14

Eyes and Soul

 

A/N: I am really sorry for not updating faster. These days, I really have to depend on my mood to write, it is so hard to be in those moods, I'm sorry T_T. If I don't have my muse/mood I don't think I can write and make the story exciting, huuhuu mianhae /bows apologetically/. I'm really grateful to all those subscribers and commentors who are patient with me (oh, I'm such a bad writer). But anyways, please do enjoy the chapter and gomawo to those who had been patient with me - Amber xo

 


 

Myeongdeong Street

Oh Sehun was bored. Yes, that was the exact definition of his expression. Some would even think that the boy was angry.

Sehun was just passing through the street and for a 7-year-old; he was quite the independent boy. Besides, he was taller than most for his age. It was then something caught his eyes and he stopped – right in front of a cleanly polished glass window. And he stared right through, his eyes gleaming with glee, into the shop and smirked.

It was the new pair of sneakers he had been eyeing since he first saw it in his older half-brother’s ‘Fashion Weekly’. Yes, his brother liked to read those sorts of magazines, courtesy of their mother. And by default, he flipped through that mag too. Style was important in their life.

Sehun leaned closer to the glass, almost pressing his forehead onto the window. He could of course get those shoes easily. Too bad, he didn’t bring enough money nor did he bring his card.

Sehun sighed. He weighed his options. There was only one thing to do.

He took out his phone and tapped onto the screen hurriedly, dialling a familiar number. He waited impatiently as the phone began ringing.

No matter what, he needed those shoes.

~~

“What’s so interesting out there, babe?”

Park Chanyeol’s shoulders tensed up as he felt a bigger hand clasping his own. His mind yelled at him to slap that hand away but his heart indulged him the warm comfort from the slightly calloused hand and the soft tingles – good tingles – that flowed up his spine making Chanyeol had the urge to flip his palm up so he could intertwine their hands together. He could feel eyes on his face and he knew he wanted to stare back.

Snap out of it, Chanyeol!

Putting up his brave, unaffected-Yeolie face, Chanyeol turned towards his now ‘boyfriend’ (why did he even agree to this?) and using his free right hand, he cupped Kris’ sharp chin and tugged the taller one’s face without care.

“Eyes on the road, Wu. I don’t want to die by your hands,” Chanyeol said, his annoyance amused Kris. The lovely cross dresser was clearly trying hard not to raise his voice at Kris, like a petulant child. As if to further prove Kris’ point, his hand was swatted away from Chanyeol’s. Kris yielded with a soft chuckle – a warm smooth rumble from his chest.

“And don’t call me babe,” Chanyeol huffed. Kris’ voice made his toes and fingers curled in pleasant electricity. Thankfully, Kris obliged and continued driving. A tiny voice in Chanyeol’s mind whispered: climb into his lap, Chanyeol. Curl into his embrace and just let Yi-Fan’s voice soothes me.

And he pushed that thought away.

This strange…attraction he felt – he wanted it away – his rational mind wanted it away. A part of him just knew that something bad would happen if he ever indulged it but he didn’t know what it was or how bad exactly. Just like somehow, he knew Kris felt this attraction too. The difference was – Kris wanted it, wanted to be with him (claiming loving ‘her’, the Chan-Yue in him – her soul) while Chanyeol was barely grasping his still inadequate memories. He was conflicted – he didn’t know what to do. He had lived in fear someone would call him crazy for having these memories.

A soft tune rang in the car and broke Chanyeol out of his thoughts.

‘EXO – What Is Love’

Park Chanyeol knew that song – he loved the new band’s music, courtesy of Luhan’s and Baekhyun’s fan boy-ing over them (the cute and handsome boys, they said). He was surprised Kris even knew the song much less made it his ringtone.

He glanced curiously as Kris looked at his phone, read the caller’s ID – ‘Hun’, and raised his eyebrow before tapping his earpiece, answering it. Chanyeol really disapproved of this taking call while driving even though the car slowed down slightly and Kris’ eyes were still trained onto the road.

