10

Eyes and Soul

 

It was chaotic. The sound of swords clashing and shouts surrounded her. But Chan-yue was alarmed when she couldn’t find him.

“Where is he?” she yelled over the voices of men at war. Fires were all over the sacred land of magick and the Phoenix’s eyes were wary and hard. Her men created a barrier around the Fire Queen as she uttered repelling charms towards the enemy. Metals clashing continued in her ears as her mind wandered off to her missing mate.

“Where is he??” She repeated to one of her men. He shook his head – he didn’t know. One of the men under her husband’s command approached her with a grave expression.

“We’ve lost sight of His Majesty, my Queen,” he said solemnly.

Chanyeol frowned and gasped…

Chan-yue frantically turned her head and as she moved, her guards blocked the attempted attacks towards the young queen. Shouts made the lady cringe and her arms wounded protectively across her flat stomach.

Chanyeol turned and whimpered…his closed eyes moving rapidly…

She was carrying their second child and she meant it as a surprise for her husband. If it wasn’t because of the war…

She regretted her decision to endanger the unborn baby yet her heart strongly told her to stay close with her mate. A Fire would always need her Dragon.      

Chan-yue’s voice rang clear, “Where is he? Where is my lord??”

Her feet ran aimlessly trying to locate her lover. She suddenly stopped when a feeling overcame her and she suddenly couldn’t breathe properly. Her fair hand flew up to her racing heart and the other tightened around her abdomen.

“No…” she whispered.

‘No,’ Chanyeol groaned. A small sob escaped his lips.

Her feet ran again and through the mindless war, she found him.

Lying on the ground with his hand over his bleeding chest was her mate, the Dragon Lord. The Queen was shocked. Her mighty king had fallen and she feared only the worst.

‘No,’ Chanyeol whimpered again. His hands clutched at his torso.

“Smile for me, love…”

“NO!! NO NO!!”

~~~

The dozing off Kris was startled when the previously sleeping male on the bed suddenly woke up with a loud and anguished scream. The slender body sat up with a start.

“NO!! NO NO!!”

Chanyeol’s mismatched eyes were filled with fear and his face had become pale again. The distraught look on his face made something within Kris tightened. A trail of tears leaked from Chanyeol’s blue eye. Chanyeol appeared to not be able to breathe as he clutched his stomach as if in pain.

Quickly, Kris got up from the chair he was sitting on and approached Chanyeol. As soon as the beauty’s wide eyes landed on Kris, he scrambled up and his thin arms flew and wrapped themselves onto Kris’ abdomen. Shocked, Kris could only let the slightly smaller man’s embrace tightened by the minute. He felt Chanyeol’s lips moving but all he could hear were incoherent slurs. He could’ve sworn he heard a very familiar language. The fact that his chest was slightly damp made him aware that the younger was crying.

Trying to keep things under control, Kris manoeuvred their bodies back to the bed. It seemed like Chanyeol was not letting go anytime soon. Slowly, Kris pried the pale arms from his torso. As much as he liked being hugged by his mate, Chanyeol’s behaviour was worrying him.

“Hey…” Kris softly called. He had managed to drag his chair and sat in front of the crying beauty. Chanyeol was still gripping the basketball captain’s arms. It seemed as though he needed to touch Kris to assure him that he was in fact there. Kris thought he needed to wait for the younger to calm down when he heard him.

“我......我以为你死了......我以为我失去了你 (I…I thought you were dead…I thought I lost you),” Chanyeol cried – his eyes still held the frantic haze. He repeated the same sentence over and over again as he clenched onto Kris’ sleeves.

Kris was surprised. This was clearly not the Chanyeol he just met. He understood then. The boy was still trapped in his nightmare and Kris had a pretty good guess what it was about.

He cupped the boy’s cheeks, trying to make the other realised.

“Hey…hey, Chanyeol…it’s over. It was just a dream – a very bad dream. I’m here now. It’s okay, it’s okay,” he gently shushed. It seemed as though he instead made the Korean-American cried even more as Chanyeol dragged Kris’ neck and buried his ginger head into the crook of his neck.

“Yi-fan…Yi-fan…”

“Yes?”

“Yi-fan…”

“It was just a nightmare…” Kris uttered. Slowly he could hear Chanyeol’s sob evened out and it was safe to say, Chanyeol had gone back to sleep.

Kris felt glad – at the very least. Gently, he moved Chanyeol to lie down and he stared at the flushed face of his once beloved wife. Seeing the younger one sad made him upset. He was about to go back to his own bed when Chanyeol had taken hold of his sleeve again.

He turned.

“Don’t leave…” a weak plea came from the red lips of the Drama student. His eyes were half-opened and Kris knew Chanyeol was not fully awake. He was still under the effect of the medicine the nurse gave…however, Kris nodded.

“Please, sleep with me…Yi-fan”

Feeling the younger one cuddled into his chest and letting out a soft sigh were the last thing Kris Wu remembered before he fell into a dreamless sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Comment and subscribe, please! Kamsahamnida! *bow*