ you are”

Chanyeol laughed again.

Tao being the perfect gentleman he was pushed the door open and nodded his head for Chanyeol to enter first.

“Ah~,” Chanyeol pouted, “Baekhyun is so lucky. Why can’t you be my boyfriend instead?”

The sound of the glass door colliding with the wind chime alerted the workers a new customer was coming.

And Park Chanyeol entered the warm vicinity with his head held high.

~~~

“Chan-yue…” Kris breathed out in disbelief.

The girl walked in and Kris drank in the sight of the familiar woman he had lost…a long time ago. Kris’s eyes narrowed – he was only able to see the female. She was finally reborn in her original form?

The same face he used to caress…

The same smile he used to love…

The same pale skin he used to adore as nights descended…

The same eyes that he used to stare into as soft chatters filled the night…

“It can’t be,” Kris whispered – oblivious to his surroundings. As he watched, Kris suddenly noticed there was another who was with her. A male…and he was holding her hand. ‘Chan-yue’ unlatched her hand from the unknown male and Kris stared as she loosely braided her long hair – it was the same as all those years ago.  

Kris immediately saw red. The man Chan-yue was with took her hand again and pulled her towards…somewhere.   

Is she with him now?    

Subconsciously, Kris had stood up and slowly his feet moved. He couldn’t hear Sehun calling his name. He couldn’t hear Sehun scrambling up to catch up with him at the same time asking where he was heading. He couldn’t take what he saw.

~~~  

“Wait a moment, Tao,” Chanyeol said as he brought his hands up and expertly braided his long hair and as he didn’t have anything to tie the end of his braid, he easily tied a knot with the thin ends.

This feels nostalgic…

Tao watched again mesmerised.

“Done!” Chanyeol smiled cheekily. There was a twinkle in his eyes as he reminisced.

“How did you do that??”

“What? Braid hair? I do have 4 annoying sister, you know,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he remembered the times his older sisters forced him to do their hair. There was also a fact that he used to be a woman in his past lives…

Tao laughed and he took Chanyeol’s hand again, “Let’s go find my Baekhyunnie. He’s probably waiting for us somewhere. I can’t trust you not to run away”

Chanyeol only scoffed. But it was true, he guessed. If Tao didn’t hold his hand right now, he would probably ran out and never show his face to the world again. His confidence depleted once he let go of Tao’s hand. He felt as if thousands eyes were on him right now (which was sort of true). People were actually thinking of the identity of the gorgeous ‘female’.

“Ae, I get it. I’m not going to run. Besides, who would want to be chased by a ninja? Running away would be suicide by that wushu of yours!”

“You made a good choice!”

“Argh, let’s just find Baekhyun. I swear you’re as crazy as him sometimes”

Tao dragged Chanyeol slowly treading through the throngs of people. Chanyeol followed without a word. With his sharp eyes, Tao saw his lover sitting on one of the shaded 4-seaters at the far corner of the big café slurping his chocolate milkshake with a content expression on his face. As if sensing his presence, Baekhyun looked up and smiled that beautiful eye-smile towards the younger. It was all fine already.

However, their path was suddenly blocked by a black shadow. The surprised Tao and Chanyeol both looked up to the tall stranger. Tao recognised the man as one of the popular heartbreakers in their university while Chanyeol silently gasped in shock.

                It can’t be…

“Excuse us,” Tao said politely.

The man didn’t seem to hear Tao as his angry looking eyes were locked onto Chanyeol’s face. Tao suddenly felt tense by the man’s presence. Should he fight? His muscles were already locked into a protective stance.

“Excuse me-”

“Chan-yue…” the man spoke in a voice so deep it sent shivers down Chanyeol’s spine. It sounded so desperate and full of longing. He knew that voice…

“Eh?” Tao did a double take and looked at his cross-dressing hyung. Chanyeol was looking at the man with an expression mirroring the taller newcomer.

“Yi-fan…?” Chanyeol’s feminine voice trembled.

~~~

“Yi-fan…?” she called out to Kris. Kris felt his heart leapt.

He didn’t even realised he was moving until he stood in front of the two. His eyes stayed on his beloved’s pure face and he noticed something different. She looked the same but different at the same time.

Nonetheless…

He had found her again…     

“Chan-yue,” he said again as if asking she was really who he thought she was.

A lone tear greeted his silent question.

~~~

This is a dream…It can’t be…he’s dead…I lost him…He’s not real…

 

A/N: Finally I updated. I wasn't really thinking what I wrote but hopefully it's good ^^ Tell me what u guys think and I'll try to improve and be a better writer! =) Comment and subscribe guys~! Saranghaeyo~ (wrote this while listening to Dear My Family, kekeke)

U guys can also follow me on twitter @amberc_116 ^^ 사랑을 많이주세요!

P.S Anyone wondering what one of Chanyeol's eyes look like? I can't really find the perfect one but here are a few combinations that look similar ^^