“Yeah, what do you want?”

Chanyeol thought the basketball captain sounded rude but who knows?

“Why?”

Kris didn’t sound amused. He sounded annoyed – like the one where people went ‘you should do this’ and you answered with that ‘why’.

“Where’s yours?”

It was a long slightly long silence.

“Seriously? You have shoes!”

“I don’t see the difference, Hun-”

Kris sighed before muttering a defeated, “Where are you right now?”

Myeongdeong? Wha- why are you even there? How did you get there in the first place? –sigh- never mind, don’t answer that. Wait, don’t you have class?”

Kris’ eyes met Chanyeol’s heterochromic ones before he focused back to the conversation.

“Just wait for me there…Yeah, I’ll be there - just stay there! - I’m going to drop by the uni first.”

Kris sighed again before muttering more ‘yes’ – each increasingly annoyed. Then he hung up.

Without thinking Chanyeol blurted out, “Everything okay?”

Kris gave him a smile – everything’s just fine. And Chanyeol pursed his lips, prodding no more.

It wasn’t long before Kris drove through their university’s front gates and pulled into the slightly busy student’s parking lot. Silently, the two exited the car with Kris immediately taking Chanyeol’s sling bag and file and handed them to the other. Chanyeol accepted them saying a small thank you, before turning around.

“Hey,” Kris called, clasping the younger one’s hand and making Chanyeol turned to the taller one.

“Listen,” he leaned down and looked Chanyeol straight in his eyes, “I have to go out now – my brother’s facing his ‘midlife crisis’ – that is if it were up to me, I’d ignore him but I can’t,” Kris sighed dramatically.

Chanyeol giggled unintentionally – feeling sorry for the other guy but also enjoying Kris Wu’s blatant annoyance. He patted Kris’ arm – a silent you’ll be fine’ and felt the muscular biceps. 

“I swear his purpose in life is to kill me,” Kris muttered. “Can you do me a favour? I think I will be running late…so can you please tell Professor Lee about it? You’ll find him in the Business Department. Anyways, Park Chanyeol, remember our deal.”

The smile was instantly wiped off Chanyeol’s face. The Drama-Music major scowled. For a moment, he was thinking how Kris was actually tolerable and now he was reminded that he was currently blackmailed by the other.

“Hmmph,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “you think I can forget that? Just go.”

Chanyeol made a shooing motion with Kris’ hand still holding his.

“Alright, I didn’t mean to get you annoyed. Just saying,” Kris grinned before opening his door.

“Yeah right, you are a natural in annoying people,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, clasping his file to his chest, eyeing the other’s movements. A small part of him enjoyed the moment.

“See you later, babe,” Kris said. And before Chanyeol’s brain registered it, his lips were kissed.

When he realised it, the white Lamborghini was already out of his sight. And a pink-faced Chanyeol cursed his luck that morning as he stomped into the building – heading to the Business Department of ‘that bastard! How dare he steal my first kiss!’

~~

“Uh-huh, I’m here. Where are you?”

“Near the ice-cream parlour, yeah yeah- by Blackbird’s bookstore. Yeah, here.”

“I see you. Stay put Sehun.”

Almost instantly, Kris’ white car stopped in front of him. Sehun grinned, jumping off the bench he was sitting on – immediately shoving his phone inside his school pants.

Kris came out – casually wearing just a white tee, black jeans. His brother was trading his shades for his glasses.

“Hurry up, ge, somebody will take it if you don’t hurry!” Sehun tugged at Kris’ arm as the car ‘beeped’ locked.

“Thank you,” Kris nodded as the lady cashier handed him his card. Sehun was quick to snatch the bag containing his new pair of shoes off the counter earning a reprimanding glare from Kris.

“Thanks, ge,” Sehun grinned happily. The slight lisp made him more like the kid he was.

“Sometimes I don’t know what to do with you.” Kris pushed the glass door open and his 7-year-old brother bounded out excitedly.

“So you know, you should just agree with me, ge,” Sehun replied. His hands were itching to unpack the box and donned his new shoes on. He’d wear them to school tomorrow.

