In Depth

My Fair Model

Random sushi place

Your POV

Key pushed the plate full of food my way.

"Eat." He muttered.

I looked at it for a second and went straight to glaring at him again. He was a pretty handsome guy along with his friends. I'm still mad at the fact these guys would take me away.

He smirked, "___--"

"You don't know me and you take me down here--"

"Shush, let me finish." He muttered, taking something out of his backpack.

"No, you come here and kidnap me and bring me here, I don't even know you--"

"I didn't kidnap you, technically I was getting you on safer grounds so you wouldn't do anything ultimately stupid to yourself like, oh I don't know, jump off a bridge? So like a good Samaritan, I did just that." He smirked, "And here we are, at a sushi place; safe and sound."

What's with this guy?

"I saved your life; I'm like your in' guardian angel." He nodded, pushing the plate of sushi closer to me, "Eat."

I kept staring at him.

He sighed and pulled out a folder and put it right next to the plate of sushi.

 

"What is this?"

"It's a competition I'm going to be in--"

"Why do I--"

"Let, Me,  Fin-ish." He glared, and then quickly smirked at me while opening the folder.

"To sum it all up for you, I'm in my last year at KIDI. You do know KIDI right?"

I nodded.

It was that fashion school full of serious fashion students that dress as if they’re going to a glamorous funeral.

"I'm entering this thing for some prizes. It'll be in Paris, and I need a little team with me" He pointed over to the table where the other guys were at, "Those guys over there make three-fourths of my team."

"... So?"

"I need your body." He said flatly.

I slapped him right across the face.

 

"Aish!" He rubbed his cheek fiercely, "Don't flatter yourself! I didn't mean it that way! I need a girl to model my clothes!"

That caught me off guard; I just sat there as he checked his face with a spoon.

"You little--" He muttered, "You're so lucky. So lucky you're tall."

I rolled my eyes at him and got up.

He quickly got up as well and sat me back down.

"You're going to be my model." He glared.

"Nope."

"Yes you are; you have no choice." He folded his arms.

"Why is that?"

"I cannot find another girl tall enough. I don't have the time to scout around for one. The average height of women here is basically all short. You on the other hand, came out of nowhere in my time of need. It's a sign."

I chuckled, "You're weird-- No."

"Alright, if you say no, I'll just send you to the nearest mental house for being so unstable." He smiled.

"Go ahead." I said, "Like they'll believe you."

Key pulled out his Polaroid camera and the shots of me at the bridge.

"Oh, I think they would take you in. No doubt in my mind they would." He smiled, "What's it gonna be? The crazy house or Paris?"

I glared at him and the shots of me at the bridge.

"I wouldn't be asking you this if I didn't need you." He said, "All the costs are on me--just model for me in return."

"I'm not a mod--"

"I'll make you into one." He said casually.

"No."

He sighed, "How old are you?"

"18."

"You're so young." He shook his head, "And so odd. What kind of girl turns down an opportunity like the one I'm giving you?"

"Me." I stood up but was quickly pushed down once more.

"Look, ________. I ain't too proud to beg." He muttered, "Just think about it--practically a whole year in Paris and help a random stranger like me. You like France?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know what you've gone through. But if you come with me and my little team, maybe it'll be good for you too." He smiled, "Explore the south of France on the days I don't need to work on you. Find love possibly, I mean it is Paris."

"This is all so random." I muttered.

"Deciding that maybe tonight you'll end your days is random too." He nodded, "I'm desperate here."

I sighed, "Look, I can't."

"You know I'm not going to let you leave this place until I get a 'yes'" He raised his brow, "I get what I want; I always do."

I stood up again, making him stand as well.

"I'll buy the passports if you don't have one. I'll call your boss if you have a job. The costs are all on me." He gripped my sleeve.

"You're serious." I whispered.

"I'm a very straight forward, stubborn person. I tell the truth 98 percent of the time." He smirked, "I really do need a female model. I'm willing to make one out of you."

"Where are you getting all of this money?"

"That's my business." He muttered, "So are you going to be my model?"

I shrugged, "This is way too unusual... No, I'm not."

"Do you want me to have a fit? I think you do." He nodded, "I'll give you a fit. Right here, right now."

"I don't really care."

He gripped my jacket tighter.

"Please, just a few months. Hell, you can kill yourself after I'm done with you if that's what you want. PLEASE!"

