12

Eyes and Soul

 

 

A/N: Unedited ^^" Sorry but I'll get back to this later. Enjoy~ and comment please? One comment = one thoughtful love 



 

East Wing Infirmary

 

“B-B-Baekhyun-ah!”

Baekhyun was at loss of words.

Chanyeol’s mismatched eyes were wide, words stuttering, cheeks flushed. His long brown hair was dishevelled, few loose strands framed the feminine face – a sign he had just woken up and adding to that he was sitting on the bed. His big white t-shirt had a few creases here and there – another tell-tale sign Chanyeol was sleeping previously. The male incognito was barefooted – long legs dangling.    

But what left Baekhyun speechless was the deep groan coming from an unknown body behind Chanyeol’s skinny frame. His eyes trailed to the obviously long legs – longer than Chanyeol’s covered in black pants then to the muscular arm around Chanyeol’s torso and then to the hint of blonde hair – face obscured by Chanyeol’s fidgeting arms. He could see Chanyeol’s flustered face from his peripheral view. Putting two and two together, he gathered the identity of the unknown man…who looked like he wasn’t letting go of Chanyeol soon.   

Kris Wu, the rumoured handsome basketball captain.

When he thought he could tell Chanyeol of his extremely good news, he didn’t expect to find his ‘good news’ that soon.

“Ummm…” Baekhyun cleared his throat, suddenly feeling awkward yet giddy. He bowed his head down to hide his insistent smile while sneaking glances at the failing attempt of Chanyeol to be rid of the arm embracing his stomach.

“W-what are you doing here, Baekhyun-ah?” Chanyeol voiced out, hoarse from sleep. His hands were busy prying Kris’ steel grip on his shirt with pleading eyes to Baekhyun. Boy, he’s even persistent in his sleep! Grunting, Chanyeol elbowed the figure behind him. His sharp jab just so happened to land on Kris’ rib. Hearing a small painful moan, Chanyeol gave a tight smile to Baekhyun.

“Ummm, Chanyeol-ah…It seems like you’re busy right now…so I’m going to…go now. Yeah, I’ll go now,” Baekhyun cheekily grinned, hinting something as Chanyeol’s white cheeks reddened.

“Wait! No! It’s not what you think! Baek!” Chanyeol called back. Baekhyun turned, eyes gleaming bright.

It was that moment Kris Wu decided to wake up and made Chanyeol’s complicated situation into a more…yeah, complicated one.

“Come back to sleep, Yue…”

In a flash, Kris pulled at Chanyeol waist and lifted the younger one back into the bed. Panicked, Chanyeol struggled that he accidentally slapped at the apparently half-asleep Kris.

“Ow! Yah, stop moving!”

“No!”

Again, Chanyeol managed to knee Kris’ stomach – hard – at the same time, Kris managed to make Chanyeol banged his head against the steel headboard. This led to Kris losing his balance and fell onto Chanyeol with Chanyeol’s bent legs on either side of Kris’ body. Both groaned in pain. However, Chanyeol managed to slap Kris’ back and yelled.

“My friend is here, you idiot!” 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened before feeling heat rise up to his face. It wasn’t because of anything but he just felt that he walked in on something rather intimate. Chanyeol’s and Kris’ positions are…insinuating it. If you get what I mean.

‘Oh god, my brain is working overtime!’ Baekhyun thought as he stared at the two people on the white bed – actually struggling to untangle their bodies and not doing something promiscuous.

“I- I’m going, Chanyeol-ah! BYE!!” Baekhyun almost shrieked. He ran out of the room, heart thumping hard and his face red. Baekhyun was giggling as he ran when his arm was caught.

“Oh? Tao!”

“Where are you going so fast?”

Tao asked softly as he became puzzled with the heartily giggling Byun Baekhyun. He didn’t get a reply when Baekhyun wheezed every time he opened his mouth and his Korean boyfriend continued with his tittering fit.

“Okay…” Tao said awkwardly as Baekhyun clung onto his arm. The older of the two steered him away.

“Eh? Hyunnie, I want to visit Chanyeol hyung…”

“Oh, never mind him!” Baekhyun countered, tugging onto Tao’s sleeve and urging the taller one to move faster. “I checked up on him earlier and he’s fine. IN FACT, HE’S MORE THAN FINE!”

Baekhyun laughed again and Tao was seriously considering taking his boyfriend for a brain check-up.

    

  “That…was…embarrassing!”

Park Chanyeol felt like crying as he scooted far, far away from the smug-looking Kris who rested his back on the bed’s headboard.

“Relax. It’s just your friend, isn’t it?”

He let go of the hair he had fisted – leaving a bird nest atop his head. Chanyeol glared at the blonde whose hair was equally tousled from their little squabble.

“He’s my best friend. You know how embarrassing it is that your best friend just sees you like…like…!”

Chanyeol was miserable – angry and embarrassed all over. He couldn’t really go out of the infirmary without the nurse. He couldn’t even find it in him to face Baekhyun again. Bringing his knees u, the Music student buried his head in his folded arms.

A Cheshire smile slowly crept onto the Kris’ face as he watched the ‘love of his life’. Seeing Chanyeol all nervous, like this, formulated something in his mind.

Slowly, he slid closer to the younger one (in all their lives, Chanyue was always younger than him) and keeping a safe distance – from Chanyeol’s fire – he tapped the younger one’s shoulder.

Chanyeol ignored him. He was too busy thinking of ways to avoid Baekhyun and saving himself from the falling grace in front of his friends. No doubt that eyeliner diva Byun Baekhyun would never keep his mouth shut. Chanyeol was imagining a public humiliation with banners and confettis...public...

“Hey, listen to me.”

Kris tapped the brown-haired ‘girl’s’ shoulder again. “Or I’ll hug you.”

“What?” Chanyeol snapped. This Kris Wu really knew how to push his buttons. Why was he reacting violently to this guy?

“Be my girlfriend -”

“This again?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. Kris’ breath hitched…too beautiful.

“Listen first,” Kris said and Chanyeol had the decency to look sheepish, “how about we make a deal?”

“What deal?”

“I gotta feeling…your friend there is not going to let things slide easily, and if you’re still the same…I’m guessing you’ll hate his future inquisition, so why won’t we compromise? It’s good for you and for me.”

Chanyeol’s head was lighting the warning alarm yet he couldn’t help wanting to know. Kris’ proposition piqued his interest. Oh hell, he was right.

“You’re right…”

Chanyeol would do anything to avoid the humiliation.

He might regret his decision…

Kris’ trademark smirk appeared. Subconsciously, Chanyeol wanted to touch those lips. Wondering…were they soft as they looked like?

Kris signalled for Chanyeol to lean in closer – as if he was going to tell a secret. Chanyeol’s face scrunched up in deep concentration as he listened to Kris as he tucked his brown strands behind his ear.

“WHAT??”

The bigger was Kris’ grin, the bigger Chanyeol’s eyes widened. His mouth hung open slightly and Kris couldn’t help fantasising about Chanyeol’s plump red lips.

Chanyeol didn’t know what he was getting himself into.