Baking with Baekhyun

Kiss Me, Princess!

 

Haera’s POV

“Oppa, where should I put this?” I asked Baekhyun oppa where to put the dough I just made. It was hard yet extremely fun. He taught me how to knead the dough. ^^

“Just let it chill for a while. We don’t want a sticky dough for our cookies and tarts.” He said not taking his eyes of the batter he’s making for the cupcakes.

“araseo.” I said placing the dough in a corner.

He finished making the batter and started to place them in the molding cups. I watched him carefully placing certain amounts in each cup. He’s really skilled. I didn’t know this side of him.

“Love what you see? Don’t drool over them yet; you’ll have to wait till it’s baked.” He laid the cups in a tray and placed them inside the oven. He then set the timer and temperature. “It’s out of our hands now.”

“waa~ I can’t wait to taste them.” My mouth is practically watering now.

“Now, let’s make the cookies then the tarts.” He picked the dough that was chilling in the corner a while ago. He started to flatten it.

“Can I help on anything?” I asked. Watching doesn’t make it exciting.

“You can shape the cookies. There are cookie cutters in the cupboard.” He said.

“Ok. Be right back.” I skidded to the cupboards. “Which cupboard are those in?” I asked myself. I opened one and it’s not there. I tried the other and still no luck. Finally, I arrived on the last cupboard. “Yes! There you are.” I carefully reached for it so not to damage the porcelain cups placed near them.

“What took you so long?” Baekhyun oppa asked while placing the dough on the tart molder.

“I got confused.” I chuckled. I noticed that the dough’s already been flattened completely.

“It’s up to you now.” He smiled.

“I’ll make them special.” I chose the heart shaped cookie cutter to start with. I carefully pressed it in the dough and just like that, beautiful heart-shaped dough came out. So cute~

I continued to make cute shaped with the dough while Baekhyun oppa finished his tart. It was like we were part of a cooking contest. I smile on the thought.

Baekhyun oppa finished his tart and placed it in the oven. He took the cupcakes out.

“mmm~ that smells delicious.” I commented. “Can I taste them oppa?”

“Sure.” He handed me one. “Careful, it’s still hot.”

I took a bite.

“This is amazing. I never tasted anything like it.” I slowly munched down the cupcake.

“I’m glad you like it. Let’s put in your cookies now.” He said.

“Here.” I gave him my tray of cute and lovable cookies. “I hope it turns out well.”

“It will. You made them.” He smiled. I smiled too.

We ate the cupcakes as we waited for his tart and my cookies to be baked. After a couple of minutes, the tart and cookies are out of the oven.

“They smell nice too.” I sniff my cookies.

“I’ll just put the fillings on my tart then we’ll let the others taste our pastries, how’s that?” he asked me.

“sure.” I nodded.

After he arranged the peaches and the strawberries on the tart, we headed to their practice room.

I knocked on the door and Suho oppa opened it.

“Annyeonghaseyo oppa.” I bowed.

“Oh Haera, what are you doing here? You’re practice is still tomorrow.” He raised a brow while I made my way inside.

“Snacks?” I raise the cookies I made.

Baekhyun oppa followed behind me and settled his tart and cupcakes on the table. Sehun immediate stopped what he’s doing and started to dig in the foods we brought.

“mmm~! This is yummy hyung!” Sehun exclaimed filling his mouth with the cupcakes.

I watched ExoK eat the food Baekhyun oppa and I made. It feels great to see people eat the things I made. It just helps me feel contended and happy. Maybe Baekhyun oppa asked me to make cupcake so that I would cheer up. He’s really a nice guy.

“Baekhyun oppa, gomawo.” I whispered to him while the others are still eating.

“No problem Princess.” He smiled.