Suicidal

My Fair Model

Kanazawa International Design Institute

Professor Anna’s Office

Key’s POV

“So you’re all ready to go?” She muttered, still scribbling in her planner; her eyes didn’t even bother to look up at us since we came in the room.

I’m in deep . I can feel it.

“…Yes professor—“

“And I hear your girl has dropped out at the last minute? Kim, you cannot hide things from me, I’ve been in this institute for way too long.” She chuckled, slid her glasses down the bridge of her nose and peered up at me.

I smiled, “Professor Anna, with all due respect, I didn’t need the girl anyway. My line is mostly menswear, I just need to cut out the girl stuff and I can—“

“No.” She stated and continued on with her writing.

The room fell silent for a good minute.

“Your models, tell me why you decided to choose these three in particular?” She said standing up and going over to them, “Why Tao? Why Minho? Why Kai? Why?”

I peered to my side and found my male models tense in one corner as my professor looked at them.

I cleared my throat, “I thought it would be obvious, they’re all extremely tall.”

“Is it? Or is it because you’re doing favors?”

I tilted my head to the side, “Professor, I don’t know what you’re—“

She nodded, “Minho is going. He’ll have a greater chance at getting more go-sees. Tao and Kai are still young; you’re bringing them as maybe an internship through you so they get more experience.”

“Professor Anna.” I chuckled.

She smirked, “They’re also your friends, don’t deny it.”

I shrugged, “Yeah.”

“Yeah~” She mimicked me, “I’m fine with you doing this, but you have to add a girl to your team. Think of it as my favor.”

“But—“

“I submitted your gown assignment along with your entry. I know, I did it without your permission, but--It’s received the highest score out of your line. It’s why they accepted you into the competition.” She chuckled, “You need a female model.”

“Professor, Hyoni wanted me to pay her 5 grand upfront! I’m just a student!” I groaned, “Why can’t you help me—“

“This is your collection not mine. I can only give you my advice.” She said, “But you’re right. The female models here are money hungry, vicious es.”

I heard the guys muffle their laughter as we spoke.

She smiled at them and turned to me, “Kim, I suggestion is you get that model by tomorrow or I’m dropping you out of the competition and putting in Zhang.”

“Zhang?!” I shouted in disgust, “Zhang, the weirdo! The guy can’t even make a simple shirt without it tearing at the seams!”

“Always bad mouthing the other students, Kibum,” She chuckled, “Well, that weirdo is your rival. Get that female model.”

“But how am I suppose to—“

“Out.”

I sighed and herded the guys out of the office.

 

***

 

I led the guys down the hallway past the other designers. I can feel the pressure sinking in as I hear my name whispered as I pass by.

I sighed, “Let’s go somewhere.”

“Like where?” Minho asked.

I shrugged, “Anywhere.”

“Are we going to find a replacement?” Kai asked.

“Urgh! That , Hyoni.” I punched my anger into Minho’s shoulder, “I don’t even want to think about right now.”

“But you only have a few hours---“

“Tao, shut up will you?!” I shouted, “I know!”

Minho sighed, “Back to the dorms?”

“Aniyo, Tao’s right,  I have to find another girl.” I muttered, rubbing my temples, “If we roam around Tokyo, we’re bound to find a tall girl out there.”

 

***

 

We took my car, I told Minho to drive as I tried to get my head on straight.

If I don’t find a girl, I might as well end it here.

“Take us down further I’ll treat us for a late dinner.” I muttered.

“Yes~” Kai chuckled in the back seat with Tao.

I turned to them, “Hey you’re all models, and you guys should have model girl friends…”

Minho chuckled, “I would have suggested one if I had some. Then again, our agency is all boys and has a strict ‘no-dating’ policy.”

I scoffed, “You three balls.”

They continued laughing at me.

 

Please god, please, I know I don’t talk to you that much, but I really need a female model. My life in’ depends on this . Sorry for cussing so much, Jesus, I’ll work on that. Anyway, if you help me, I’ll be a in’ better person --- more often. Please? Thanks. I don’t really know how to end this sort of stuff so… End? Amen. Hallelujah. World Peace. Your homie, Key.

I stared blankly out of the window. Hopeless.

I have to do this. I can't go back.

 

A few minutes of mindless driving while we tried thinking of a place to eat, suddenly Tao became hysterical.

“Guys…” Tao gasped, “GUYS LOOK!”

“Tao, shut up.” Kai muttered.

“No Seriously! LOOK!” Tao shouted, “That girl’s gonna jump!”

I chuckled, “Tao calm down, we’re on the bridge why on earth would a chick—“

“HYUNG JUST LOOK!” Tao shrieked.

“Aish,” I muttered and turned around to see, “Ho , there is a chick back there.”

“STOP THE CAR!” Tao panicked.

I put my hand on Minho’s shoulder, “Pull over, pull over, Tao’s getting upset.”

“Of course!” Tao shouted, “Aren’t you?! We have to help!”

I sighed, “Calm down, Tao. Stuff like this happens all the time.”

Minho pulled over and nodded, “Happens every day. Let’s just go—“

Tao abruptly got out of the car and onto the side walk.

I sat up and popped my head out the window and called out for him.

