Maskless

The Devil's Contract

Weeks went by in a blink of an eye and soon it was time to return to school again.

 

‘Wake up sleepy head.’ You felt someone touch your shoulders.

You groaned and turned away, pulling up the sheets.

‘Daehyun, 5 more minutes.’ You mumbled.

 

‘~~~~-ah, wake up.’ Your eyebrows furrowed as you’re being shaked again.

You sat up an glared at the person in front of you.

 

‘Omo, aunty! I’m sorry, i thought you were Daehyun.’

You covered your face with your blanket in embarrassment.

 

‘It’s okay. Daehyun’s getting ready in his room.

You should get ready too. Breakfast is ready too.’

She smiled and walked out off your room.

 

You looked at Mrs.Jung’s back as she walked out of your room with a smile.

‘Omma.. I miss you. Wait for me. I will be by your side soon.’

You whispered to yourself.

 

---

 

‘Thank you for the breakfast, aunty! We’ll be leaving now!’

You chirped as you tapped on Daehyun’s shoulder, signalling him to leave too.

 

As the both of you are walking to school, you notice Daehyun pulling up his mask to cover his face again.

‘Yah, Jung Daehyun, what are you doing?’ You glared at him.

He gave you a look that said ‘it’s it obvious?’

 

‘You promised me to not wear it to school anymore.’ You said.

‘I did not.’ He mumbled under his mask.

 

‘Daehyun.... take it off.’ You growled.

He challenged you by ignoring you.

‘or i’m not going to speak to you ever again and.. i’ll go on a date with Himchan oppa!’

 

Daehyun looked at you with wide eyes.

He still remembered when Himchan asked you to go out with him a few days ago.

Just to spend the day with him. You almost agreed until Daehyun stepped in to stop you.

He didn’t like Himchan hogging up all your attention.

In a nutshell, he is jealous of Himchan because of how you will blush around Himchan.

Thinking of it made him sick.

 

‘Daehyun..~’ you whined as the both of you reach the gates of the school.

‘Pleaseee~’

 

Daehyun sighed. He don’t know if it was a good idea but what does he have to lose?

He hesitated a while before pulling it down slowly revealing his handsome nose and plump lips.

You heard a few girls gasp and began whispering to one another.

 

Oh my. That freak Daehyun actually looks so handsome!

He’s so handsome! Why is he wearing a mask until now?

He sure looks good.

He doesn’t look weird. I think we’re just misjudging him.

 

You smiled in triumph. Daehyun was feeling uncomfortable with so many eyes staring at him.

He looked around warily, his hand unconsciously reaching for his mask to pull it up again.

You smacked his hands and shook your head.

 

‘I took it off already. I’m wearing it back.’ Daehyun whispered harshly.

‘No. You see, people are changing the way they look at you.

They don’t call you weird anymore, Daehyun.’ You whispered back.

 

‘How would you know?’

‘I can hear them.’

‘You devil.’ Daehyun grumbled.

 

His hand reaching to the lower part of his unconsciously.

He feels without the mask especially in front of the whole school that is staring at him.

 

‘Oh, ~~~~-ah.’ Youngjae greeted as the both of you walked into the class.

You heard gasps from the girls and the boys staring at Daehyun

as if wondering how is he more handsome than them.

 

‘Good morning, Youngjae.’ Youngjae didn’t hear your reply as he was also took busy staring at Daehyun.

Youngjae then looked at you. ‘Why is he not wearing his mask today?’

 

‘I told him not too.’

 

‘He never comes into school without his mask on. You’re something, ~~~~.’

Youngjae smiled as he saw the look on Daehyun’s confused face.

 

---

 

During lunch, you and the boys gathered at your usual place to have lunch again.

 

‘~~~~-ah, they are staring at me.’ Daehyun whispered to you.

‘Who?’ You turned around and saw a group of girls staring at Daehyun. You let out a giggle.

‘They like you..’ you and earned a light smack on your head.

Daehyun shifted uncomfortably on his seat and looked around warily.

 

‘Daehyun’s attracting too much attention. I can’t eat in peace.’ Himchan grumbled and stabbed his food.

Daehyun casted him a glare but was ignored.

 

‘Are you jealous that Daehyun is more handsome than you?’ Yongguk teased.

Himchan was caught off-guard. ‘N-no!’

‘Ayy hyung...You’re a liar.’ Zelo let out a chortle.

 

Himchan grew red in the face.

Youngjae and Zelo continued teasing Himchan thus earning a box on their heads.

You turned and looked over to Jongup who is munching on his food,

enjoying the scene of this hyungs and dongsaeng arguing.

 

‘D-daehyun-sshi.’ A girl suddenly stepped up and called for Daehyun.

Daehyun looked at her with his big eyes as a blush crept onto her face.

 

‘D-daehyun-sshi. W-we wanted to apologize to you f-for being so mean in the past.’

She stuttered.

Himchan casted a look towards her that clearly says ‘are you kidding?’

She gulped.

 

‘Daehyun-sshi is really handsome. Bye.’ With that the girl and her friends ran off the other way.

Daehyun had a confused expression plastered on his face.

 

‘See, taking off the mask does you good.’ You said.

His eyebrows furrowed as he left the table without another word, leaving you with your mouth hanging open.

*Did he just ignored me? Is he angry at me?*

 

You took off after him as fast as you can.

You found in the the rooftop where there’s no one else.

 

‘Daehyun-ah....’ you took a step closer. He turned around and looked at you.

For the first time you are frightened.

The look he had in his eyes is unreadable.

 

‘I’m sorry.’ You apologized without thinking. He furrowed his eyebrows at you.

‘I don’t know what made you upset but i think it’s my fault. I’m sorry.’ You said.

 

‘I don't want them to apologize to me. It hurts me more knowing that they've been judging me by my appearance all this while.

 I don’t feel like myself without the mask. ’

Daehyun said as he pulled his mask up to cover his face.

 

‘Daehyun... You’re doing fine.’You said softly as you took a step closer to him.

You touched his hands and gently pulled down the mask as you smiled at him.

 

Looking at you smile, Daehyun felt like his heart just melted.

Butterflies fluttering in the pits of his stomach. He stared at your face.

From your eyes to your cheeks then your nose to your lips.

He gulped and widened his eyes, realizing that he’s been staring at you for too long.

 

‘Come on. Let’s go finish our lunch.’ You smiled and tugged on his hand.

 

*I-i felt much better whenever she is around. OH MY GOD, Jung Daehyun.

What’s wrong with you? Do you like her? No no. You can’t.*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will try updating frequently from now on!

:D

stay tuned!

anyways, if any of you are itching for a chat with me, find me at my tumblr! HERE!