11

Eyes and Soul

 

The campus ground

Luhan was humming to a song from his favourite band, EXO as he strolled through the hallway – on his way to the library for his free period. He was in his usual happy mood and he couldn’t help but imagine the dark-skinned visual of the boy group he’d been fan-boying since their debut. His heart fluttered as he silently gushed over the group’s dancing machine. Of course, his boyfriend knew nothing about his celebrity crush. Luhan chuckled to himself as he imagined how Kai would react if he knew.

They’ve been going out for a while now and that was saying something. Luhan still couldn’t believe it sometimes that someone as handsome as Kai would like him. Every time when he told Kai about his doubts, the younger would always scoff at him.

“Nonsense,” he would say, “you’re perfect for me and don’t let others tell you otherwise – remember that.”

Even though Kai’s bluntness could be offending to people who didn’t know him, Luhan knew his boyfriend meant good. He liked that about Kai – never beating around the bush and always honest.

Suddenly, a pair of arms circled around his waist and shocked the living daylight out of Luhan and before he knew it, he was pulled into a black mist and felt his stomach churned. Before he realised, he was somewhere else. The Music student gasped. Luhan’s legs felt weak but someone was holding him from falling.

“Did I scare you, baby?”

A deep chuckle resonated close to Luhan’s ears.

Luhan took a deep breath before screaming, “Are you crazy??”

He turned around to see a snickering Kai. The latter knew that Luhan wasn’t really that angry – if he was, Kai would be flying 20 metres above ground or stuck onto walls with a powerful force pressing onto his body with no mercy.

Kai laughed again and Luhan’s face automatically lifted – making a smile appeared on his baby face. Even if he wanted to, Luhan could never get mad at Kai. And Kai knew about that well.

Luhan wrapped his thin arms around Kai’s neck and Kai pulled their bodies closer. It was silence as a mutual understanding and longing passed between the two. Even when they were separated for a very long time, eventually they found each other again.

The air shifted and an intense feeling lingered in the air.

I missed you, Xun-yang,” Luhan whispered into Kai’s ear. He could feel the Kai’s smirk on his temple.

“It’s been so long since you last call me by that name, Luhan,” Kai softly said. His voice was barely above whisper. Luhan pulled back as he stared at Jongin’s melted brown eyes. Their eyes held the same ageless look – ancient and weary.

“It’s so hard to believe that we can be together like this,” Luhan whispered lovingly. His small slender hands traced Kai’s face and Kai let himself be caressed by Luhan’s gentle fingers.

Kai bent down and softly kissed Luhan’s pouty and full lips. It was tender, long gone was his usual playfulness as the two reminisced their ageless love.

“Believe it now, Luhan, you can’t get rid of me easily this time,” Kai smirked. Luhan tittered, placing his head on the crook of Kai’s pronounced collarbone. He sighed in content.

“I love you, Xun-yang…forever.”

“As I will forever love you, Hua-yin.”

They were after all, the dark and the light, the cold and hot, black and white, night and day – they were two of the same, Kai was the strength to Luhan’s gentleness; without one the other would be lost.

Their bond was intertwined in the stars.

