2

Eyes and Soul

 

A/N: I got home early and was like 'Hey, why not update?' So here it is, it's a bit slow tho and I feel it might be boring...Ok, not to ramble much but hope you enjoy it! The support was very much appreciated, THANK YOU ^^ So, onto the story~

 

Morning, 7.14 am

Park Chanyeol groaned as he blindly swatted his at bedside table for the alarm clock. Grunting, he slammed his palm onto the snooze button and the incessant beeping died down abruptly. Sluggishly, the sleepy university student sat up on his too-comfortable-to-get-out-from bed and swung his long, thin legs onto the floor. He yelped when his foot touched the cold ground and that was enough of a wake-up call for the boy. His eyes widened and his brain cleared up from his induced sleepy haze. Chanyeol cursed when his body trembled again.

This was a daily occurrence in the solo apartment of Park Chanyeol. The slim boy would wake up, curse the floor, and take a long and soothing shower before prepare his breakfast for one. The only difference that morning was that he was interrupted by the continuous shrill of his doorbell. Well, whoever was outside the door had got to have a very low patience level.

Frowning, the 21-year-old put his spoon down and walked to the door.

“Alright! Alright! I’m coming already!” He shouted but the doorbell was still jabbed onto.

Flinging the door open, Chanyeol let out an annoyed huff, “What?”

“Ooooh, feisty! Good morning, Chanyeol-ah!”

The uninvited guest zoomed past the angry home owner, dragging along with him a taller man. The one who was dragged bowed politely to Chanyeol. And smiled sheepishly as an apology for the rude intrusion. The shorter of the two carelessly threw his bags onto Chanyeol’s couch and turned around to the grumpy 'host'. The taller one bowed again and said his insa once he was still.

“Well, at least someone has manners unlike you, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol glared at the still smiling friend of his. He returned the other one’s greeting.

“Pshh, like you don’t know me,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and waved his hands dismissively. “A~nyway, I came here for a reason!”

“What? To make me cook breakfast for you?”

“Puh~lease! I have Tao to do that for me. Ain’t I right, honey?” Baekhyun scoffed then smiled lovingly at his taller but younger lover. He had fallen for the boy long before Tao knew of his existence. And now that they were finally together, Baekhyun planned on never letting his lover go.

The soft-spoken Chinese lad nodded. His arm was draped protectively Baekhyun’s slim waist. Giggling, Baekhyun pecked the black-haired male’s cheek and a goofy smile graced the younger’s face. Now, the two of them were staring into each other’s eyes and were lost to their surroundings.   

Chanyeol groaned and facepalmed. This was not what he wanted to see early in the morning!

“Oh God! Don’t you guys go lovey-dovey now! I don't need to see this!”

Baekhyun broke his eye contact with Tao and smirked at the disgruntled Chanyeol, “Why? Jealous?”

“Argh, you’re such a spoilt brat!” Chanyeol threw his arms in the air and stomped his way back into the kitchen.

“What do you want from me anyway?” he hollered as he sat down and scooped up his now soaked Coco Pops. Baekhyun followed him and settled himself into the seat in front of Chanyeol, subconsciously acting all proper. The product of his priveleged upbringing. The lanky boy ignored his friend. Baekhyun saw this as the signal to start talking.

“Last night, Professor Oh texted me; she said we’re gonna do a historical play for the upcoming Drama Festival. And since I’m the class leader, she wants me to pick a play and choose the actors. I’m planning to start the practice later. Oh! I’m so excited I’m gonna die!” Baekhyun squealed and Chanyeol turned a deaf ear.

“So, I found this perfect play and I made you one of the main protagonists,” Baekhyun continued. He stared pleadingly at the passive Chanyeol. Uncomfortable with the exaggerated aegyo attack, Chanyeol agreed angrily. Seriously, he wasn’t in the mood for a hyperactive bunny. Seeing that he finished the chocolate cereal, Chanyeol poured some more into his bowl of discoloured milk.

“Yes! Thank you! Thank you!” Baekhyun jumped up and slapped Chanyeol’s back in happiness. The boy almost choked on his food and pushed Baekhyun away from him.

“Oh well, I’m going now! Enjoy your breakfast,” Baekhyun sang. Chanyeol hummed as to say his goodbye.

However, the older one stopped by the doorway and turned back to face Chanyeol who was munching slowly.

“Ah! I nearly forgot. You’re playing the main heroine! So later, I’m going to doll you up prettily! Bye!” 

This time, Chanyeol did choke on his food. He swallowed quickly and let out a disbelieving scream.

“What??’’

~~~

“Tell me again why I’m doing this…”

 

A/N: Yeah, it's a short one ^^" Anyway~ COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! ^^ <3 I like Taobaek~~