Heartaches

My Fair Model

"Ok, I know this looks bad, but well, it's not as bad--"

"_______ this is bad!" CL hissed, poking Minho's face with her big toe.

Minho was out cold, still in his tailored suit and using his blazer as a blanket and one of my pillows to hug onto.

He laid on the ground just at the entrance of my balcony where the gown hung.

 

"Hush!" I pleaded, "Everyone else is still asleep, which is why I called you--"

CL rubbed her temples and snatched the gown, laying it on my bed, "What do you expect me to do about this?!"

"I was hoping you would take it off my hands and hide it for me. Tell Key that you had it sent out for dry-cleaning and say cleaners lost it--"

"HA!" CL rolled her eyes.

"Hush!"

 

Minho groaned, turned to his side and continued to sleep.

"Well at least you had a fun night, because you're not going to be having any more any time soon." CL mumbled, shaking her head at Minho, "I never knew you two were like that..."

"What?"

"You know..." CL shrugged, "You and Minho. Your room-- Va va voom."

"Oh no! It's not like that!" I stepped back, "He was trying to help me get the stain off last night! We we're too scared to see Key so we didn't bother coming out..."

CL chuckled, "That makes more sense; Minho would've been on the bed right now if you two had done it right?"

I groaned, "CL not now, please help me." 

CL smirked, "Eh, Minho's too much of a wuss to even try get the--"

"The gown! Let's focus on the stupid gown!" I begged.

 

She scoffed and began pacing around, "Alright, if we sneak out now, maybe we'll have a chance. Come with me." She whispered.

CL pressed her ear up against my door listening to any signs of any one of the guys had woke up.

"Nope," CL nodded at the door, grabbing me by the arms and casually open my door wide open to Key.

His arms were folded, with eyes that could kill, letting out an annoyed sigh he clenched his jaw.

Within that very moment, CL and I both let out a shrill and slammed the door closed from being so caught off guard with Key's presence.

"What?!" Minho had shot up from his sleep, "What we doing? What?"

CL clutched at her chest shutting the boy up by throwing my slipper at his head.

 

"Get out of there..." Key spoke calmly through my shut door, "All of you, now."

. I felt my legs about the buckle beneath me.

I'm not going to make it through the day. I'm going to die. He's surely going to kill me today.

CL sighed, gesturing me and Minho to go out first.

My first instinct was to step back and not listen to her. And act as if I didn't hear Key in the first place.

"Did you hear me?" Key tapped lightly on my door, "Come out."

"Come on! Go!" CL said, gripping on the doorknob.

 

"Minho-yah!" Key growled, making me stand still, frozen with fear.

I've never heard Key so angry, I don't think I have the guts to face him.

Minho quickly puts on his blazer, pausing at the door to look at me just before leaving the room.

 

It was dead quiet after that. Both CL and I stared at the door waiting for Key to probably burst in.

Yet nothing, no sound after Minho got up and left.

A sudden tap at the door made us jump. 

"Come down stairs, you two--- 3 mintues." Key ordered softly, "Bring the gown."

 

My chest was close to exploding, as I looked at CL.

It took us more than the 3 minutes that Key gave us to get downstairs.

We anxiously waited in the living room, set the gown on the coffee table and sat on both couchs quietly across from each other.

CL's gaze at the huge yet faint stain on the gown had set my mood to grow even more morbid by the second.

As if it wasn't bad enough waiting for Key to show up the room, both CL and I could hear him definitely yelling at Minho in the staircase.

I've never heard Key that angry before; his low shouts had set me on edge, I could die of a heart attack.

I tried to distract myself by paying attention to CL, only to see her hands covering her face in dispair. 

Today, Kim Kibum has definitely a person that I have come to fear.

 

I heard him clear his throat as he made his way down the stairs, I had gone stiff, my breaths became short with my eyes desparately tried to concentrated on the gown instead.

The ambience of the room had gotten darker as I heard his bare feet approach, only to pass us as if we weren't there in the first place.

I quickly fixed my eyes to take in Key's presence. 

His chestnut hair was left unkempt, tousled in some random spots on the top of his head. 

He wore a thin, cheap gray shirt that showed off his pale skin and black harem pants that he'd wear like usual.

 

Key let out a small grunt, slowly pacing his way over to the kitchen and slouched over the open fridge.

I took a quick look at CL again, finding her casually sitting upright at her spot, looking in Key's direction unafraid.

His back still faced us, gripping on the fridge door along with his black camper cap that had the phrase 'homeboy' stitched in white on the bottom of the brim.

He's been sporting a lot of hats lately, probably to busy with everything else to be worry about his hair, might as well just put a hat on.

 

I watched his broad shoulders slump over as he went and grabbed whatever from the fridge just before pushing it shut.

He finally turned around, with a fixed gaze at the gown as he opened his can of Coke and took a large gulp of it.

