Don't Be Scared of Me

Welcome to the life of B.A.P

 Okay, so he wants me to be nice now does he? Fine, I'll give him nice. I'm absorbed in my thoughts while I follow after Yong Guk, thinking about all the ways I can satisfy him with my change in actions.

 "Hey little kid!" I burst out while walking over to the runt who's practicing spinning around. He freezes in motion when he hears my voice, knowing that by little kid, I mean him. I can sense fear in his eyes when he realizes I'm walking over to him. His teeth are clenched when my hand reaches out toward him as if I'm about to give him a smack right then and there.    

   However, in contrast to what I would usually do, I land the palm of my hand upon his hair, rubbing it a bit before giving him a good pat on the head. "Good work kid. I'm glad to see that you've been practicing," and break out in a smile that kills me to make. He just stands there, gawking at me with big, wide eyes, as if shocked that I can actually send off smiles, making me feel quite offended. Geez, my smile won't kill you, you know? 

 He finally opens his mouth and stutters, "Th-thanks" before looking back down at the floor again in a flash. Turning around with a 90 degrees angle, I can see Yong Guk looking at me with a slightly curved smile, nodding his up and down with approval.

 The rest of the day is spent with torture, trying to carry out nice actions toward the kid. Even in my thoughts, I'm trying to change my views of him as an annoying runt to a hard working, innocent kid. However, it's not easy and there's always this urge to throw cold words at him sometimes. The kid on the other hand just looks at me with a suspicious expression, as if trying to figure out why I'm being so kind to him all of a sudden.

 Trying to ease his anxiety, I walk over and ask him, "Why do you look so scared? I won't bite..."

 "I- I'm not scared..."

 "I hope you aren't" and pat his head again like before, "Zelo," with the hearing of his name from my mouth, he looks straight back up at me with wide eyes, as if in disbelief. Hmm... If he's this surprised that I'm acting like this... How badly do I actually treat him? Guilt starts to take over my heart as I realize how meanly I have been acting towards him for his response to be like this whenever I interact with him. Am I really that bad? Aww, poor kid... Why did I act like that though? Was there something possessing me? The kid really is not all that bad so why would I be so mean to him...? 

 Out of all the guilt and pity starting to form in my gut, I feel my arms suddenly reaching out towards his body and before I know it, they're around him. I'm embracing him within a hug while his arms are straight like sticks to his sides, not moving. I think his breathing has stopped as well. There's voices around us but my heads too fogged up to comprehend what they're saying. All I can do is wonder what has taken over me while we stay still with him locked in the cage which are my arms.