16

Eyes and Soul

          “The world is spinning...or are my eyes spinning? My head spinning?” Park Chanyeol murmured as the walkway titled. His eyes squinted, and he shook his brown mane lightly in an attempt to clear his head of the heavy ache. He groaned and stopped.

          A certain Kris Wu perked up by his side.   

          “Hey, you okay?”

          “Do I look okay to you?” Chanyeol snapped before a moan graced out his pouty lips. He gripped his bag’s strap, knuckles protruding white.

          “Jeez, no need to bite my head off, I was just asking,” Kris snickered as he fumbled with his bag, slinging it to his front before taking a pale olive-green tumbler out. He nudged the Drama/Theatre student by the shoulder and Chanyeol looked up.

          “Here,” Kris held it out. “Drink.”

          But Chanyeol didn’t take it. He eyed the bottle suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at Kris before frowning at the innocent bottle in the other’s hand.

          Kris sighed. “It’s just water. Come on, I’m not gonna poison you or sedate you, or feed you aphrodisiac then take you into my bed.”

          The 21-year-old student suddenly backed away, eyes wide and face appalled. “You!” he rasped out.

          “Oh for God sake! You’re not thinking I’ll actually do that, are you? Goodness! Here, drink some,” Kris grunted, flicking Chanyeol’s frowning forehead lightly.

         Chanyeol whimpered but he (gladly) received the bottle. But still, he eyed the smug-looking giant charily. His head throbbed again and the water down his parched throat relieved him a little.

          “Maybe you should sit down, you know,” Kris suggested, “kissing the floor looks like a possible next action for you.”

          To that Chanyeol mock-punched Kris’s shoulder, mouth silent as he gulped down some more of the cool liquid.

          “Ha ha, very funny,” Chanyeol replied sarcastically. The tumbler exchanged hands and Kris bagged it again, but not before giving Chanyeol a sly smirk and drank from it.

          Indirect kiss.            

          The Drama student ignored him, rolling his eyes at Kris’s childishness and walked out of the open hallway and into the college yard, heading for one of the random stone picnic tables. There was a bit of shade and the stone was thankfully cool as Chanyeol plopped down on the adjoined seat. He rested his head on the marble, sighing as he got comfortable. Eyes closed, and mind relaxed.

          He heard the small noises as Kris joined him, sitting too close for comfort. Chanyeol could feel the body heat radiating from him. But the younger one was way too exhausted to tell him off. As long as the basketball captain kept his hands to himself, Chanyeol planned on staying exactly where he was.

          But obviously the other had other plans as Park Chanyeol felt the fingers on his brow, playing with his brown locks. Kris was mute, but the affectionate touches reminded him that his ‘fake boyfriend’ was still there. Amazingly enough, Chanyeol didn’t find the need to push the other away. It was lulling him to a snooze and he didn’t feel so dreadful anymore.

          Minutes passed when Chanyeol’s mismatched eyes opened – hooded in a trance. Kris looked down at him, head supported on his elbow, gaze as tender as his dancing fingers.

          At that moment, Chanyeol wanted to forget.

          Forget who he was.

          Who Chan-yue was.

          Forget who Kris was.

          Who Yi-fan was.

          Forget that he was pretending to be a girl for the sake of his degree.

          Forget that Kris had suddenly invaded his life.

          Forget that he couldn’t find the existence of sense anymore...

          Forget anything...

          And forget everything.

          At that moment, Kris and Chanyeol were only two people. In a closed-off momentary world, away from everything that might concern them once Chanyeol broke free of his stupor. Kris seemed to hold his exact thoughts as they stare into each other’s eyes – assessing, taking in the other as much as the eyes could offer.

          Here were two people who took comfort in each other’s presence and now was when Chanyeol realised how strongly he felt for the other, how he knew but not knew, how he wanted to express his feelings but couldn’t find the right word for it.

          And Chanyeol’s lids fluttered close when Kris’s lips touched his eyelashes.

          For a moment there, in his sleep-muddled mind, Chanyeol admitted he belonged with Kris.  

~~

 

SNU, cafeteria      

          As soon as Kris Wu charmingly whisked his best friend away, Byun Baekhyun was rooted in his seat for a long time.