He didn't say a word,  he just came around and stood at the foot of the coffee table with CL and I still sitting on both sides of the couches at the opposite end.

It was unnerving for me to keep staring at the gown in slience along with them. 

I looked at Key again, his hard gaze still fixed on the gown as he quickly ran his fingers through his hair and lazily put his camper cap on.

"Point at it." Key finally spoke to CL.

 

CL pointed at the stain and they continued on gazing at the gown.

It looked and sounded as if he hadn't slept for days, his eyes were a bit pink and glazed over, dark rings underhis eyes as if he were wearing eyeliner.

He looked a tired and pissed as he kept his eyes on the stain.

 

Aside from the tension he'd brought to the room, I had to admit to myself, I was attracted to his looks a the moment. 

The fact he was mad scared me since it is sort of my fault, but he looked quite handsome seeing him this way.

Aside from the clean cut and rather feminine side of Key that I'm used to seeing everyday, it was refreshing to see this manlier side of him. 

 

"Tch," He nodded slightly, crouching down and took another glup of his Coke, "You know what I have to do now, right?"

 

Realizing he directing that last part to me, I straightened up my chest tightened as he looked at me intently.

"W-what?" I sttutered softly.

 

He didn't answer me but looked away and abruptly poured some of his Coke over the stain.

My heart felt like it stopped when he did that. He must have been so angry to do something like that, since he told me how hard he'd worked on it.

I couldn't speak, I felt like I was on the verge of tears, I felt so bad.

 

"Let it sit for, oh, I don't know," He muttered looking up at the ceiling, "Ten minutes should do. Then go ahead and take it to the cleaners, CL."

I was confused, looking at CL as Key pushed the gown for her to take away.

She hastily took it, got up and proceeded to walk out.

I glanced over at Key downing the rest of his can as he looked at me.

I felt nervous and naturally started to follow CL like a duckling.

 

"________." He called out, making me stop and watch CL leave for the front door without me.

"Hm?" I glupped.

He gestured me to come sit back down on the couch.

I took my place and quietly stared back up at him.

 

He looked at me with a hurt expression, lips pursed and eyes piercing in my direction.

I broke down, "I'm so sorry, Key. I was... The stain, I'm--"

"It's fine." Key interupted.

"I'm so--"

"It's fine." He assured me and quickly changed the subject, "Though, you're under house-arrest for two weeks, but it's fine."

Key gave me a tiny smile, "Really, it's fine, ________. Coke's an old stain removal remedy. The stain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; It's fine."

I didn't speak, I still felt horrible.

 

"Do you really want to keep feeling that way, when I just told you it's fine?" Key asked, followed along with a short chuckle.

"I... I can't help it. I'm feel horri--"

"If so, then let me add on to your misery and just say you broke my heart last night." He said in a low mutter, setting his empty can on the coffee table and shoved his hands in his pockets.

He caught me off-guard, "Broke my heart? What?"

 

He just looked at me from head to toe and shrugged, leaving me more confused.

Key sighed and started to scratch the corner of his mouth, "Take it as you will."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He shrugged once more, "It's really up to you how you interpret what I said. I don't know, I'm just leaving it at that."

 

I sat there unknowingly fidgeting with my fingers, "I'm really sorry, Key, I didn't---"

He sighed loudly, "Look, I don't care about that stupid gown, alright? I can always make another. It's not entirely your fault."

A long pause followed right after with both of us looking elsewhere.

 

Key finally broke the silence, "You're not allowed to have any guys in your room."

I looked at him and quickly nodded, "Okay."

Key said sternly, "Not Minho, not Kai or Tao. Not even Onew or Taemin are allowed in your room. Including me."

I nodded.

"Not allowed to drink when we go the events like the Parsons ball." He added, "You stick to whoever I assign you to be with at all times during those events."
 

I nodded again all the while Minho came downstairs and quickly rushed out to the front door.

My eyes had trailed off to Minho leaving the loft and left me wondering why and where he'd be going in such a rush.

 

"You're not allowed to sneak around behind my back like you did, either!" Key's voiced slightly raised when he spoke.

I jumped a little and nodded once more.

I watched Key annoyed with me not listening for that split second. He shut his eyes, as he took off his cap and quickly run his hand down his hair.

 

"Just go back to your room." He said coldly, "I can't even--- You're killing me here."

I hesistated, unsure of what I was suppose to do. Should I just stay put and wait a little longer for him to talk more or do I leave?

"Go. Now." He ordered softly.

 

I left his sight quickly making a run for it back into my room and fast as I could.

I didn't mind being sent off to my room.

I wouldn't mind be locked up in there forever. 

I felt relieved after the whole ordeal, and continued on my bed burying myself under the covers.

My room was way better than facing Key.

 

*** 

 

At dawn, when Key had left the loft for some mandatory event with CL, Taemin and Onew,  I snuck out with Tao.

Minho was still out on go-sees and we probably wouldn't see him later on tonight.