Kris smirked at his younger brother’s witty reply. His brother was beyond intelligent for his age and the 22-year-old was proud of him.

“Remind me to report your teacher for allowing students out freely.”

“Miss Kwon’s water broke! She had to go to the hospital.”

“Yeah, but the school should assign a sub, Hun.”

“They did and she let us out early since she doesn’t teach English. She was a Math teacher, ge.”

Debating with Sehun was a lost cause. You couldn’t win against that sharp-tongued twit.

Kris sighed before patting Sehun’s head, dragging him into the car.

“Let’s just get you home.”

“By the way, ge, please buy me bubble milk tea?”

~~

Seoul National University, Business and Economics department – staffroom

Chanyeol squirmed as the aged male teacher squinted at him through his thick horn-rimmed glasses before sliding the eye accessory down his nose and scrutinised him some more. He felt exposed – like a chicken on display, the grilled ones. Oh, that wasn’t helping.

Oh Lord, help me

He prayed. The only other person in the staffroom was the young professor Jung Yunho. Chanyeol would’ve trade Kris’ teacher with that one if it meant he didn’t have to be so intensely stared at.  

“And you are…?”

“P-Park Chanyeol, Lee seonsaeng-nim,” Chanyeol cleared his throat. The old teacher nodded.

“What’s your business with me, young lady? I don’t recall having you in my classes,” he smiled.

Chanyeol fidgeted. “Actually, I’m a friend of Kris Wu, sir…and he asked me to pass a message that he is probably running a little late for your class…sir.”

The man in his 50s chuckled, nodding his head to himself. Chanyeol could see the kind and calm face of the man, adorned with marks of old age. Hmmm, he looked okay without squinting at Chanyeol.

“Ah, that student of mine. Very diligent he is. Did he say why?”

“Erm…he said something about having to – uh – help his brother with his…’midlife crisis’…?”

To this Professor Lee let out a hearty laugh and startled Chanyeol slightly. The young man offered a forced polite smile. He was baffled by the lecturer’s reaction. He was sure that that was the reason Kris gave him. Was that big oaf lying to him?

“I see, that Sehun always is a troublemaker,” Professor Lee smiled, still lightly chuckling. Chanyeol wasn’t sure if he was supposed to answer that so he didn’t.

The lecturer swivelled in his chair, pulling out a folder from in front of him – an attendance file – before writing something on a small post-it and putting it on the file and placing it neatly on the side of his desk.

He turned to face Chanyeol, who was becoming increasingly awkward and said his thanks for Chanyeol’s information. That was Chanyeol’s cue to leave and he bowed hastily.

He only began to breathe regularly after he marched across departments and entered his class for the day – Drama. Curse that (handsome) Kris Wu for making him missed his Music class.

And upon entering, Chanyeol’s head throbbed as he caught sight of a Cheshire-like grinning Baekhyun who immediately signalled him to sit next to him.

Chanyeol groaned. Could his day get any worse?


 

A/N 2: My many thanks to NeesaAli, nfam90, Nari-shi, Ashe1001, Kurrokochi, sooin16, Alice_loveNiel, LuciferGirl97, mellissa, coco_pinky, jantinekpopfan93, claaboy, -StAlKeR_, GoldyAce, colorsnharmony, cnbluefan, Lilmisschique, chigire, kitten83, morrastar, latomato, evejenni, hyundeul, fudruckers, Skyrumen818, lastlaughlane, izumimimi, zwolftenaugust, J4310U, sweet_elvin, leonagoh97, byebye12, yuu8713, ing, hell-odear, noonaneuneu, JijoTaiwa1108, senseirikku, micoCHOCO, charlotte96 and many others that commented before chapter 13 & 12 /you lot make me cry~ happy of course/

hehe, thanks for all the comments, I really want to say thanks for all the enthusiasm and support. I really love you guys haha ^^ Without you guys, who will I write for? 

credits for all photos: people from tumblr ^^ ~remarkable photogra-fans~