Exo's Princess

Kiss Me, Princess!

 

The fresh green grass brushes against my skin. I can feel the wind’s gentle touch and the sun’s soothing warmth. The coldness of the water through my fingers sends goosebumps all over my body. The playful cloud that forms shapes entertains me. *sigh* so peaceful. I wish every day will be just like this. Peace.

“Princess Haera?” someone called. “Princess Haera? Where are you?”

Oh.crap. The maids are here. So much for my peace. I sarcastically thought asI hid behind the tree’s trunk.

“Princess Haera? You need to attend your daily lessons, your highness. Where are you?” These maids. Ugh! I examined the wide peaceful meadow.  I need to get out of here. Where’s Kai when you need him? Hmph. Oh nevermind, they’ll eventually leave anyway.

After what seemed like centuries, the maids gave up from their search. Yes~Peace again. *sigh* I quietly tip toed inside the castle, not sure where to go next. Hmmm~ where to go? I always spend my day with Sehun but he’s too loud; I’ll get caught. Aha! I know exactly where to go.

I quickly removed my stuffy gown and kept it inside a box. I always wear comfortable clothes beneath them. So smart of me.*giggles* now I can go for a disguise. No one will recognize me now. Kkk~

I skidded casually out of the castle and through the gates. I passed several stores and shops on my way. I even came across the enormous library that was built just across the cathedral.

There it is. My favorite place. “Goodwill’s Orphanage” the sign declared. It was a small house beside the cathedral. It was built to shelter unfortunate children. My grandmother, the late queen, told me that this was her only escape from her castle duties when she was my age. *laughs* Like grandmother, like granddaughter.

*Knock knock*

“Who’s there?” I heard someone asked then an old woman greeted me.

 “Oh your Highness!” she quickly bowed. I’m surprised that she recognized me. “What brings you here today?”

 “Do I need a reason to go here?” I innocently asked.

“Oh no your highness. I didn’t mean to question you.” she lowered her head.

“I was just joking. *laugh* I came here because I need to escape castle life. *wink* Can I come inside?” she quickly opened the door wider and led me in the living room. “And how come you recognized me as the princess? I’m wearing a disguise.”

“You are just like the late queen. She always stayed here when she felt bored inside the castle. Ah the old days.” By the way she smiles; I knew that she was someone close to my grandmother.

“Are you close to my Grandmother?”

“She’s my best friend you know. She was older than me yet she seemed like younger when we talked. She had a heart of gold; always the first one to help. She built this place for me and the other street children that she found. I’m one of those children. She was like a sister and a mother to us all. Eventually the time came when she became one of the heroes of Exo. She rarely had time for us here. When she got married and became queen, she made this place even more perfect but she never came back. All I knew back then was she was to busy to go out of the castle anymore. I miss her so much then the news came to me that she passed away. My heart broke into thousands of pieces. I was so grateful to her that it hurt so much to realize that she was dead.” Tears started to fall from her eyes. I her back to comfort her. She looks at me with teary eyes.

“It’s alright. I miss her too.” I smiled at her.

“You resemble her; kind-hearted and beautiful. Someday, you’ll be just like her.” She wiped her tears. “Come your highness; let me introduce you to the children here.” We climbed up the stairs and entered through a wide door. Several kids were all over the place. Some plays their toys; others were silently reading books or writing some things. “Children, listen up please. We have a special visitor today. Princess Haera.” They all gasped. That was my cue.

“Good morning. Having a nice day everyone?”

“Princess Haera!” “Your highness!” “The princess is here. I can’t believe it.” They were all surprised from my sudden visit. The room was filled with questions of why am I here. I can’t believe the number of children here. Why would anybody leave them here? Poor children; I hope they’ll be happy even if they’re not with their families. “I’m here because of you. My grandmother talked about this orphanage when she was still alive and I’m glad that it was still intact.”

“The queen has been giving out funds for the orphanage. We are very thankful here for your help, your highness.” The old woman said.

“Yes your highness, thank you so much for giving us a home to live in.” a cute little girl said.

“Thank you your highness!” they all said in unison.

“You’re all welcome. Don’t hesitate to ask for anything. The queen will gladly help you.” I said to the old woman. “By the way, what’s your name ma’am?”

“My name is Songmin your highness. And we will accept your kind offer to help us more. Thank you very much.” They all bowed.

*Horn blows*

“It’s time already?” *pouts* I hate it when things happen like this. “I’m sorry everyone but I need to go back.”

“awwww~ visit us next time Princess.” The cute little girl said.

“I will and when I get back I’ll have to memorize all your names. Goodbye!” I waved.

“Goodbye! See you again Princess!” they said.

Ms. Songmin escorted me outside. “Thank you again Princess Haera.”

“Please just call me Haera. I would be happy if you do that.” I held her hand.

“Of course, Haera.” She hugged me. It felt like my grandmother’s hug. “Take care.” She pulled out of the hug.

“Thank you, I will. Goodbye.” I waved one last time.

*horn blows*

Crap, guards! I’ll be scolded for being outside the castle walls again if they caught me.*sigh* gotta use this again; my secret entrance. I’m really smart. I quickly wore my gown that was safely kept inside the box. When I reached the main part of the castle, I pretended to be having a leisure walk. It’s really hard to get the peace and freedom that I want when I’m in here. I hope there’s something more for me than just being Exo’s princess.