Kai was the yang to Luhan’s yin. They were the Yang and Yin.

~~~

Student’s Lounge

Head bent over his notebook, writing profusely on its papers was Byun Baekhyun. His soft hair was occasionally blown by the wind from the air-conditioner and messed his strategically placed locks up.

‘Shim Changmin? Hmmm, no…Choi Minho? No, I have to ask him to wear insoles. Choi Siwon? Nah, although his acting is extremely good, he doesn’t really match with Chanyeol. Who else??’

He sighed. “My Tao? Although he has all that I want in the hero but his Korean, although it’s cute but…”

The 21-year-old huffed. ‘This is no good.’

That Chinese boyfriend of his had his business class at the moment. Baekhyun didn’t have the mood to socialise with anybody either so here he was alone. Chanyeol was still in the nurse bay – hopefully resting – and he didn’t want to disturb his best friend. Let him rest, he thought.

Baekhyun sighed again and pouted. ‘Where can I find the perfect lead male for Chanyeol??’ he thought.

“Hey, hey, have you heard!?”

Sudden squealing by a group of girls near him caught his attention. Oh, new school gossips?

“What is it this time?” Baekhyun muttered, curious and was leaning forward. This gossip better be something good…

Thankfully the girls sat on the table near his and didn’t bother to keep their voices down. One, who looked like the leader started talking.

“That handsome basketball captain of ours is actually dating a Music student all this time!”

“Ah, jinjja?? No way!”

“Oh yes! They say they saw him with her and they were holding hands!”

“Is she pretty?” “Why would our precious Kris wants to be with her??” “This is unacceptable!” “No! Our handsome Kris!”

Multiple protests came from the girls and the ‘news-bringer’ shushed them.

“Hey, hey! Let me finish, girls!”

“Why is he with her? He had rejected most of our campus beauties! There’s no way an unknown girl can steal him away just that!”

Her friends agreed with that one girl. The leader than snapped that the others should listen to her first before saying anything. They quieted down.

“That’s the thing, guys! From the rumours, the girl is very very beautiful! The basketball guys said that she was like an angel. She’s mixed too cus they say her eyes are blue!”

Eh?

Omo, really!? I want to see what she looks like!”

“She’s tall too, like taller than even most guys! I think she’s over 180 and Kris is like 188 or something. Can you believe that?!”

“Wow! We need to see this girl! What’s her name?”

“I don’t know! That’s another thing, girls. Nobody really know who she is, they say she’s a transfer student. But her name’s Korean, I think – Park…something. And you know what? Kris is not in his business class today – he ditched with his girlfriend, that’s what everybody says anyway.”

EH?

Omo, we better get going! I got psychology after this. See you later!”

“Bye, Jin-ah yah!”

Baekhyun watched as the group scattered away, still talking about the latest story. His heart was suddenly thumping too hard.

“Kris…hmmm…” Baekhyun mumbled. He heard about that infamous basketball captain, Kris Wu but he had never seen him in person before. His eyes widened.

Wait, so the girl they were talking about was probably Chanyeol…and he knew this Kris guy?

An idea formed in his mind and quickly he scribbled a plan in his white notebook. He then quickly pushed his books into his bag and hurriedly exited the cool student’s lounge.

“Kris Wu eh…” Baekhyun grinned. ‘Perfect!’

~~~

“Nnngh…” Chanyeol moaned and sighed into his comfortable and warm pillow. Just a few more minutes…

He was on the verge of waking up but the snug position he was in made him reluctant to open his eyes.

That was until his pillow shifted and groaned.

Wait, pillows don’t groan…do they? And they don’t hug back either…

Park Chanyeol’s eyes flew open in record time and his body froze. His pillow groaned again and it had arms! And they were cosy around his waist.

The haze cleared from his mind as he registered that his head was sleeping on top of a built chest – breathing evenly. He was sleeping on…somebody!

‘Don’t panic, Chanyeol,’ he thought as he started hyperventilating. The last thing he remembered was closing his eyes from the drowsiness – the effect of his pills. And there were the nurse…and Kris Wu…

Chanyeol tilted his head slowly, dreading that his assumption was correct. He bit his lips when he saw the peacefully sleeping face of one persistent (when awake) Kris Wu. 

What happened? How in the world did he end up sleeping on this guy’s chest? More importantly, why was this guy not letting him go??

As if sensing Chanyeol’s plan to get out of the bed, the sleeping Kris groaned again and tightened his hold effectively pulling Chanyeol closer.

Chanyeol mentally screamed. Slowly, he wrapped his fingers around Kris’ good wrist and started pulling it off.

‘So far so good, Yeol,’ he thought, biting his lip in concentration. He wasn’t planning to wake the big guy soon.

‘Who knows what he’ll want from me again…’

Okay, the other one, Chanyeol silently sighed. The Music major eyed Kris’ arm that was still holding onto his blouse. Mindful of the other’s injury, Chanyeol stretched his leg onto the floor. He’d pry the hand off once he was on his feet. That way, it’d be easier for him to run before the guy wake up.

‘So far so good…’

His other foot was almost touching the ground when he heard the sudden bang of the door being opened. Fast stomping alerted him that the intruder was definitely heading his way. There was only him and the big oaf so - duh.

“CHANYEOL-AH!”     

That was when his panic set in again. Baekhyun! He’s here!   

Chanyeol gasped when he heard Kris grumbled – he was waking up! He automatically stiffened when Kris’ arms were creeping back around his waist. Oh no!

“Chanyeol-ah! I- !”

The curtain slid open and a smiling Baekhyun gasped before widening his eyes.

Park Chanyeol stared back – eyes equally wide and panicked.

‘Oh shoot…’ 

 

 

 

A/N: So how was it? Hehe ^^ Comment and subsribe everybody~ and thank you for reading *bows* ^^,