Poor kid...

Welcome to the life of B.A.P

 “Zelo, get the freak up already!” I watch in horror as Him Chan hyung kicks Zelo on the side of his body. How could one do such a thing to a poor, defenseless, little fifteen year old lying on the floor? It’ s not his fault that he fell asleep in front of the bathroom door while waiting for me to finish up with all of my bathroom duties. I tried to be quick but oh gosh, the horror!

 “Himchan Hyung, can you stop already?!” I finally summon up the courage to make the request.  However, the second I see his serious face glare back at me, my voice lowers a little and the tone softens a bit. “Please…?”

 “Fine!” he barks, rising from the crouched position he was in.  “I was just trying to do him a favor. The dirty little kid is already so dirty. Laying down will only make it worse!”

 The harshness in his voice sends chills down my body. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Zelo’s head rise behind Himchan who is walking back toward the bedroom now. Did he just hear the comment Himchan made a second ago? Oh, I hope he didn’t …

 Once I hear the door officially slam shut behind Himchan, I quickly scurry over to Zelo and hold out a hand. He takes it in support and rises from the floor until he reaches his complete height. I gulp a bit, having to strain my head up a little to see his face. It still hasn’t stop striking me with awe that a kid being nearly two years younger than me could be so much taller than I, the constantly exercising machine, Jong Up. No wonder his fans call him a, “giant baby.”

 “Had a nice nap?” I ask in a joking way but seeing his pained face makes my heart give a little thump of bursting sadness. I can tell he woke up soon enough to hear Himchan’s mean words… Poor kid.

 As if to cover up his true emotions, he breaks out into a smile and retorts, “Yeah,” while chuckling. However, it’s not enough to fool me… I just know him too well.

 He starts turning around when I stop him in his tracks by gently grasping his wrist.

 In response, his head curiously revolts around.

 With a serious voice this time, I advise him, “Don’t let anyone keep you down. Arraso?”

 His eyebrows rise a little as if in surprise but he gives a little nod. He also proceeds with a weak smile which I spot quickly disappearing as soon as he starts to turn back around with his back facing me.

 I can’t help but feel sympathy take over my gut as I watch the boy with slumped shoulders push through the door of the bathroom wide open and step inside.