7

Eyes and Soul

 

“Can we talk? I have something to say to you…Chan-yue.”

~~~

“Where are you taking me? And will you please let go of my arm? Yi-fan-sshi?”

Kris glanced back to the girl he was practically dragging. Well, he refused to call it dragging as the girl had pretty much no problem keeping up with his strides. Her red button nose twitched again and she brought up her tissue to cover it. Her soft sniffles reached his ears again. Her thin arm in his hold was also warm.

“Somewhere,” he replied vaguely. The girl puffed up her cheeks and rolled her eyes in annoyance. Kris had been giving her the same answer since she went with him willingly from the cafeteria.

-FLASHBACK-

“Can we talk? I have something to say to you…Chan-yue,” Kris said, his voice even and confident. He saw the same girl who’d been in his mind lately.

I should take every chance I can get, Kris thought. He eyed her as she scoured the open area for any seats. She looked just as beautiful as when he saw her the first time in this lifetime. He tuned out all the chatters of the jocks and stood up.

“Kris! Where are you going?” Choi Minho, one of his best buddies called out. The others turned when they noticed their leader was about to go off.

Kris turned and at that exact moment, an outrageous plan formed in his head and he smirked in delight.

I did promise myself I’ll get her back…

“Just…somewhere,” he began. He knew he had caught their attention with his suspicious answer. True to his thoughts, the boys began to stare at him like he had grown another head.

The basketball captain….always tell.

Kris was as very straightforward, no unnecessary secret kind of guy. And now, here he was giving a questionable answer.

This was just blasphemous!

The smug smirk was still on the Chinese player’s face as he left his crowd. The curious stares bore holes on his tall back.

I’ll let them spread whatever nonsense…

His eyes found his ‘mate’ again as she ambled her way towards a flailing guy. Her tall height made it easier for Kris to spot her among the black and brown heads.

 She just stood out.

Her soft smile caught his heart in a loop again. The soft sunlight that streamed through into the area played on her brown hair and they made her seemed ethereal – a beautiful angel with a glowing halo.

Kris Wu hastened his steps and reflexively caught her wrist.

She turned around with a smile on her red lips and it took Kris’s breath away. But the smile didn’t last as a shock mask covered her flushed face. He stared into those different eyes of the lady. One of her eyes was blue in this lifetime. Chan-yue was beautiful but seeing her now – she was simply stunning. Before she could compose herself, Kris uttered his subtle plea.

She appeared conflicted as she glanced towards her supposed destination. Kris followed her eyes. Ah! He recognised those two men from the café and he raised an eyebrow when he saw Kai. Kai held up a hand in greeting and Kris nodded.

“I…”

Kris snapped back to the beautiful girl. She sighed.

“Alright, but I need to put this down,” she lifted her tray slightly and Kris nodded again. Her voice was huskier now and worriedly Kris asked.

“You sick?” His hand went up to her slightly chubby pink cheek.

It was as if it was a perfectly normal thing for Kris to do…touching her was as easily done as breathing.

She didn’t turn away from his touch – she leaned in closer in fact and hummed an affirmation. Or maybe she just had no strength left to push him away. His cool hand felt nice. Her smooth skin was warm but not to the point that it was uncomfortably hot.

“Let me,” Kris took the tray with his withdrawn hand – the other still holding her wrist. He pulled her along with him.

“Just put it on my table, please?” her slightly throaty voice said. However, Kris didn’t want to do it. He knew questions would be asked and truthfully speaking, he wanted to avoid anybody and just talk with her in private. They may even not let him take her away.

The tall 22-year-old placed the brown tray on one of the nearby table – an occupied one. The people sitting there looked up in surprise but Kris’s face was void of any emotions. 4 pretty girls stared up at him with jaws slackened. It was obvious from their faces that these girls were a few from many that had tried to win his attention before.

“Wha-,” ‘Chan-yue’ wanted to protest. She bought those food!

“We’ll worry about it later. If it’s not there when we got back, I’ll buy you a new one,” Kris said; his voice held finality as they made their way out earning more than several glances at the two. There were Kris’s basketball mates, the people on Kai’s table, the shocked girls on the table the brown tray was left…the list went on. Who wouldn’t stare when the cold and handsome heartbreaker, the tall basketball captain was with an equally tall unknown girl – a beautiful one at that – making their way out of the cafeteria?

Well, there went some rumours now…

-END OF FLASHBACK-

“You’ve been saying that like…a dozen times now,” she huffed. Her long legs strode with ease.

“And you’ve been asking the same question a dozen times already,” Kris mocked. She angrily whined about Kris’s steel grip on her arm again at the same time twisting it. Kris was not going to let go now even if she was following him willingly.

Kris’s big hand slid down and clasped their hand together. He intertwined their fingers and marvelled how well they fit and complemented each other.

A few passers-by were staring at them again. They even whispered and shamelessly pointed at the couple. Blame Kris’s popularity…    

“Gah! Why are you holding my hand??”

“Why can’t I? It’s not like we haven’t done something more than this,” Kris grinned earning a hard smack on his shoulder. He had made her face even redder.

“Yah! W-When did we?! I only met you once!”

Kris pulled her up the staircase at the end of the hallway. She followed albeit puzzled.

“We did…Chan-yue…”

It suddenly clicked in her mind that he was talking about their past life…

~~~

“My name is not Chan-yue; it’s Chanyeol…Park Chanyeol, Yi-fan-sshi,” Chanyeol breathed out. His nose crinkled again as he felt a sneeze coming. But it never came; only a sigh escaped his dry lips and he was extremely glad for it. The ringing in his ears was annoying.

“You shouldn’t be calling me Yi-fan either. The name’s Kris Wu,” Kris smiled sincerely.

At the top of the stairs was a dull white door and Kris pushed it open slowly. So slow that Chanyeol had the time to adjust his view…

Kris pulled Chanyeol in and Chanyeol couldn’t help but let out gasps of admiration for the vast space.

The rooftop was an ultimate garden itself and he fell in love with the sight.

“Come, sit here with me,” Kris pulled the Korean-American slowly towards one of the wooden seats and they lapsed into a comfortable silence as Kris watched Chanyeol venerated everything those mismatched doe eyes could take in.

The sky was cloudy but there was no sign it was going to rain. The soft breeze caressed his warm cheeks. Chanyeol’s slender fingers ran softly along the flowers by his side. He had temporarily forgotten about Kris’s presence and his hand that was still in the older one’s clasp until he heard a relaxed sigh.

“Oh,” Chanyeol began, “you wanted to say something to me…”

No response.

“Talk now, I still want to eat,” Chanyeol demanded. He pouted when the other was not talking. What was the point of bringing him all the way to the abandoned rooftop if he was going to stay mute?

The Drama student turned his head and jolted when he saw that Kris was staring at his face with that unfathomable expression…Chanyeol was almost lost in those solemn brown eyes when Kris’s deep yet gentle voice echoed.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’re meant to find each other…even in this lifetime!

What??

 

A/N: Mianhaeyo readers, I was about to post this yesterday but I got sick. I'm not going to school today...so I decided to just post this up. ^^ Don't worry about Our History, I'm not abandoning it, hehe, I'm building up the drama and currently editing it. Gamsahamnida to those who have read and comment on this story *bows* Manhi sarangjusaeyo

Please follow me on twitter @amberc_116, I tend to answer there more than here, any questions I'll be gladly to answer~~ gamsahamnida! xoxo