We had a lot of time on our hands, we thought we'd visit Kai at his part time job at the nearby chinatown.

"I got the job at the dojo helping teach kids with Judo." Tao grinned.

"That's great, Tao." I smiled, gazing around for any sign of Kai, "What was the name again?"

"Lux Supply Boardshop" He answered, "I've been there before when you went to Cannes, We're almost there."

 

By the time we reached the place, Kai was standing outside the shop probably waiting for us to drop by.

"It's about time!" Kai smirked, propping the door open for us with his foot, "What, Tao, you got lost? I mean you were here seconds ago."

"Shut it," Tao muttered, "Everything's different at night."

The shop was an underground boardshop; you had to go down a flight of stairs that led to the actual place.

It was extremely clean cut, with an endless amount of short boards that hung from the walls like art work.

 

There were a few snapbacks displayed on the shelves right behind the register, and racks of streetwear folded out on two long narrow tables.

The place was definitely an exclusive site for the locals--- locals that could afford this expensive crap.

With the faint rap music playing in the background, I decided to sit up on the register counter and admire the place a bit more.

 

"Sweet part about this job is that I work alone! Night shift is the best!" Kai spoke up proudly as he leaned up against the the counter next to me.

My guess was that me and the rest of the guys would be stopping by the boardshop frequently now that Kai works here. I was diggin' the new hangout spot.

 

"And lemme guess," Tao smirked, "We get to help you close up tonight?"

"Oh yes!~" Kai nodded, proudly.

"Tch!" I chuckled, "We better be getting a treat afterward."

"Yeah yeah!" Kai muttered, going behind the register and began shutting off the music, "We can start now, if you want."

"But we just got here!" Tao scolded, coming around the corner and tried on a few hats.

"I thought that's why you guys came over?!" Kai chuckled, acting innocent.

"Cut the crap, Kai." Tao narrowed his eyes at him, backed up toward the stairs, alreaady refusing to help out.

 

By the time Kai was done closing up, the streets were already dim lit as we followed him to some nearby bistro.

Having only bought a fruit tart for Kai and two esspressos for Tao and myself, we spend enjoying it while sitting outside watching people walk by.

The two boys had filled me in on how Key was yelling at Minho earlier this morning without any explanation, but just calling Minho unprofessional. On top of that, Kai and Tao aren't allowed to hang about after they've finished their shifts; they were to report back to the loft and stay there for two weeks. It seemed as if Key had put all of us on punishment for the gown incident.

It was chilly out, the sidewalks were a little damp and I gradually went into my own world as I looked at the shine reflecting off the puddles near the street.

Today, had been a bit of a roller coaster for me, I thought back to Key telling me how I had broken his heart which only made me think harder; what did that actually mean? I can interpret that in so many ways that I'm sure my meanings would be far from what he meant. Thus, it continued to eat at me. 

I was sincerely sorry for what I did to that gown, but the damage is done; He'd gone and fixed it instantly. 

 

So why did I feel my chest tightening as I kept thinking about this?

Thinking about Key in general, I'd always have this uneasy feeling. With him you just don't know.

Do I like him? I think the man is very interesting...

There was always a small thing about him that kept me intrigued to the point where I was quite smitten with him or to the point where I couldn't stand him one bit.

 

"Well would you look at that." Tao chuckled, "What?"

I turned to him and Kai, giving them a confused look and tried to see what they were looking at.

And there he was, linked arms with CL or so I thought.

Casually strolling by in his wool trench coat leading the petite girl past the bistro and across the street without noticing us.

He seemed genuinely interested, only looking at her as he spoke. Who is she to Key? 

I could've sworn the girl was CL, but evidently it wasn't.

She was the same height, had same hair color, but her fashion sense was subtle yet flattered her every curve.  

I hate to say, her face was really pretty.

I'd honestly like it better if it was CL.

 

"Who is that?" I muttered.

"I'd like to know too." Kai chuckled, "Key dates? And during competition? He's gone mental."

"Is that not like him?" I whispered.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the pair.

Where had CL or Taemin go? Where's Onew at the least? Why is he out like that?

I tried checking my phone for any text from CL, but nothing. 

 

I felt like my throat was closing up, and my fingertips going numb. I just felt uncomfortable in general.

It hit me, 'you broke my heart last night'. Me and Minho. Could it be that maybe Key  liked me a little too?

Whatever it might've been, it sure looked like he got over it tonight.

'You broke my heart last night'

That line he said to me earlier was stuck in my head for the rest of the night. 

 

[A/N] I didnt edit this, but yeah lol. I think you guys won't mind... I'll come back to edit later... All comments that just say 'update soon' will be downvoted from here on out. Please give me better comments than that, it motivates me to update faster lol. but anyways, sorry for the long wait, thanks for being patient! By the way, are any of you babys? I'm still in the works of posting up a Yongguk FF (because yg has become my bias and I... OTL) Pleaase look forward to it? Maybe? Alright ♥