5

Eyes and Soul

 

A/N: Annyeong~ Here's a small update. Just some random things but it's essential for the story. Hope you guys enjoy it! Do comment and subscribe, arasseo? Hehe, thank you for the lovely feedbacks by you lovely commentors~ ^^ So~ onto the story~~~ xoxo



 

 

This is a dream…It can’t be…he’s dead…I lost him…He’s not real…

Chanyeol’s mind was full of voices – voices of denial. Without him noticing, he cried. A shocked sob escaped Chanyeol’s pink lips. He heard Tao asking whether he was alright but he couldn’t respond to him right now.

This man had come back to his life – alive and breathing. In that instant, memories rushed back into Chanyeol’s head and he felt as if his mind would explode. Images started to flit through in his eyes.

And every one of them was the precious moments of his previous life.

“My lord…Look at this!”

“What is it?”

“Oh, how beautiful!” Chan-yue breathed as a pair of butterflies circled around each other in the gentle breeze in the night garden. She stretched out her palm and the golden wings fluttered above them.

“Indeed,” Yi-fan replied as the spirit messengers flew away, “but none is more beautiful than you, my Chan-yue”

The Dragon Lord slowly captured his queen’s lips and together they let themselves be swayed into a promise of heaven.

Chan-yue smiled tenderly as she ever so carefully bathe her little new born. The little one let out a soft mewl and slowly opened his eyes and curiously watched his mother.

Chan-yue giggled. Her expression was one of pure bliss. After the anxious and long waiting, their symbol of love was born. 9 lunar cycles…and an heir were born.

Wu Shi-hui was born on the 12th moon, 4th month of Xin-ra.

“My Shi-hui,” Chan-yue cooed. The 7-light-old baby boy responded with a sneeze and a gust of wind blew past Chan-yue’s brown long hair. A bluish mark appeared on the baby’s pale forehead and was gone the next. The Flame Thrower’s eyes shimmered with love and adoration.

 Her prince was a Wind Dancer.

The Dragon Lord silently watched over his mate and his heir – pride was his exact feeling. He was a proud sire.

“What news thee bring?”

Chan-yue clutched her lord’s hand in fear of her dying fire.

“My king, my queen,” the old soothsayer bowed.

“Speak!”

“My my, patience is a virtue, my king”

The cold golden eyes of the fortune-teller landed on the distressed Lady of the East. Despite the lack of emotion in those snake-like eyes, the Phoenix couldn’t help feeling compelled to stare back.

“Dragon lord,” the pale lady addressed.

“Speak, witch,” Yi-fan snarled.

“The queen’s power is not dying, my lord - simply giving way for another…a new soul”

Silence as Chan-yue pursed her lips. What riddle was this?

“The queen is with a child”  

…     

“Leave me,” Chan-yue glared.

“But, your majesty-“

“Leave!” A flame crackled uncontrollably. The guards were struck with fear and fled before their souls were burned.

Chan-yue stormed into the room and saw the busy young man – his toned back facing her. His black hair tied loosely. He didn’t turn when Chan-yue entered. His expression hard as he studied the book he was holding.

“I ordered no one to enter-“

“My lord…”

Yi-fan swiftly turned and was greeted with a crying Chan-yue. Seeing the strong queen broke down made him filled with an utmost worry. All thoughts gone except for the troubled feelings.  

“Chan-yue…”

“Yi-fan…” the young queen tried to control her sobs.

“What’s the matter, love?” the king rushed to his mate’s side. Her face was red with tears. Yi-fan took her small hands in his and felt her cold skin. His heart was beating rapidly. 

“My...my phoenix i-is d-dying…”

Yi-fan’s blood ran cold.

“Will d-death be upon me…?”

Yi-fan’s face turned fierce.

“Never, I promise thee”

Chan-yue bit her lips as she silently tiptoed across the vast and open hallway of her home. Her black cloak billowed as she glided out of the huge manor. She wanted to be free of the suffocating ethical life of her overbearing family…

She wanted freedom…

The beautiful lake reflected the full moon and Chan-yue felt compelled to touch the water. But this was an unknown territory.

A beautiful land out of nowhere in this land of the East. It might belong to another aristocrat and her trespassing would gain her a severe punishment.

Or worse – death penalty.

‘Where am I?’ Chan-yue wondered as she touched the water. Since she was alone, she relished on the fact she could enjoy the magnificent view and calm landscape.

A rustle brought her out of her reverie and the panicky Chan-yue immediately wanted to run.

“Halt!” A deep voice commanded. It was so cold and majestic that Chan-yue froze.

Footsteps nearing…

“Turn. Show thyself…”

Frightened, Chan-yue resigned to her fate. She sealed it and now she faced the consequence.

“Show thyself!” Chan-yue shakily pulled the hood of her cloak down. This was the end…

Silence…

“Beautiful…”

Their first meeting.

                “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Hey, can you hear me??!”

A voice brought him back from the surge of memories. Chanyeol blinked away his tears as Baekhyun’s worried face came into his view. Chanyeol felt lost and a soft hiccup escaped his dry lips. He was still standing in the same position with the stranger looking at him with those familiar brown eyes.

“Chan-yue…”

He heard it again.

“Chanyeol-ah, do you know him?” he heard Baekhyun whispered to him. The 21-year-old immediately ran to his lover’s side when the unknown tall guy approached them. He saw the whole event and was surprised when he saw Chanyeol’s tear-stained face. His first instinct was to get Tao and Chanyeol out of there but then he noticed how intimidating the stranger was.

“Ah? I-,” Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. His eyes moved back and forth to the pleading ‘Yi-fan’ and the expectant Baekhyun. Why did it feel so hard to utter an answer? In the end, Chanyeol decided to just say what he thought was the right thing to do.

“Aniyo...I don’t know him.”

A dull ache accompanied his answer.    

~~~

Her voice rang clear.