“TAO ARE YOU CRAZY?! GET BACK HERE! THERE’S NO USE! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HER!” I shouted.

He turned to me and ran further down the sidewalk.

“Aish, “I muttered, “C’mon guys, let’s go get him. I swear that kid gets to be too much sometimes.”

I grabbed my bag and took off for Tao as Kai and Minho followed.

“Tao, you come back here now! Come over here!” I hissed.

 

“Hey, I can help you!” Tao nodded to the crazed girl leaning against the railing.

“Go away!” She shouted.

“You heard her, Tao, come on!” I shouted, “Don’t get involved.”

“Hyung, look at her!” Tao pointed.

The girl glanced over at us and back to water below.

Wait a in’ minute. I took a hard look at the girl. This girl might cut it. I don’t know if I’m just that desperate but she looks like she could pass.

Thank you, Mother Teresa , thank you so much. I’ll be a better person from time to time. Your homeboy, Key.

By the looks of it, the girl sure is slender, pale, and pretty tall with extremely long black hair. She glanced my way and I got a pretty good look at her face. She'll have to do.

 

“Tao, come here, and I'll handle it.” I said softly.

“You will?” Tao asked a bit bewildered.

I nodded coming closer, and pulling him aside.

***

 

“Does he know what he’s doing?” Tao asked Minho.

“This situation is something that I know Key will take in calmly and wisely” Minho whispered.

“Girl, are you going to jump or what?” I asked, walking toward her.

“I take that back.” Minho said behind me, “Key, come back here!”

“Shush.” I turned to the guys and tried shooing them back to the car.

They ended up watching me a few strides behind me.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. Time to put on your best poker face, Key.

 

“Well? Jump already!” I smirked.

The girl turned to me, “I’m working on it.”

“Just do it.” I chuckled.

“Go away.” She shouted.

I pulled out my Polaroid camera and took a picture of her.

“What the hell are you doing?!” She narrowed her eyes at me and edged away as I got closer.

“Me? More like what the hell are you doing?” I chuckled, “I’m just doing a normal everyday thing; taking pictures. You on the other hand are going to jump at any moment, right?”

She just looked at me and then back to the water.

I shook my head, “Tsk tsk, Out of all the ways you could kill yourself, you choose jumping off the T.G Bridge?”

“Yeah, this isn’t really working.” She muttered, “Can you leave already? Thanks.”

I laughed, “What’s your name?”

“Go away.”

I folded my arms and smirked, “No. What’s your name? I’m Kim Kibum, but please, call me Key.”

I leaned against the opposite side of the railing and looked at her.

“Are you going to be a rude and not tell me your name?” I said bluntly, “At least be nice to me, this is your final hour until you die.”

“What?” She turned to me, “Please, just going away.”

“How tall are you?” I asked.

She narrowed her eyes at me and went straight back to looking at the water below.

I started waving the Polaroid picture I took of her, “You’re very pretty. Why would a lady like you be doing something like this? I’m sure your family will be devastated.”

“I don’t have a family.” She said casually.

I shrugged, “Well, maybe a boyfriend—“

“Tch~” She chuckled.

“What’s your name?” I asked her again.

She glanced over at me and slipped off her heel, watching it drop into the river below.

My heart sank after seeing that. This chick is for real. What the hell am I getting myself into?

 

“_______.” She muttered.

“I-Im sorry, one more time?” I leaned in closer.

She sighed, “My name is Kim _______.”

“You’re Korean?” I gasped, “What a small world, so are we. What are you doing here in Tokyo, ________?”

She looked at me and didn’t respond.

She doesn't have the guts to do this. If I keep playing around this way she'll have to lash out on me...

“Alright, I see you don’t want to answer that.” I nodded, “I guess you can jump to your death now.”

I smiled and just looked at her, “What a shame.”

“Huh?”

“It’s just a shame.” I shrugged, “So unique looking, and you’re just going to end it.”

She looked down at the water and then to me, “Me?”

“Oh no sweetie, not you, I was talking about your leather jacket. It’s Givenchy right? What a shame to see that go. You could give it to me before you go and die. I’d love to have it.”  I chuckled.

“Why you little---“She turned around to try and hit me.

I grabbed hold of her and pulled her back to the other side of the railing.

“LET GO OF ME!” She shrieked.

I struggled a bit with her in my arms. Yep, this girl has to be at least 5'9, I'm still a bit taller. Yes, she'll do.

 

I held onto her waist a little tighter and called out for the others, “Guys, can I get a little help here?”

I let Tao and Kai grab hold of her as we walked back to the car.

She tried pulling herself away as we left.

"________ I need you to come along with us." I said calmly.

"Why?!" She shouted, "Let me go!"

"I'll explain soon, okay?" I smiled, "Now please crazy girl, just hold on. Make sure she sits in the middle, she might jump out of the car and we don't want that do we?"

“Is it okay to be doing this?” Minho said to me, “Shouldn’t we be taking her to a hospital or something?”

“Nah, she’s totally fine, totally stable.” I nodded.

“No really, what do we do with her?” Minho asked, looking in the rear view mirror as the girl sat quietly in the back with Tao and Kai.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I smirked.