I looked around the shop, a few people were starting to stare as Key pointed at me.

"Everyone, this is my girlfriend and she's leaving me to go kill herself!" He frowned, "I'm going to kill myself too! I'm going to--"

"Hush up! People, I’m not his girl--"

"Kill myself. Starve myself! I'm going to slit my throat! I'm going to die!" He yelled, "Because of you, I might as well stop living!'

"Me?!" I looked around the place and found that we were already making a scene.

I whispered, "Could you shut up?!"

"I'm not going to shut up! I'm going to die! DIE!" He faked sobbed and shouted while he pointed to me, "All because you! You're my life! _--______.. _______? Yeah! ________!"

He sobbed louder, "I can't believe you!"

"Okay!" I hissed, "I'll think about it, shut up!"

"Not good enough! I'm gonna kill--"

"Alright!" I shouted.

He sobbed, "What was that?!"

I glared at him, "...Whatever. Alright."

He quickly stopped his tantrum and smirked, "Good."

Why did I not see that coming sooner?

I glared at him and walked out of the place with 4 boys trailing after me.

 


"Hey! Hey!"

The tall boy who came up to me at the bridge first, tugged on my jacket.

I didn't want to be touched; I'm fed up with these boys touching me. I turned around quickly.

"Kid, don't touch me!" I lashed out at them, "You guys keep touching me! Stop! I don't know any of you, so could you just leave me alone?!"

"His name isn't 'Kid'," Key said walking up to me, “His name is Tao, and I'm sorry on his behalf for even caring about random people like you in this world. It's just in his nature to care. If you think about it, the world needs more people like Tao. Maybe there would be less depressed people out there trying to kill themselves if we had more people likeTao. To let people like you know there's still people that care, even if they don't know you. So get it straight, _______, his name isTao. Huang Zi Tao, and he's a reason why you're not dead, floating around in icy cold water for a fisherman to find you."

Key looked at me with a blank expression, and Tao right behind him with his head down dragging his feet in place.

I sighed, "Tao."

He glanced up at me.

"I'm sorry."

He gave me a faint smile, "You're not going back are you? To the bridge, I mean."

I looked at Key, who raised his brow at me.

"Of course not, Tao," Key smirked, "She wouldn't do that to you. After all you went out of your way to help her, that should give her a reason to think about giving her life another shot. There might be some opportunities out there for her--"

"Look--" I paused at just looked at these 4 boys, "You don't want me. I'm not that special. Thanks for the offer but--"

The younger boy smiled, "Tao and Key don't pay attention to girls that much, you must be special."

"Yeah," The tallest one nodded, "There must be something there that stopped us all to come get you."

Key smirked, "Kai, and Minho speak the truth."

I sighed, "Key, Tao, Kai, Minho, I really can't do this."

"Yes you can." Key nodded.

"I'm an unstable person."

"You can talk to any of us when we're at the competition. It's like a free therapy session with room and board, and great clothes." Key winked.

"Do it as a way to get even with me, then." Tao stood up straight, "I saved you, you save my friend for me in return. It's the least you can do."

"What if I didn't want to be saved in the first place?!" I shouted.

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound?" Key chuckled.

I rubbed my forehead and started to walk away when, once again, Key grabs my wrist.

"You're 18, and live near the Kita Kore Building. I'm guessing you're one of those mediocre Harajuku DIY fashion designers that sell off the streets?" Key smiled.

I yanked my arm away, "I’m not mediocre...How do you know all of--"

He chuckled, took my wallet out of his back pocket and waved it in my face. I snatched it back.

"You little thief," I muttered.

"I was giving it back wasn't I?" Key chuckled, "I know where to look for you. We all do. And if you're not in Kita Kore we'll just scope around to prefecture until we find you. Remember I'm just that desperate."

"You guys are not going to let up are you." I whined.

"Nope!" Key smirked.

"If I do this.."

"If you do this?" He smiled.

"What will you have me do?"

He grinned, "A few lessons on walking, me taking your measurements, take pictures."

I sighed, "And where will I be staying?"

He chuckled, "With us, of course!"

I glared at all four of them.

"Is this a yes?" Key smiled.

"...Whatever."

They all cheered quietly to themselves as Key lifted me up with a hug.

"But stop touching me!" I shouted, "Freak!"