          There was this feeling of awe when he saw the two together. He couldn’t believe how...how...perfect they stood next to each other. Just by standing next to each other! And that was when ideas popped into his head and he began to furiously write dialogues and scenarios into his trusty little notebook. Biting the end of his pencil, his imagination took off and Baekhyun grinned.

          “Can’t wait to show this to madam Cho,” Baekhyun tittered. He planned on typing his draft into a proper play script and then to show it to the HOD of Theatre and get her approval. He was going to have it showcased for the festival.

 

~~

 

SNU, cafeteria

          Kim Minseok was a mutual friend of Luhan and Kai. He usually hung out with Luhan when the deer was alone – sometimes listening to Luhan busy mooning over his boyfriend, Kai when the dancer couldn’t spare some time from his busy schedule and asked Minseok to accompany the Chinese student.

          Minseok also knew Kris Wu through Kai. Him being the college’s soccer team’s midfielder sometimes exchanged polite greetings with the basketball ace. Their sports might differ but the sportsmanship was probably the one thing they had in common. They’ve talked too, comfortable enough to label their relationship as ‘friends’.

          And he knew for one, that Kris didn’t have a girlfriend. Or so he thought.

          The rumours said differently.

          He was gone for a few days; a friendly soccer match with another university occupied him. And the new gossip around school reached his ears.

          “Kris has a girlfriend?” he murmured in disbelief. Kai nodded, picking up a curly French fry and popping it into his mouth.

          “A drama student, Park Chanyeol.”

          Minseok frowned. “That’s an odd name for a girl...”

          Kai shrugged. He suddenly beamed when Luhan came up to them; all talk about Kris’s girlfriend flew out the window.

          Luhan might seem shy but that didn’t mean he wasn’t talkative. And the midfielder was left to ponder.

          He’d like to meet this girl who managed to break Kris’s shell and entered his heart.  

         

          ~~

 

          None of them said anything about it. It was like there was an unspoken rule that they shouldn’t mention anything about their ‘moment’.

          Chanyeol, in particular, avoided Kris’s eyes. He knew if he did look into those eyes, he’d fall under their spell. He wasn’t ready to accept. Accept what, he didn’t really know. And he didn’t want to.

          It was an honest mistake on his part. Now sober, he was in denial.

          The car slowed down and stopped in front of Chanyeol’s apartment building. Kris opened his door for him, like the perfect gentleman he was. And they stood in silence, with Chanyeol still avoiding the other’s gaze, looking at their shoes instead.

          “Do you have any classes tomorrow?” Kris asked softly.

          The 21-year-old student shook his head no.

          Kris hummed above him. Chanyeol moved his legs nervously.

          “Chanyeol, look at me,” the older of the two demanded. He didn’t wait for Chanyeol to do it, his fingers already touched Chanyeol’s chin and lifted the other’s face to him.

          Reluctantly, Chanyeol did meet his eyes. The war inside his head was reflected on his eyes.

          “We don’t have to...talk about it now,” Kris began, his eyes softening as he stared into the dual-coloured beautiful eyes. He could feel and see Chanyeol’s discomfort. Any moment, Chanyeol could close himself in and Kris wouldn’t be able to reach the other. He didn’t want that.

          “But, if there’s anything, anything at all, you can always come to me,” he ended. He couldn’t understand what conflict Chanyeol was having and wished that he could help solve the strange tension between them.

          He wanted Park Chanyeol.

          In this life and any next life that would follow.

          Park Chanyeol backed away from Kris, and already Kris wanted to scoop the other back into his embrace, kiss those lips and take him away to somewhere they could be alone.

          “I’ll...see you around,” Chanyeol murmured, eyes darting up to look at Kris and quickly going back to the ground. He turned and headed toward the entrance, never once looking back at Kris.

          But Kris’s heart grew light.

          “I’ll see you around,” he echoed back with a satisfied smirk.

          He’d see Chanyeol soon enough. 

 

 


 

Author's note: 

Oh my god, I took forever to update ==" But...tadah~ Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's not much. A filler but I hope you guys like it. And I apologise if you find the writing style or the feel to the story is different, because I think my style changes? Probably the influence from all that I've been reading. 

A massive thanks and a lot of XOXO to all the subscribers and for all the enthusiastics or desperate (LOL) comments, I read them all and I appreciate the support! ^_^ 

And...I think I'l stop here. Don't wanna bore you with my note. I know some doesn't even read this part LOL

xx, Amber